Trouble at the Reservation

phunter308

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1269216" timestamp="1347555175"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=103022.msg1269201#msg1269201 date=1347554116]
[quote author=ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY) link=topic=103022.msg1269176#msg1269176 date=1347551133]
From a parental stand point my kids aren't ALLOWED to quit. PERIOD! I firmly believe in a such thing as COMMITMENT! No its another thing to say I'm not going to play next year, [b]but to just quit (for whatever reason) is unacceptable.[/b] My step-son played his 7th grade year and midway through the season he started talking about quitting. I told him "if you quit then I'm going to take your phone for the rest of football season" needless to say I didn't have to take it. I said /did this because I felt/feel that if your team (that you made a commitment to, and they were/are depending on you) has to lose something, then he was going to see how they felt and lose something as well. Its not always about wining and losing, sometimes its about life lessons like manhood, character, responsibility etc.
[/quote]

Totally disagree with such a blanket statement......There are some reasons that I would say would be ok to quit.......[u][b]an argument with a coach would NOT be one[/b][/u]...........
[/quote]

I agree with you. I didn't type any but here's a few...

Unacceptable:
1) argument with the coach (how does a adult and a child ARGUE?)
2) focus on another sport. (IMO, you don't put all your eggs in one basket)

Acceptable:
1) trying to help at home
2) bad news health wise (ie family member, or the player)
[/quote]

Agree......or if grades fall and he can't get them up....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1269186" timestamp="1347552353"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=103022.msg1269172#msg1269172 date=1347550760]
[quote author=kf89 link=topic=103022.msg1269170#msg1269170 date=1347550589]
HEY BIG DOG,the news has reported the case with the ozen players (12newsnow.com) & so has a jefferson county grand jury which that equals public record.so my post wasnt an unsubstantiated rumor,it was the truth & the truth will set u free mr. 1st strike.lol
[/quote]

Then post a link next time.  Also, these kids have not been convicted of anything, so I believe the discussion should be suspended until the court system determines if they did anything wrong.  I think the owner  and admins of this site would agree.
[/quote]
If it is the news you can post a link to the story correct? Judgement will be passed later but it is news
[/quote]

He surfs the forum looking to sping on his prey.  Probably one fo those, "I am now a police officer to get respect" kind of guys......not to mention he barks in public, I mean it's pretty much down-hill form that point anyway.  ;D ;D

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1269169" timestamp="1347550574"]
[quote author=speveto link=topic=103022.msg1269118#msg1269118 date=1347545570]
[quote author=phunter308 link=topic=103022.msg1268621#msg1268621 date=1347482602]
The rumor mill has it that 4 PN-G players have quit the varsity football team including 2 starters tat include Logan Chipman and Peveto.  Have heard this from 3 different sources but can't independitely confirm. Logan was their top reciever for this year. He is suppose to focus on baseball. Hate to hear this and good luck to these young men.
[/quote]As a WOS fan, if we had anything to do with these young men  quiting, I sincerily apologize. [b]I think that the PNG fan`s  should get some of the blame because they walked out on these kids in the third quarter.[/b]
[/quote]

This is nothing new it happens at EVERY HS, College and Professional football game across America.  PN-G is not the only fans that leave early.  [b]I personally do not leave until after the final seconds click off the clock.[/b][/quote]

I agree with you, it does happen at all schools but we stay until the end.  I remember last year when we were playing Angleton in the playoffs and at halftime Angleton was only winning by a small margin.  By the end of the 3rd, it had turned into a very large lead for Angleton.  A lot of fans started leaving during the 3rd and by the middle of the 4th our side became very small. 

I say all that to say this, the BE did an article right before this season kicked off and they spoke to one player from each team.  There was a little Q & A that the BE report did.  The Vidor player was asked something along the lines of, what was your worst moment/memory of last years season?  The players response was, "Looking into the stands during the Angleton game and a lot of our fans were leaving, even our fans had given up." 

Each Friday, we leave when the buzzer sounds at the end of the 4th.  :)

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1269260" timestamp="1347559054"]
I totally understand not everyone can stay to the end for whatever reason.  It actually isn't any of my concern really.  I just know for me and my family we stay until the end weather they win or lose.
[/quote]

I know that, I didn't mean anything by it, I was simply stating that it takes a toll on the kids when they turn around and the fans are leaving.  That is all.

I stay until Cherokee plays and the players head into the field house..or if we win..they stand in front of the stands and pump their helmets in the air. But you know the parking situation at the Reservation..its a traffic jam...so I can understand someone who has to be at work early or with small kids, wanting to beat the traffic. My family sleeps late on Saturdays...we got all night. ;D

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1269262" timestamp="1347559218"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=103022.msg1269260#msg1269260 date=1347559054]
I totally understand not everyone can stay to the end for whatever reason.  It actually isn't any of my concern really.  I just know for me and my family we stay until the end weather they win or lose.
[/quote]

I know that, I didn't mean anything by it, I was simply stating that it takes a toll on the kids when they turn around and the fans are leaving.  That is all.
[/quote]

My post wasn't toward you I had just been thinking about this thread since earlier.  How people always complain when their fans leave and then others say the kids don't care.  When in reality some of them do care. 

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1269279" timestamp="1347560154"]
This thread needs to go! No more trouble at the reservation then at other schools. Let's let kids be kids and let's all agree to disagree and move on. If its not YOUR kid why on earth does it matter why they quit! 
[/quote]

:'(

[quote name="wish u knew! Don't YA!" post="1269279" timestamp="1347560154"]
This thread needs to go! No more trouble at the reservation then at other schools. Let's let kids be kids and let's all agree to disagree and move on. If its not YOUR kid why on earth does it matter why they quit!
[/quote]
Paraphrase......It is ok to talk about other schools in this manner but not PNG

i got a 1st strike warning message to not post about nameless ozen players that got indicted for serious\felony crimes & this several page topic is full of negative RUMORS,kids & coaches names. bigdog where u at to stop all of this?? help me understand your rules man! ;D   

I posted a warning to the whole board after I warned you.

[quote] Ok, this thread is already out of hand.  Until something has become public, I.E. reported on by the news, do not post unsubstantiated rumors about students from any school!! [/quote]