HUFFMAN AT ST. THOMAS BROADCAST/ST. THOMAS WINS 52-28

WOSgrad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="paintballove" post="1278310" timestamp="1348280422"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=103451.msg1278299#msg1278299 date=1348280339]
hmmm..welcome to sad lil ole Tapps football :o
[/quote]

Mind you, they're very good in TAPPS  8)
[/quote]

yup..maybe take out st.pius this year.....shoulda scheduled kelly...we're o-fer and getting beat like a drum!

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1279302" timestamp="1348352840"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103451.msg1279161#msg1279161 date=1348340366]
what in the world has happened the past 2 weeks?
[/quote]

What you mean?
[/quote] The struggle with Galena Park last week, now this. Was Huffman that bad in both those games or their opponent was just that good? I know absolutely nothing about St. Thomas or GP this year.

[quote name="truth_hurts" post="1279316" timestamp="1348353829"]
St Thomas is pretty good.  They should challenge St Pius.  Hopefully, this will only make Huffman better.  They need to pull it all together if they really want to challenge Coldsprings for district.
[/quote]
St Thomas is good but they will not challenge St. Pius X. Coldspring is not setting the world on fire. Huffman vs CS should be a good one.

Only seen St Pius once, vs Sealy.  They looked pretty good. Have seen St Thomas once, vs Strake, and they looked pretty good. I think it may be closer than people think. 

I hope you are right about Coldspring vs Huffman being a good one.  Have seen the last two years and Huffman has played them pretty well.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1279577" timestamp="1348368392"]
Wasn't Huffman's defense supposed to be loaded this year?
[/quote]

I don't know about loaded, but they are a very good team especially on offense. St Thomas is a excellent team they are 4-0 and are picked to beat St. Pius. From what I heard last night it sounded like St. Thomas was just too big for us, they pushed us around on both sides of the ball all night, and the defense which is pretty ypung this year has been prone to giving up big plays. So Huffman is still a very good team imo and we still have our best chance in a while to beat Coldspring. We should be fine come playoff time.

As for Galena Park they have struggled in recent years, but we will find out how good they are next week when they play Friendswood.

[quote name="17HHS92" post="1279615" timestamp="1348370406"]
Also Huffman had a starting linebacker out since 1st quarter GP which hasnt helped.But yea that Thomas line dominated both ways.
[/quote]

I thought he must have been out, because I didn't hear his name all night. Hope he is back soon it won't be easy to replace an all state defender.

I wasn't at the St Thomas game ( First one I missed in 4 Years) But as far the GP game there where 2 bad calls by coach Mac that could have cost them the game and put 14 points on the score board for GP. i am just hoping this weeks loss wasn't yet once again fueled by bad pays by the coach.

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1279688" timestamp="1348384138"]
Kelly beat Thomas and Pius last year with an undersized line.
[/quote]
Last year has no relationship to this year. Pius and Thomas will be able to hang a hundred on Kelly if they choose. Kelly is now one of the worst teams in the state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder