Can WOS go unbeaten inn 2012

nasty661

Way too early to talk like that. ..just look what LC-M did. If you don't come to play your gonna get beat because EVERYONE comes to play against the STANGS! I thought the line was pretty good missing an all-district performer. Do not take anyone in our district lightly. We were just a few inches from connecting on a couple big plays and at least two more TD's. At least we are protecting the football, now it's time to stop the penalties.

I think that this is one of the great things about Texas High School Football, you just cant point out one team and say they are gonna win the State Title.  There are so many things that can happen: injuries, grades, playing conditions, etc...  I believe WOS is playing at a high level and has as good a chance as anybody to win the whole thing.  I do however believe that it is premature to mention anybody winning a title.  Last year the Region III and IV Champions that matched up in the Semis were Coldspring and Wimberly.  In the first round last year both were almost eliminated:  Coldspring 7 BC 0 and Wimberly beat Taylor who was (4-6) in 2OT's.  Wimberly then went on to win the AAA Div II Title.  It's a long year and anything can happen.  My advice would be to stay focused on the opponent in front of you and go from there.  JMO.  Good luck to the Stangs and the Dogs!

I think Silsbee will give WO-S a run for there money.  They got some athletes on offense.  There defense is not as good, but they can play also.  So for undefeated maybe.  Also like many have said Region 3 has to be the toughest in the State this year.  I can think of 3 other schools that would have something to say about it.  I do believe whoever comes out of Region 3 will win the title.  Good luck the rest of the way. 

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1279521" timestamp="1348365885"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=103540.msg1279437#msg1279437 date=1348362369]
NO.........  HF gonna take them out.
[/quote]

To the tune of "RAWHIDE" - Smokin', smokin', smokin,' - keep those Baby's tokin' La La. ;D  Do you believe it or are you just stirrin'?  Cause I bit on it like a dumb ol' hammerhead! ???
[/quote]

They got thbext shot.  If they play VERY diciplined football they can beat WOS.  They will have to bend on defence and be 100% on offense, but they can beat WOS.  8)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1279716" timestamp="1348405419"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103540.msg1279521#msg1279521 date=1348365885]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=103540.msg1279437#msg1279437 date=1348362369]
[/quote]

To the tune of "RAWHIDE" - Smokin', smokin', smokin,' - keep those Baby's tokin' La La. ;D  Do you believe it or are you just stirrin'?  Cause I bit on it like a dumb ol' hammerhead! ???
[/quote]

They got thbext shot.  If they play VERY diciplined football they can beat WOS.  They will have to bend on defence and be 100% on offense, but they can beat WOS.  8)
[/quote]

I'll give you credit for a good answer under the "On any given Firday night . . ." predicting theory.  I'm just sayin' it won't happen with Silsbee NOR will it happen with WO-S. ::)

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1279716" timestamp="1348405419"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103540.msg1279521#msg1279521 date=1348365885]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anything is possible..the refs could be HF parents, there could be penalties on every offensive play for WOS...we could have a flat tire on the bus and have to forfeit. All kidding aside, I think Silsbee and BC have the best chance with a huge edge to Silsbee. This is the week we open up the playbook a little offensively I figure. Think the Stangs take it, and good luck to HF in the rest of district.

Of course, what do I know I thought Coldspring would kill LC-M. It's kinda hard to get a judge on the opponents WOS has played this year. Are their offenses that bad or our defense just that good? Time will tell.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Txdragon" post="1280170" timestamp="1348441805"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=103540.msg1279716#msg1279716 date=1348405419]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anything is possible..the refs could be HF parents, there could be penalties on every offensive play for WOS...we could have a flat tire on the bus and have to forfeit. All kidding aside, I think Silsbee and BC have the best chance with a huge edge to Silsbee. This is the week we open up the playbook a little offensively I figure. Think the Stangs take it, and good luck to HF in the rest of district.

Of course, what do I know I thought Coldspring would kill LC-M. It's kinda hard to get a judge on the opponents WOS has played this year. Are their offenses that bad or our defense just that good? Time will tell.
[/quote]

I can't tell if you're putting your own defense down or not?  But, let's review:  held LC-M to ZERO (they put up a bunch of points on Silsbee and just beat, as you acknowledge above, Coldspring).  Held PN-G to 13 points (their offense isn't just chopped liver).  Held Beaumont Central to ZERO (no comment on their offense).  Held Jasper to 7 (good Lord do they have an offense or not).  You're putting me on with that "they bad/we good suff" aren't you? ???

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1280234" timestamp="1348448360"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=103540.msg1280170#msg1280170 date=1348441805]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=103540.msg1279716#msg1279716 date=1348405419]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can't tell if you're putting your own defense down or not?  But, let's review:  held LC-M to ZERO (they put up a bunch of points on Silsbee and just beat, as you acknowledge above, Coldspring).  Held PN-G to 13 points (their offense isn't just chopped liver).  Held Beaumont Central to ZERO (no comment on their offense).  Held Jasper to 7 (good Lord do they have an offense or not).  You're putting me on with that "they bad/we good suff" aren't you? ???
[/quote]

Dang it, now I got to go change my pick-m to HF.  You made my case for me. 

1st. Coldspring barely beat CE King and you saw what BH did to King.  According to everyone on this board, BH sucks.  So how does that help justify a WOS strength?  Advantage HF.

2nd - You just admintted Jasper did not have an offense and it's not like WOS killed them with points. Advantage HF

3rd - We all know Central sucks, so that's not great accomplishment.  Advantag HF.

4th - Who has Silsbee beat?  Yep, advantage HF.

5th - AND most important, HF scrimmaged BH pretty good and we ALL understand BH is the International Champions and has blinding SPEED as compared to WOS.  ;)   

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1280234" timestamp="1348448360"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=103540.msg1280170#msg1280170 date=1348441805]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Damn, your good!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline