Nederland tickets for the Vidor game

dog71

Vidor school district only sent 10 tickets to be sold at Nedrland for the upcoming game. Is this a ploy to keep Nederland fans from going to the game or so they can sell the visitors side seats to the home crowd. They said tickets will only be sold at the gate at 6:00. How long would it take for 5000 Nederland fans to stand in line for tickets if there are any at all. Either way this is pretty chickens**t of the Vidor school district. Elderly fans like myself cannot stand in line for 10 hours to try to get a ticket.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For one, it's against UIL rules to allow teams to sit with each other.  Back in the day, Vidor fans would sit on the visitor side during homecoming because our side is always packed.  However, you don't see that anymore.  I doubt that Vidor only sent 10 tickets to Ned though.  What would we care if Ned's side was full??  It's going to be full regardless if you buy a ticket early or the day of.  Thank god for season tickets though!!!

[quote name="NDNation" post="1280575" timestamp="1348499515"]
We didnt even get enough Vidor tickets for our season ticket holders...They told us Vidor only sent 500 but that we could buy them the week of the game. Dont think it was done out of spite or anything...maybe they didnt have enough ready.
[/quote]

I think Ned and PNG are the only two teams that can buy away game season tickets.  I know we can't, they do not go on sale for away games until the week of for Pirate fans.

[quote name="dog71" post="1280566" timestamp="1348499019"]
Vidor school district only sent 10 tickets to be sold at Nedrland for the upcoming game. Is this a ploy to keep Nederland fans from going to the game or so they can sell the visitors side seats to the home crowd. They said tickets will only be sold at the gate at 6:00. How long would it take for 5000 Nederland fans to stand in line for tickets if there are any at all. Either way this is pretty chickens**t of the Vidor school district. Elderly fans like myself cannot stand in line for 10 hours to try to get a ticket.
[/quote]

Dog71 is just stirring the pot

Per NISD Vidor sent ONLY ten tickets for this game. This is unforgiveable on the part of powers to be in Vidor. My Dad is 85 yrs old. I'm 58 with severe neck problems and my brother is 60 with a bad back. We are not capable of standing in line for hours to get tickets for something we look forward to for months. I have personally taken up for Vidor against haters from other areas in defense of the people in the community on this board and outside of sports. We went to Vidor playoff games and supported your team. Now we will be forced to miss this game because of some chicken s--t ploy by the administrators in your school district. To go to these lengths to try to gain any kind of advantage is dismal at the least. Congratulations.

[quote name="coach pops" post="1280628" timestamp="1348502169"]
Per NISD Vidor sent ONLY ten tickets for this game. This is unforgiveable on the part of powers to be in Vidor. My Dad is 85 yrs old. I'm 58 with severe neck problems and my brother is 60 with a bad back. We are not capable of standing in line for hours to get tickets for something we look forward to for months. I have personally taken up for Vidor against haters from other areas in defense of the people in the community on this board and outside of sports. We went to Vidor playoff games and supported your team. Now we will be forced to miss this game because of some chicken s--t ploy by the administrators in your school district. To go to these lengths to try to gain any kind of advantage is dismal at the least. Congratulations.
[/quote]
I agree pops........had this gone down the other way it would have been the other team griping....and deservedly so

We're having the same ticket issue at PNG!  I went to pick up my season tickets the 2nd day they went on sale and there were already no more Vidor tickets!  At the time, we were told that Visor only sent 500 and that's all they were sending period!  Apparently our Admin made some calls to Vidor and UIL officials and filed a complaintand Vidor was told they must send more!  A couple weeks later a message.was posted on the PNGISD website that more tickets will be available the week of the game!  How many more...I don't know!  After hearing they only sent 10 to Nederland I'm very concerned that we won't get many more than that!!

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1280703" timestamp="1348505804"]
I know the 500 tickets that PNG got were gone the first day of season ticket sales.

All I can tell you is get there early if you want to wait in line for a ticket and bring a cooler of drinks and food.
[/quote]

We play you guys for homecoming.  Almost all of the home side has been sold already.  There isn't hardly any season tickets left with the exception of one seat here and there and the gen admin tickets are pretty much gone too.

[quote name="rvbulldogs" post="1280748" timestamp="1348507632"]
Yep. 10 tickets. Wow.
[/quote]

Thats 6 PNG fans, 3 Lumberton Fans, and me.  Why would you want to go see Vidor beat you anyway?  You know the PNG and Lumberton fans have little need to go watch the "toilet bowl"......as one put it.  ;)

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1280760" timestamp="1348508162"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=103624.msg1280703#msg1280703 date=1348505804]
I know the 500 tickets that PNG got were gone the first day of season ticket sales.

All I can tell you is get there early if you want to wait in line for a ticket and bring a cooler of drinks and food.
[/quote]

We play you guys for homecoming.  There will be some ticked off Pirate fans come this game too because I know that almost all of the home side has been sold already.  There isn't hardly any season tickets left with the exception of one seat here and there and the gen admin tickets are pretty much gone too.
[/quote]
I always hought that the visiting team got the visiting seating allotment......if they were not sold by a certain day the remaining tickets were returned to the home team to then be sold.

I know this isn't a rule but usually adhered to unspoken rule

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1280768" timestamp="1348508420"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=103624.msg1280760#msg1280760 date=1348508162]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=103624.msg1280703#msg1280703 date=1348505804]

[/quote]

We play you guys for homecoming.  There will be some ticked off Pirate fans come this game too because I know that almost all of the home side has been sold already.  There isn't hardly any season tickets left with the exception of one seat here and there and the gen admin tickets are pretty much gone too.
[/quote]
I always hought that the visiting team got the visiting seating allotment......if they were not sold by a certain day the remaining tickets were returned to the home team to then be sold.

I know this isn't a rule but usually adhered to unspoken rule
[/quote]

It's against UIL rules for the two teams to sit together.

I have a hard time thinking this is true. Why would a district employee send a PNG 500 and Nederland 10? As a long time season ticket holder i can assure you Vidor fans will Not be allowed to sit on the visitors side. It has been many years since that was allowed. It is silly to think that by selling the tickets at the gate is going to keep football fans away from this game. Think about it, why increase your vollunteers workload by having them sell the tickets rather than allowing someonelse have to mess with it. Vidor sends out a set amount of tickets to a visiting team just like all the teams do. If a opposing school decides to just sell their allotted tickets to students and not season ticket holders thats their business. 

I was curious so I looked into the UIL Rules and did not see anything about the Home team not allowed to sit on Visitors side the following is the only thing listed in reference to seating.

(1) Seating. The visiting team has the right to demand one-half of the stadium seats in relation to the 50-yard line in all
League football contests, whether district games, non-district games or playoff games, unless mutually agreed
otherwise by the two schools involved. A visiting team can demand one half of the reserved seats. A visiting team has
a right to split the stadium in relation to the fifty yard line, subject to the end zone situation being equal, unless
mutually agreeable otherwise

[quote name="jmoore" post="1280792" timestamp="1348509246"]
I was curious so I looked into the UIL Rules and did not see anything about the Home team not allowed to sit on Visitors side the following is the only thing listed in reference to seating.

(1) Seating. The visiting team has the right to demand one-half of the stadium seats in relation to the 50-yard line in all
League football contests, whether district games, non-district games or playoff games, unless mutually agreed
otherwise by the two schools involved. A visiting team can demand one half of the reserved seats. A visiting team has
a right to split the stadium in relation to the fifty yard line, subject to the end zone situation being equal, unless
mutually agreeable otherwise
[/quote]
I was just looking at that jmoore.....I believe a team can make a rule for their field or a district could make a rule for their schools but I cannot find anywhere in the UIL handbook that says it is a UIL rule

This comes down to being a totally classless act with the intent to disrespect an entire community for the sake of pissing people off. It is childish and irresponsible behavior and a terrible example of bad sportsmanship. Kudos to the p---k that hatched this crap. This is a hell of an example to set for your community and students. If Nederland did something this sorry to an opponent I would be at the admin. building getting a king sized piece of someones ass. This foolish act has totally overpowered all the positive steps the Vidor community has made in the minds of fair people. The backlash will be tremendous and deserved.