Liberty at Huffman Game Thread/Huffman wins 62-13!!

[quote name="joker991" post="1292596" timestamp="1349502065"]
what makes you think liberty is gonna get third? cleveland has a good team this yr and yes i have seen them play. why talk when liberty cant even win the big games but only the easy teams. yall lost to buna and h-f
[/quote]

ya'll? WE didn't do anything. lol. hf and buna affects liberty making the playoffs how? you're entitled to your own opinion, i'm entitled not to give a flying.. care. IMO liberty will get third, instead of trying to argue MY OPINION state yours and move along.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top three will be CS,Huffman and Cleveland. Huffman could upset CS, the defending District Champs,but until they do it'll be this way. Liberty gave up 28 points to Splendora in their win last week and Cleveland didnt allow not a single point this week against them.Liberty will have to throw the ball a lot but Cleveland's secondary is too quick and if they try to run the ball all game like they did against Huffman they'll really get killed.Deel has to run more than the few number of plays he's running.
  Some believe the players give up early in the game,well so do the coaches.The play selection proves this.I really feel for some of these players.The comment that Liberty has no D1 players is unfortunatly true but thats not the fault of the players that had D1 potential.I believe that a couple of these players would've had a decent chance had they been under another program.Daniel Fitzwater is a good example of this.His parents moved him where he had a better chance to be noticed.With the numbers he's putting up he is being noticed.Had he stayed at Liberty no school would even be looking. And I dont want to hear from any Liberty or Fitz haters that he's not being looked at because he is.FACT.Im not saying offers Im saying scouts.Looking and offers are different.
Anyway,Liberty will get 4th at best if they dont get the big head and think they can beat Tarkington,those cowpokes are getting hungry for a district win.

From what i hear practice starts at 4 kids dont get there til 415; also heard deel doesnt require the kids to lift during the season. I tell you one thing; Jeff Stewart was not the best play caller, but the guy made sure week in and week out his player's were mentally and physically ready. Look in the books aint no way no Huffman or Coldsprings were beating Liberty by no 35 40 points. no way! No negativey just facts. If you go to game you see the walking you see it. Its right there so as a player you know!

The problem here lies on the kids not the coaches. They have completely laid down they have quit on thier coaches but more disturbing they have quit on each other. I you can't play for your teammates none can make you play for them. Really hope the players realize that it's not over yet and turn it around

Who wants to run three plays all game? Who wants to run the ball all game when your down by 20+? The kids walk around, pout, don't hit.. at all. Weak mentally and physically, I blame the coaches. I don't think the players should give up, but quite frankly.. how can you blame them? This is ridiculous. For all the hate, I understand, wasn't long ago that Liberty was whooping all of your teams. Enjoy running through the weak 22-3a and getting a first round exit.

[quote name="Rice-Coach" post="1293826" timestamp="1349611651"]
If falls on the coaches. simple you should not lose your players and your players mentality should not be give up. simple As a coach you must motivate and keep your players up and high. They only do what they see you do. Liberty must make a change!
[/quote]
Easier said than done. Players do not "only do what they see the coach do". It is not about the "Xs and Os" it is ALWAYS about the "Bobbys and Joes". Liberty was 7-3 last year with the same coaches. The coaches did not become incompetent all of a sudden. Liberty had no chance when the QB left.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1293867" timestamp="1349618559"]
[quote author=Rice-Coach link=topic=104201.msg1293826#msg1293826 date=1349611651]
If falls on the coaches. simple you should not lose your players and your players mentality should not be give up. simple As a coach you must motivate and keep your players up and high. They only do what they see you do. Liberty must make a change!
[/quote]
Easier said than done. Players do not "only do what they see the coach do". It is not about the "Xs and Os" it is ALWAYS about the "Bobbys and Joes". Liberty was 7-3 last year with the same coaches. The coaches did not become incompetent all of a sudden. Liberty had no chance when the QB left.
[/quote]

And after the qb left, the back-up got hurt along with like 7 starters... disaster in the making.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1293867" timestamp="1349618559"]
[quote author=Rice-Coach link=topic=104201.msg1293826#msg1293826 date=1349611651]
[/quote]
[/quote]
One close win against a winning team for those seven wins last year.  There has not been any changes correct.

[quote name="Dwack" post="1294690" timestamp="1349712075"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=104201.msg1293867#msg1293867 date=1349618559]
[/quote]
[/quote]
One close win against a winning team for those seven wins last year.  There has not been any changes correct.
[/quote]
That is 100% incorrect. Liberty does not have the same players including a division 1 QB recruit.

I keep hearing Liberty say "Well we were 7-3 last year" sorry not a good argument as 6 of the 7 teams that Liberty beat last year won like a combined 7 wins between them (and most of those wins were between the same 6 teams).  Liberty has not beaten a quality team in years - with the notable exception of the private Beaumont team last year.  And most games against good teams end in blowouts.  This year they stepped up the pre district schedule to not include patsies and look what has happened.

Liberty has issues - how to repair those issues is now the question.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1292495" timestamp="1349498918"]

Rofl, tell that to the north texas coaches there for tebo and the many colleges after mosley. When do you think they quit? [b]They tried, they were outmatched[/b]. Simple. Wait.. you're right. [b]Huffman was full of d1 players [/b] and Liberty didn't even have a player that could make practice team at Lamar. You're right.
[/quote]

That means that the Huffman player they were matched up against was better, and if Huffman doesn't have any D1 talent then well...

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1292774" timestamp="1349530928"]
Top three will be CS,Huffman and Cleveland. Huffman could upset CS, the defending District Champs,but until they do it'll be this way. Liberty gave up 28 points to Splendora in their win last week and Cleveland didnt allow not a single point this week against them.Liberty will have to throw the ball a lot but Cleveland's secondary is too quick and if they try to run the ball all game like they did against Huffman they'll really get killed.Deel has to run more than the few number of plays he's running.
  Some believe the players give up early in the game,well so do the coaches.The play selection proves this.I really feel for some of these players.The comment that Liberty has no D1 players is unfortunatly true but thats not the fault of the players that had D1 potential.I believe that a couple of these players would've had a decent chance had they been under another program.Daniel Fitzwater is a good example of this.His parents moved him where he had a better chance to be noticed.With the numbers he's putting up he is being noticed.Had he stayed at Liberty no school would even be looking. And I dont want to hear from any Liberty or Fitz haters that he's not being looked at because he is.FACT.Im not saying offers Im saying scouts.Looking and offers are different.
Anyway,Liberty will get 4th at best if they dont get the big head and think they can beat Tarkington,those cowpokes are getting hungry for a district win.
[/quote]
I've been trying to stay off this website since Liberty is so bad and I'm a fan and don't want to get heated, but I was just appalled over and over again with the "no d1 players comment' you guys don't know our players. Omar Tebo is 300 pounds and runs under 5, he won state in power lifting, heavyweight division, I'm close friends with a former Liberty players who currently plays offensive line for Texas State University (D1 WAC) and he played with Tebo for a year or two and has no doubt in his mind that Tebo could keep up with him and his teammates. Omar isn't receiving letters anymore, he's receiving phone calls, and personal visits and some coaches have come out to watch him play/practice. He's an outstanding young man, smart, stays on his grades, and has a great family that makes sure he's on top of his game, he is polite and he happens to be an athlete. He has all the characteristics to make it to the next level then add in his size speed and strength and you would be considered ignorant for saying he won't go division 1. That's all I have to say about that topic for those of you from Huffman or wherever the heck your from thinking your some type of division 1 recruiting analyst, I'm no analyst myself but I've seen with my own eyes recruiters showing extreme interest in Omar, so have a nice day everyone.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1295583" timestamp="1349804937"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=104201.msg1292495#msg1292495 date=1349498918]

Rofl, tell that to the north texas coaches there for tebo and the many colleges after mosley. When do you think they quit? [b]They tried, they were outmatched[/b]. Simple. Wait.. you're right. [b]Huffman was full of d1 players [/b] and Liberty didn't even have a player that could make practice team at Lamar. You're right.
[/quote]

That means that the Huffman player they were matched up against was better, and if Huffman doesn't have any D1 talent then well...
[/quote]

Show me where I said huffman didn't have any d1 players. Btw, look at the saints and arkansas.. all the talent in the world with no coaching doesn't translate into W's. Try again.

[quote name="LP6" post="1295762" timestamp="1349819886"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=104201.msg1292774#msg1292774 date=1349530928]
[/quote]
I've been trying to stay off this website since Liberty is so bad and I'm a fan and don't want to get heated, but I was just appalled over and over again with the "no d1 players comment' you guys don't know our players. Omar Tebo is 300 pounds and runs under 5, he won state in power lifting, heavyweight division, I'm close friends with a former Liberty players who currently plays offensive line for Texas State University (D1 WAC) and he played with Tebo for a year or two and has no doubt in his mind that Tebo could keep up with him and his teammates. Omar isn't receiving letters anymore, he's receiving phone calls, and personal visits and some coaches have come out to watch him play/practice. He's an outstanding young man, smart, stays on his grades, and has a great family that makes sure he's on top of his game, he is polite and he happens to be an athlete. He has all the characteristics to make it to the next level then add in his size speed and strength and you would be considered ignorant for saying he won't go division 1. That's all I have to say about that topic for those of you from Huffman or wherever the heck your from thinking your some type of division 1 recruiting analyst, I'm no analyst myself but I've seen with my own eyes recruiters showing extreme interest in Omar, so have a nice day everyone.
[/quote]

Finally, great post. And with that, after today I'm through with the setx hs forums myself. Liberty haters rejoice!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder