Trouble at the Reservation

phunter308

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="915994" post="1269075" timestamp="1347538370"]
Peveto didn't quit but chipman did, Peveto is moving to reciever for district. Not like it matters, don't have anyone to get them the ball anyways.
[/quote]WOW reallllly a newby with one post and -8....If you are a kid MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET UNDER CENTER AND GET THE P!SS BEAT OUT OF YOU ...But if you are a adult why would  something like this come out of your pie hole...I have no dog in the fight .....Just sayin!!.I am a Bulldog but still hate seeing things like this going on with my friends from across the tracks...Faircloth will figure it out and you guys will be fine..Until MID-COUNTY MADNESS ;)

[quote name="speveto" post="1269118" timestamp="1347545570"]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=103022.msg1268621#msg1268621 date=1347482602]
The rumor mill has it that 4 PN-G players have quit the varsity football team including 2 starters tat include Logan Chipman and Peveto.  Have heard this from 3 different sources but can't independitely confirm. Logan was their top reciever for this year. He is suppose to focus on baseball. Hate to hear this and good luck to these young men.
[/quote][b]As a WOS fan, if we had anything to do with these young men  quiting, I sincerily apologize[/b]. I think that the PNG fan`s  should get some of the blame because they walked out on these kids in the third quarter.
[/quote]

Please...  don’t flatter yourself.  Go back to your dial up modem connection in Orange and focus your attention on your game Friday against Central.  ::)

[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=103022.msg1268621#msg1268621 date=1347482602]
The rumor mill has it that 4 PN-G players have quit the varsity football team including 2 starters tat include Logan Chipman and Peveto.  Have heard this from 3 different sources but can't independitely confirm. Logan was their top reciever for this year. He is suppose to focus on baseball. Hate to hear this and good luck to these young men.
[/quote]As a WOS fan, if we had anything to do with these young men  quiting, I sincerily apologize. I think that the PNG fan`s  should get some of the blame because they walked out on these kids in the third quarter.
[/quote]

Peveto, you must be mistaken because png fans NEVER leave early...your eyes must have been deceiving you...this just does not happen at the reservation

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1268795" timestamp="1347496427"]
[size=18pt][b]If you start something, you finish it.  (period)[/b][/size]

Life lesson is "don't quit."

Win or lose, keep going,
No matter how bad the coaching is or isn't, keep going,
No matter if you don't see things happening the way you think they should, keep going,
No matter if you want to quit (no matter how "bad" it is), keep going,

and in the end if you do, you will be the winner, no matter how the results played out.
[/quote]

This is the one thing that I have constantly told my kids. I also add give it your all no matter what.

Nothing says lovin' like knockin' your teams QB on your first post...'Trouble at the Reservation' indeed!

I'm just being honest. I'm not sure if you've seen the games or not and don't care. Am I suppose to think the kid can play? Go check it out then come let me know.

[/quote]As a WOS fan, if we had anything to do with these young men  quiting, I sincerily apologize. [b]I think that the PNG fan`s  should get some of the blame because they walked out on these kids in the third quarter.[/b]
[/quote]

This is nothing new it happens at EVERY HS, College and Professional football game across America.  PN-G is not the only fans that leave early.  I personally do not leave until after the final seconds click off the clock.

HEY BIG DOG,the news has reported the case with the ozen players (12newsnow.com) & so has a jefferson county grand jury which that equals public record.so my post wasnt an unsubstantiated rumor,it was the truth & the truth will set u free mr. 1st strike.lol

[quote name="kf89" post="1269170" timestamp="1347550589"]
HEY BIG DOG,the news has reported the case with the ozen players (12newsnow.com) & so has a jefferson county grand jury which that equals public record.so my post wasnt an unsubstantiated rumor,it was the truth & the truth will set u free mr. 1st strike.lol
[/quote]

Then post a link next time.  Also, these kids have not been convicted of anything, so I believe the discussion should be suspended until the court system determines if they did anything wrong.  I think the owner  and admins of this site would agree.

From a parental stand point my kids aren't ALLOWED to quit. PERIOD! I firmly believe in a such thing as COMMITMENT! No its another thing to say I'm not going to play next year, but to just quit (for whatever reason) is unacceptable. My step-son played his 7th grade year and midway through the season he started talking about quitting. I told him "if you quit then I'm going to take your phone for the rest of football season" needless to say I didn't have to take it. I said /did this because I felt/feel that if your team (that you made a commitment to, and they were/are depending on you) has to lose something, then he was going to see how they felt and lose something as well. Its not always about wining and losing, sometimes its about life lessons like manhood, character, responsibility etc.

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1269176" timestamp="1347551133"]
From a parental stand point my kids aren't ALLOWED to quit. PERIOD! I firmly believe in a such thing as COMMITMENT! No its another thing to say I'm not going to play next year, but to just quit (for whatever reason) is unacceptable. My step-son played his 7th grade year and midway through the season he started talking about quitting. I told him "if you quit then I'm going to take your phone for the rest of football season" needless to say I didn't have to take it. I said /did this because I felt/feel that if your team (that you made a commitment to, and they were/are depending on you) has to lose something, then he was going to see how they felt and lose something as well. [b]Its not always about wining and losing, sometimes its about life lessons like manhood, character, responsibility etc.[/b]
[/quote]

+1

I know exactly how it goes, I had the unfortuneate pleasure of being coached by jeff "the jet" bergeron when I was a junior. Man for a png legend, he sure was a hard one to please. He rode me like a pack mule. Don't think I was ever once told by him good job. Guess his attitude kinda rubbed off on me lol.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1269172" timestamp="1347550760"]
[quote author=kf89 link=topic=103022.msg1269170#msg1269170 date=1347550589]
[/quote]

Then post a link next time.  Also, these kids have not been convicted of anything, so I believe the discussion should be suspended until the court system determines if they did anything wrong.  I think the owner  and admins of this site would agree.
[/quote]
If it is the news you can post a link to the story correct? Judgement will be passed later but it is news

From a parental stand point my kids aren't ALLOWED to quit. PERIOD! I firmly believe in a such thing as COMMITMENT! No its another thing to say I'm not going to play next year, but to just quit (for whatever reason) is unacceptable. My step-son played his 7th grade year and midway through the season he started talking about quitting. I told him "if you quit then I'm going to take your phone for the rest of football season" needless to say I didn't have to take it. I said /did this because I felt/feel that if your team (that you made a commitment to, and they were/are depending on you) has to lose something, then he was going to see how they felt and lose something as well. Its not always about wining and losing, sometimes its about life lessons like manhood, character, responsibility etc.
[/quote]

With all the smack talking that goes back and forth on this board, it is nice to read something like this from someone raising and teaching their kids worthy life lessons.  In this day and age of me....me....me....., it's nice to see the values that I was brought up on being taught to youngsters growing up.  Bravo to you. 

From a parental stand point my kids aren't ALLOWED to quit. PERIOD! I firmly believe in a such thing as COMMITMENT! No its another thing to say I'm not going to play next year, [b]but to just quit (for whatever reason) is unacceptable.[/b] My step-son played his 7th grade year and midway through the season he started talking about quitting. I told him "if you quit then I'm going to take your phone for the rest of football season" needless to say I didn't have to take it. I said /did this because I felt/feel that if your team (that you made a commitment to, and they were/are depending on you) has to lose something, then he was going to see how they felt and lose something as well. Its not always about wining and losing, sometimes its about life lessons like manhood, character, responsibility etc.
[/quote]

Totally disagree with such a blanket statement......There are some reasons that I would say would be ok to quit.......an argument with a coach would NOT be one...........

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="1269201" timestamp="1347554116"]
[quote author=ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY) link=topic=103022.msg1269176#msg1269176 date=1347551133]
From a parental stand point my kids aren't ALLOWED to quit. PERIOD! I firmly believe in a such thing as COMMITMENT! No its another thing to say I'm not going to play next year, [b]but to just quit (for whatever reason) is unacceptable.[/b] My step-son played his 7th grade year and midway through the season he started talking about quitting. I told him "if you quit then I'm going to take your phone for the rest of football season" needless to say I didn't have to take it. I said /did this because I felt/feel that if your team (that you made a commitment to, and they were/are depending on you) has to lose something, then he was going to see how they felt and lose something as well. Its not always about wining and losing, sometimes its about life lessons like manhood, character, responsibility etc.
[/quote]

Totally disagree with such a blanket statement......There are some reasons that I would say would be ok to quit.......[u][b]an argument with a coach would NOT be one[/b][/u]...........
[/quote]

I agree with you. I didn't type any but here's a few...

Unacceptable:
1) argument with the coach (how does a adult and a child ARGUE?)
2) focus on another sport. (IMO, you don't put all your eggs in one basket)

Acceptable:
1) trying to help at home
2) bad news health wise (ie family member, or the player)