Baytown Sterling - the Streak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I have been asking.
Maybe North Shore has finally widened their recruiting net enough to snag some Baytown kids?

Lee has five or six pretty athletic kids on their freshman team, and they should have been up 28-0 on Sterling at half if not for the Sterling teachers also doubling as the officials and calling back three touchdowns.  Sterling somehow came back and beat them in the second half, but I left at half.  Lee has a pretty decent amount of talent on this freshman team.  Nothing like the Lee teams of ten years ago mind you, but they were a lot more athletic than the Sterling kids, plus the best player for Lee did not play in that game.  He seemingly had a messed up ankle.  You could tell he was their best player by looking at him during warmups.  He was their qb.

[quote name="joebob" post="1294563" timestamp="1349704874"]
Will the streak end vs Channelview or will RSS be looking at 2013 for a win?
[/quote]I've said Sterling in this game, this year, since before the season started. I'm sticking to it. Might be a nail-biter though.

A total of 10 varsity defensive players and 15 varsity offensive players showed for practice.  One can not like the offensive or defensive scheme all they want but with this type of dedication to the program it will stay in the gutter.  Some of these talented players have failed to grow up and understand that hard work and dedication beats talent that doesnt work hard and is only dedicated on game day.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="ThirdDay" post="1295447" timestamp="1349796999"]
No, that is all that showed up for practice Monday. I guess the others felt practice was overrated.  Hopefully the coaches stick to their guns and suspend the players.
[/quote]

I agree. I'll thake the ones that want to be there and let the chips fall where they may.

I have said on other threads.....it is sad to watch both longtime Baytown schools struggle to the degree they have. I am a Lee grad but both REL and RSS had really quality programs for the longest. I do not know all the factors as to why and how this has happened. Good athletes not even playing football, all the redistricting and new school added....I do not know. I do know I was in a group of people and coaches were in the group and I heard the following statement when someone asked how they (the coaches) were doing through this current streak......the response floored me........I have ?? months until I retire (I cannot recall the number). I hope the kids not showing up is reflective of leadership.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1296316" timestamp="1349889791"]
whats the good word today? did RSS forfeit yet?
[/quote]

Never happen. We will show up with who we got.
I'd rather lose with winners, than win with losers.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1296316" timestamp="1349889791"]
whats the good word today? did RSS forfeit yet?
[/quote]

Why do you always feel obligated to kick programs that are down.  Coach Addudell is a great man and coach ( took clear lake the state semis just a few years ago). It's not the coaches, there have been several unsuccessful coaching staffs at Sterling over the last few years.  The players not the system are at fault.  Just like society, too many unwilling to work hard for what they want.  It's the Obama effect!

[quote name="1ExtremeRightWing" post="1297410" timestamp="1350003769"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103039.msg1296316#msg1296316 date=1349889791]
whats the good word today? [b]did RSS forfeit yet?[/b]
[/quote]

[b]Why do you always feel obligated to kick programs that are down[/b].  Coach Addudell is a great man and coach ( took clear lake the state semis just a few years ago). It's not the coaches, there have been several unsuccessful coaching staffs at Sterling over the last few years.  The players not the system are at fault.  Just like society, too many unwilling to work hard for what they want.  It's the Obama effect!
[/quote] Oh, you must be a player. First off it was a [b]valid question [/b] seeing as someone from your town posted about the [b]lack of players in practice [/b] thus not being able to play Friday [b]per your coach[/b]. Secondly, you might wanna read the thread correctly first, just a thought. I see you're a newbie, welcome aboard.  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa