Tarkington @ Cleveland Predictions

rangers12

[quote name="Indians08" post="1281656" timestamp="1348589332"]
Well, I must say this gave everyone a huge laugh this morning, Tarkington has played a couple of schools that has a W/L record worse then them and came out on top and now everyone says there gonna compete with Cleveland, bahahahaha, Have ya'll forgot about the spanking they took from Cleveland last year, I believe it was 67 to 13, come on, I'm glad to see a few wins in Tarkingtons corner too but to get on here and act like you can compete with Cleveland is just crazy!  I will tune back in Friday night about 11'ish for the crow supper!!!!

[/quote]
How did the freshmen do against Tarkington last year? They are now the sophmores at Tarkington and many are on varsity. I dont know if Tarkington will close the deal this year but they will make the playoffs next year.

As with most young teams, Tarkington's play has been inconsistent, but improving weekly. I don't know if they will beat Cleveland, but I expect a competitive game and I expect more victories this year. Someone said they would go 3-3 in district, which is a realistic expectation. We'll see which column this week's game goes into on Friday night. One difference observed this year at Tarkington is that these guys believe they can win, even if they are behind, and there's always a chance they will. Cleveland has good athletes and coaches, and I think they have the best chance of being the third or perhaps the second place team in district this year, but you never know. That's why we play the games on Friday night.

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1282273" timestamp="1348655790"]
As with most young teams, Tarkington's play has been inconsistent, but improving weekly. I don't know if they will beat Cleveland, but I expect a competitive game and I expect more victories this year. Someone said they would go 3-3 in district, which is a realistic expectation. We'll see which column this week's game goes into on Friday night. One difference observed this year at Tarkington is that these guys believe they can win, even if they are behind, and there's always a chance they will. Cleveland has good athletes and coaches, and I think they have the best chance of being the third or perhaps the second place team in district this year, but you never know. That's why we play the games on Friday night.
[/quote]

Just looking at each teams schedules up to now, Cleveland has played teams that are traditionally good but are not very good this year (Kirbyville, madisonville, Sealy). Lost to one and won another in OT. Tarkington beat a 5a team last week. Maybe 42 is too much in your opinion but just watch. Longhorns are city champs this year by a large margin. Write it down.

[quote name="wbfan" post="1282263" timestamp="1348639172"]
Until this year, Tarkington was godawful. What happened over there? Did kids from Cleveland transfer across town? If they manage to beat Cleveland, I think they will make the playoffs. If they lose, I think they still make the playoffs as the 3rd team.
[/quote]

Had a very good crop of freshman and alot of them are on varsity now and these kids have experienced success and it is rubbing off on other kids that have been on varsity but havent experienced much success. They don't have any transfers from Cleveland so it should be an interesting match up.

I don't see this being a blowout either way. It is going to be a close game and a very good competitive game. Both defenses are pretty salty and both offenses have shown they can move the ball up the field. No way with the defenses that both of these teams have that the game will get out of hand with big numbers. Looking forward to this Friday night to see the outcome in this game.

[quote name="Mike_Honcho" post="1282281" timestamp="1348659232"]
Combined win loss record for the teams clleveland has played is 7-7
the combined record tarkington has played is 4-10

Don't know much about strength of schedule but I think it favors the Indians
[/quote]

Instead of strength of schedule look at actual numbers.  Tarkington avg 26 on offense and 15 on def.  Cleveland 22 off and 15 def.  tarkington has faced better defenses than clev. Seems like it might be a defense game but I still think clev def will not stop tarkington.  I also think tarkintgon plays better def than what the indians have faced this year.  I am sure cleveland doesn't mind losing though . . . . they get to start bball sooner.

Your right Stangbacker let Cleveland play that thump, thump. That's right y’all beat them last year.  Remember the Indians beat the Longhorns 70-12 last year.  Cleveland returned nine on Defense and two on offense.  I think the Indians offense is not as good as last but the defense is better.    My prediction is that yes it will be a good game but Cleveland pre-district schedule has prepared them for Friday night.  Sealy, Madisonville, and Kirbyville are all playoff teams.  Who have y’all played that will make the playoffs.  And don’t say HJ because Cleveland dominated them in their scrimmage.

[quote name="StangBacker" post="1282389" timestamp="1348670288"]
[quote author=Mike_Honcho link=topic=103618.msg1282281#msg1282281 date=1348659232]
Combined win loss record for the teams clleveland has played is 7-7
the combined record tarkington has played is 4-10

Don't know much about strength of schedule but I think it favors the Indians
[/quote]

Instead of strength of schedule look at actual numbers.  Tarkington avg 26 on offense and 15 on def.  Cleveland 22 off and 15 def.  tarkington has faced better defenses than clev. Seems like it might be a defense game but I still think clev def will not stop tarkington.  I also think tarkintgon plays better def than what the indians have faced this year.  I am sure cleveland doesn't mind losing though . . . . they get to start bball sooner.
[/quote

Please tell me out of Huntington 0-4, Hardin 1-2, Hardin-Jefferson 3-1 and Houston 1-4 who has the better defense that Tarkington has faced? You will see Friday night what a defense looks like and who has the better one. Have you even seen Cleveland Play?

[quote name="Mike_Honcho" post="1282615" timestamp="1348685590"]
Your right Stangbacker let Cleveland play that thump, thump. That's right y’all beat them last year.  Remember the Indians beat the Longhorns 70-12 last year.  Cleveland returned nine on Defense and two on offense.  I think the Indians offense is not as good as last but the defense is better.    My prediction is that yes it will be a good game but Cleveland pre-district schedule has prepared them for Friday night.  Sealy, Madisonville, and Kirbyville are all playoff teams.  Who have y’all played that will make the playoffs.  And don’t say HJ because Cleveland dominated them in their scrimmage.
[/quote]
Madisonville is not going to the playoffs and the other two are not locks.

I just typed a long thought out thread that my computer erased because of an update. I'm very ticked by it all so here's the short version. Insane, absolutely insane. Really Tarkington?! Yeah, Tarkington could when this game, only because anything is possible. It wont happen, it's that simple. They will be competitive at times and I don't expect a fifty point win but Cleveland will win by three td's. Look, Tarkington has beat three teams that have combined for three wins. There loss came to a Hardin Jefferson team that didn't even convert a first down against Cleveland's frst string defense in their scrimmage. So everybody on the prairie just cool your jets, because Friday is going to be a long night. Just enjoy what will be one of your better seasons in a while. Beat Cleveland? No.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1282877" timestamp="1348709950"]
[quote author=Mike_Honcho link=topic=103618.msg1282615#msg1282615 date=1348685590]
[/quote]
[/quote]

^^^ true^^^

u act like cleve has already beaten playoff teams.  madisonville will not make the playoffs, sealy might get in the playoffs and kirbyville will have an tuff time getting in with their tough district.  you didn't metnion the team clev just played.  how about washington? they lost to a 5A team that tarkington put away easily.  Clevland was actually in a position to lose to them from what I understand. The more i have looked at cleveland history i believe more an more that tarkington stands a great chance in this game.  Hoping that cleve fumbles the ball like they have and the longhorns will capitalize on that weak defense. Game will kick off soon, get ready clevland its time to accept a loss to tarkington!

1 more thought before the whipping takes place. Honcho, you keep actin like hj isnt very good.  if they pull out one more upset they could be in the playoffs. last week they beat one of the areas top teams (east Chabers). an upset? yes but still they won. theres a guy on cl;eveland staff that hasnt been able to beat EC in quite some time. The choke bug travels . . . . think it mite show up this week?

[quote name="StangBacker" post="1282925" timestamp="1348714382"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=103618.msg1282877#msg1282877 date=1348709950]
[quote author=Mike_Honcho link=topic=103618.msg1282615#msg1282615 date=1348685590]
[/quote]
[/quote]

^^^ true^^^

u act like cleve has already beaten playoff teams.  madisonville will not make the playoffs, sealy might get in the playoffs and kirbyville will have an tuff time getting in with their tough district.  you didn't metnion the team clev just played.  how about washington? they lost to a 5A team that tarkington put away easily.  Clevland was actually in a position to lose to them from what I understand. The more i have looked at cleveland history i believe more an more that tarkington stands a great chance in this game.  Hoping that cleve fumbles the ball like they have and the longhorns will capitalize on that weak defense. Game will kick off soon, get ready clevland its time to accept a loss to tarkington!
[/quote]Ahhhh, you were ill informed. They were never in jeopardy of losing this game. Here's your weak defense...Washington had negative rushing yards and just over 150 yards passing for the game. That's 150 yds of total offense for Washington. Cleveland had a td called back for a penalty and Washington's second and final td came against Cleveland's second stringers late in the fourth quarter. Now you have the facts. Use them wisely. 

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1282916" timestamp="1348714100"]
I just typed a long thought out thread that my computer erased because of an update. I'm very ticked by it all so here's the short version. Insane, absolutely insane. Really Tarkington?! Yeah, Tarkington could when this game, only because anything is possible. It wont happen, it's that simple. They will be competitive at times and I don't expect a fifty point win but Cleveland will win by three td's. Look, Tarkington has beat three teams that have combined for three wins. There loss came to a Hardin Jefferson team that didn't even convert a first down against Cleveland's frst string defense in their scrimmage. So everybody on the prairie just cool your jets, because Friday is going to be a long night. Just enjoy what will be one of your better seasons in a while. Beat Cleveland? No.
[/quote]

IMO tonights game is going to be a good one. I don't think it will be anything like the blow outs that have been predicted. However, the one thing I do know is that if Tarkington does pull out a "W" 15/16 will be back on here with a mile long list of reasons why the Indians beat themselves because there is no one in this district that can outright beat the tribe  ::)

[quote name="UKCats" post="1284258" timestamp="1348853011"]
[quote author=indian15/16 link=topic=103618.msg1282916#msg1282916 date=1348714100]
[/quote]

IMO tonights game is going to be a good one. I don't think it will be anything like the blow outs that have been predicted. However, the one thing I do know is that if Tarkington does pull out a "W" 15/16 will be back on here with a mile long list of reasons why the Indians beat themselves because there is no one in this district that can outright beat the tribe  ::)
[/quote]Incorrect. I will always assess and give my opinion of what might have been the pitfalls for the Indians on any given night but make no mistake about it. If Tarkington wins (highly doubtful), it will be because they were the better team on this night. I do see, however, UKCats isn't willing to hitch his/her wagon to the Longhorns. Imagine that. Way to stick your neck out there and say it will be a good game.  ???

I'm a realist. . .I believe the Horns have come a long way over the last 3 years, but a 60 year slump is a tough hurdle to overcome. If they execute their game plan and the ball bounces their way a few times then there is a possibility they win this game. Cleveland is definitely not (at least this year) what I would consider a "powerhouse" football program. But they always get up to play Tarkington. Should be an exciting one!

[quote name="UKCats" post="1284367" timestamp="1348863287"]
I'm a realist. . .I believe the Horns have come a long way over the last 3 years, but a 60 year slump is a tough hurdle to overcome. If they execute their game plan and the ball bounces their way a few times then there is a possibility they win this game. Cleveland is definitely not (at least this year) what I would consider a "powerhouse" football program. But they always get up to play Tarkington. Should be an exciting one!
[/quote]Fair enough. I'll say this though, with the exception of running back, the Indians are better at every position compared to last year. "Powerhouse", not yet but could be. Time will tell.

[quote name="indian15/16" post="1284469" timestamp="1348869400"]
[quote author=UKCats link=topic=103618.msg1284367#msg1284367 date=1348863287]
[/quote]Fair enough. I'll say this though, with the exception of running back, the Indians are better at every position compared to last year. "Powerhouse", not yet but could be. Time will tell.
[/quote]

I think the RB on Cleveland's 7th grade team could start on their varsity right now.  He has the speed and size of a varsity player already.  Their qb wasn't far behind him either.  Very bright future when those 2 make it to the top level.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder