1. 1. Who wins?

• WO-S
    • Jasper

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FootballCrazy1990" post="1273326" timestamp="1347765234"]
why don't people give WO-S what they deserve? i mean every week people tend to hate them and think they will lose. THEIR TEAM DOESN'T SUCK. these guys have the ability to compete with any team in this area and would most likely win. im sure Coach Thompson won't overlook any team and will have his guys compete. the speed on their defense is unbelievable and their offense isn't where it needs to be , but with the momentum they will keep running the ball down people's gut. it'll be a shootout at at dan.r hooks stadium friday but WO-S wins this one 28-6
[/quote]

WOS cant score 28 on jasper unless its all defensive td's sorry

I pick WOS to win 14 to 13 this is gonna be a defensive juggernaut all the way.... the defenses just overpower each offenses its ridiculous and i think that WOS defense comes up with one of those td's lol

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1272801" timestamp="1347741576"]
This is game will be, with apologies to Liberty, OF and Kirbyville on the Jasper side and LC-M, PN-G and Central on the WO-S side, by far the toughest test for both teams thus far this season.  I'll have to respectfully disagree with my friend ryker that the team and coaches are foolish enough as some fans are to look past Jasper.  Do I think WO-S will win? Yes.  Do I think some sort of blowout will occur? No.  It will be, as many Jasper/WO-S games have been, uncomfortably close for fans on both sides of the field.
[/quote]

This is about the most sensible thing anyone has said in this thread so far!

[quote name="marshman" post="1273438" timestamp="1347770317"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=103208.msg1272801#msg1272801 date=1347741576]
This is game will be, with apologies to Liberty, OF and Kirbyville on the Jasper side and LC-M, PN-G and Central on the WO-S side, by far the toughest test for both teams thus far this season.  I'll have to respectfully disagree with my friend ryker that the team and coaches are foolish enough as some fans are to look past Jasper.  Do I think WO-S will win? Yes.  Do I think some sort of blowout will occur? No.  It will be, as many Jasper/WO-S games have been, uncomfortably close for fans on both sides of the field.
[/quote]

This is about the most sensible thing anyone has said in this thread so far!
[/quote]Agreed! Tough but WOS wins,

[quote name="One4All" post="1274030" timestamp="1347883953"]
[quote author=southern-thunder link=topic=103208.msg1274027#msg1274027 date=1347883276]
Jasper wins 21-0 8)
[/quote]
this is a person there will not be found after the game friday,,,,,lol
[/quote]

LOL just being a Homer a guy has to have dreams right??

But yes I will be there to the end!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="rykerx144" post="1272378" timestamp="1347721216"]
Who ya got?  Ill say it now.  Jasper upsets wos!
[/quote]

Yep - spoken like a guy that just got his butt kicked by 40. ;D

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1274033" timestamp="1347884302"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=103208.msg1272378#msg1272378 date=1347721216]
[/quote]

[/quote]

and hasent denied it nor claimed that would not happen!  Im just glad there was no injuries and we have a bye week to heal up and get ready for district.

and no i did not base any part of that statment off the results of the Kville game or anything I saw out of that game.  Jasper beating kville that bad was expected  ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="rykerx144" post="1274046" timestamp="1347885296"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=103208.msg1274033#msg1274033 date=1347884302]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=103208.msg1272378#msg1272378 date=1347721216]
[/quote]

[/quote]

and hasent denied it nor claimed that would not happen!  Im just glad there was no injuries and we have a bye week to heal up and get ready for district.

and no i did not base any part of that statment off the results of the Kville game or anything I saw out of that game.  Jasper beating kville that bad was expected  ;)
[/quote]

Classy and well stated ryker. :-[  But have you seen WO-S this year?

3-0,  Jasper is obviously a very good team. I just hope you Jasper fans show up for the game and dont "HIGH-TAIL" it  in the 3rd quarter like PNG did to their team. I expect to see only "PARENTS" on the Jasper side. I hope you people will prove me wrong and show up and enjoy a very good game and enjoy your "SAD" 75 mile trip back to Jasper. (thats 150 miles round trip)

Monday morning and we're already 5 pages deep on this thread.  Hey AggiesAreWe, what's the over under on this thing reaching 15 pages by Friday afternoon?...it's almost like 'Mid County Madness', maybe we can call it 'Neighboring County Madness'?  Just a thought, no matter who wins it should be a good game.  Jasper O v/s WO-S D.  Rootin' for the Dawgs, but mainly just rooting for a great ballgame that lives up to the hype.

this will be the true test for the kids over at wo-s and ii do belive that the coaching staff and there kids know this.some people say jasper has not played tuff teams thats dose not make any diffrence ,jasper has piled up some big points and are not looking to stop lighting up the scoreboard this friday and we here at wo-s know this.the mustangs must get it togeather in a hurry and try to figer out how slow jaspers scoreing machine down this is the test put infront of  the kids starting today at practice.IMO wastching the last three games the mustangs have played the mustangs still have a long ways to go and will have there hands full with jasper belive me

[quote name="bruno994" post="1274123" timestamp="1347891164"]
Monday morning and we're already 5 pages deep on this thread.  Hey AggiesAreWe, what's the over under on this thing reaching 15 pages by Friday afternoon?...it's almost like 'Mid County Madness', maybe we can call it 'Neighboring County Madness'?  Just a thought, no matter who wins it should be a good game.  Jasper O v/s WO-S D.  Rootin' for the Dawgs, but mainly just rooting for a great ballgame that lives up to the hype.
[/quote]

Good thought, but I don't believe it will make it ,15 pages is quite a bit..... you better go over to the Nederland/Vidor thread..lol

[quote name="speveto" post="1274099" timestamp="1347889327"]
3-0,  Jasper is obviously a very good team. I just hope you Jasper fans show up for the game and dont "HIGH-TAIL" it  in the 3rd quarter like PNG did to their team. I expect to see only "PARENTS" on the Jasper side. I hope you people will prove me wrong and show up and enjoy a very good game and enjoy your "SAD" 75 mile trip back to Jasper. (thats 150 miles round trip)
[/quote]

I was impressed with the jasper fans sitting through the rain last friday against kville when the game was out of reach....We will fire up the bbq pit in the 3rd quarter for your crow.. ;D

Jasper will be lucky if they score. I expect a defensive struggle, WOS has proven they can stop teams from scoring. And Jasper has done what they should do to teams that aren't on their level, which is blow them out. But Jasper is playing a different animal this week in the Mustangs. I predict a low scoring game, their will not be more then 14 points scored by Jasper and maybe either team..

Score WOS 14 Jasper 3

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1274266" timestamp="1347900166"]
Jasper will be lucky if they score. I expect a defensive struggle,[color=red] WOS has proven they can stop [/color] [color=red]teams from scoring.[/color] And Jasper has done what they should do to teams that aren't on their level, which is blow them out. But Jasper is playing a different animal this week in the Mustangs. I predict a low scoring game, their will not be more then 14 points scored by Jasper and maybe either team..

Score WOS 14 Jasper 3
[/quote]

WO-S has proven they can stop teams from scoring with less than a real good offense and that is all.This defense will give up points to a good offense but this offense will have to get better than they have been (IN THE RED ZONE ) than they have been.
I also think it could be low scoring.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1274331" timestamp="1347903737"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=103208.msg1274266#msg1274266 date=1347900166]
Jasper will be lucky if they score. I expect a defensive struggle,[color=red] WOS has proven they can stop [/color] [color=red]teams from scoring.[/color] And Jasper has done what they should do to teams that aren't on their level, which is blow them out. But Jasper is playing a different animal this week in the Mustangs. I predict a low scoring game, their will not be more then 14 points scored by Jasper and maybe either team..

Score WOS 14 Jasper 3
[/quote]

WO-S has proven they can stop teams from scoring with less than a real good offense and that is all.This defense will give up points to a good offense but this offense will have to get better than they have been (IN THE RED ZONE ) than they have been.
I also think it could be low scoring.
[/quote]
Well said!  I think your evaluation is right on.  This is a great opportunity for both teams to learn what they will need to work on in district.  You really don't learn much from blow-outs.  There will always eventually be a team that will have the size and speed to present a stronger challenge.  This game promises to be that "stronger challenge" for both teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder