Who should be #1 in our Big-School poll now?

This is probably the deepest group of teams that I can remember in SETX in a long time.  We have at least 6 Big school teams that can go 4+ rounds in the playoffs and make a run at a State Title.  Memorial, Nederland, Vidor, Dayton, WOS, and Coldspring are all legit teams that will make some noise in the playoffs.  It makes our jobs as pollsters alot more difficult, because I think all of these teams could beat each other on any given Friday night. 

I think I'm going to draw straws for the Top 6 in my poll.  ;D

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1272502" timestamp="1347727716"]
This is probably the deepest group of teams that I can remember in SETX in a long time.  We have at least 6 Big school teams that can go 4+ rounds in the playoffs and make a run at a State Title.  Memorial, Nederland, Vidor, Dayton, WOS, and Coldspring are all legit teams that will make some noise in the playoffs.  It makes our jobs as pollsters alot more difficult, because I think all of these teams could beat each other on any given Friday night. 

I think I'm going to draw straws for the Top 6 in my poll.  ;D
[/quote]

I don't know a whole lot about Summer Creek, but you may be able to throw them in this discussion also. 

lets not throw summer creek into it. if that's the case throw northshore and the rest of 21-5a. i see lp got in on this by begging...becareful what u ask for lol. point being, they are not from the area.

now imo
PAM
WOS
vidor
ned
it falls off after that. cant give wos #1. why?? they didnt play very well and didn't score till late in the game and only put up 14 against central. central put together one drive against pam for a td. the others came on a scoop fumble and after 2-3 third down penalties the got the other one. compare the box score of pam vs central to wos vs central=PAM #1,wos #2.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1272107" timestamp="1347688338"]
[quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=103186.msg1272098#msg1272098 date=1347688038]
If I had a vote, it'd go to either WOS or PAM.
[/quote]

Of course you would expect this from a nederville fan...keep barking chihuahuas....
[/quote]

Lol, I don't have disrespect for Vidor. I just say that cause of the caliber of Vidor's opponents thus far

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1272834" timestamp="1347742936"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=103186.msg1272107#msg1272107 date=1347688338]
[quote author=BigRed42 link=topic=103186.msg1272098#msg1272098 date=1347688038]
If I had a vote, it'd go to either WOS or PAM.
[/quote]

Of course you would expect this from a nederville fan...keep barking chihuahuas....
[/quote]

Lol, I don't have disrespect for Vidor. I just say that cause of the caliber of Vidor's opponents thus far
[/quote]
Caliber of Vidor's opponents? Really? Everyone said the same thing about Clear Brook.

Vidor meets a real team this week and get destroyed by 21+

Now yall are saying, after we beat Clear Brook, that Clear Brook was a cake walk team and so on and so forth. What yall gonna say when we beat Nederland?

Smh.....  ::)

1 PAM
2 Vidor
3 Dayton
4 WOS
5 Coldspring

This is What I got.  I only give the nod WOS above my Trojans because they have took care of business.  I think that if we don't lose to Navasota in week 1 we are the top team, but we did not.  SETX is loaded this year it is very difficult for the pollsters and then to try and rank across three classifications makes it even that much more difficult. 

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1273198" timestamp="1347759513"]
1 PAM
2 Vidor
3 Dayton
4 WOS
5 Coldspring

This is What I got.  I only give the nod WOS above my Trojans because they have took care of business.  I think that if we don't lose to Navasota in week 1 we are the top team, but we did not.  SETX is loaded this year it is very difficult for the pollsters and then to try and rank across three classifications makes it even that much more difficult.
[/quote]
Ditto

A credible ranking of who really are the best teams, meaning if these teams actually played each other and who would win, the rankings are pretty clear already after three weeks of play. Four teams stand out among all others, and this opinion is based on what coaches say who have scouted games and watched film.
PA Titans are the best team in the Triangle. No one in our area can beat them. Size, speed, and depth. That puts them over the top.
WO-S Mustangs. The only team who has the speed to match the Titans and stay on the field with them. The Titans size and depth would allow them to overpower the Mustangs and that is understandable.
Nederland. On any given Friday they could beat WO-S and they proved what they have by taking the #3 ranked team to the limit. They do not have the speed, size and depth to hang with Port Arthur.
Vidor. On any given Friday they can beat Nederland and might do it next week. They run an offense fitted towards the talent they have at their school. Coach Matthews is one of the top 5 coaches in the Triangle and is building a consistent winner. Like Nederalnd, speed, size, and depth would not allow them to beat Port Arthur, and I think WO-S speed would cause them problems even though they to could take the Mustangs out on any given Friday.

These four are clearly the best, but Port Arthur is clearly the best among the four for this season.

[quote name="Roger Korby" post="1273404" timestamp="1347767878"]
A credible ranking of who really are the best teams, meaning if these teams actually played each other and who would win, the rankings are pretty clear already after three weeks of play. Four teams stand out among all others, and this opinion is based on what coaches say who have scouted games and watched film.
PA Titans are the best team in the Triangle. No one in our area can beat them. Size, speed, and depth. That puts them over the top.
WO-S Mustangs. The only team who has the speed to match the Titans and stay on the field with them. The Titans size and depth would allow them to overpower the Mustangs and that is understandable.
Nederland. On any given Friday they could beat WO-S and they proved what they have by taking the #3 ranked team to the limit. They do not have the speed, size and depth to hang with Port Arthur.
Vidor. On any given Friday they can beat Nederland and might do it next week. They run an offense fitted towards the talent they have at their school. Coach Matthews is one of the top 5 coaches in the Triangle and is building a consistent winner. Like Nederalnd, speed, size, and depth would not allow them to beat Port Arthur, and I think WO-S speed would cause them problems even though they to could take the Mustangs out on any given Friday.

These four are clearly the best, but Port Arthur is clearly the best among the four for this season.
[/quote]

#1 Port Arthur is probably the best team, have not seen them and know very little about them other than what they did last year.  The size of their school and last year lead me to believe they would beat most teams in the area.
#2 Never count Dayton out.  They are a perenial power house.
#3 Which coaches are scouting all of these teams?  They are all in different districts and different divisions, and unless they are playing each other, the coaches could care less about watching these teams.
#4 WO-S may be the better team this year, but until they beat the Coldspring Trojans, putting them #2 I disagree with.
#5 There is nothing clear ever about who will win when two High School Football teams play.  Anything can happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder