Trouble at the Reservation

phunter308

The rumor mill has it that 4 PN-G players have quit the varsity football team including 2 starters tat include Logan Chipman and Peveto.  Have heard this from 3 different sources but can't independitely confirm. Logan was their top reciever for this year. He is suppose to focus on baseball. Hate to hear this and good luck to these young men.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="phunter308" post="1268621" timestamp="1347482602"]
The rumor mill has it that 4 PN-G players have quit the varsity football team including 2 starters tat include Logan Chipman and Peveto.  Have heard this from 3 different sources but can't independitely confirm. Logan was their top reciever for this year. He is suppose to focus on baseball. Hate to hear this and good luck to these young men.
[/quote]
:o

hate to hear news like this. but, it is what it is. good luck to all.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1268701" timestamp="1347487111"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=103022.msg1268695#msg1268695 date=1347486899]
I can confirm that 3 players are no longer on the team
[/quote]

I read where one of the players quit to concentrate on baseball.

I just have to question that if this is the case, why even start playing football this year?
[/quote]
possibly parental influence? seen it happen before.

[quote name="coach pops" post="1268721" timestamp="1347489485"]
These things happen. What doesn't kill you makes you better. Turn it into a positive and rally around those still there.
[/quote]
i agree. and because of situations like this, to me it makes PN-G more of a threat than previously predicted. they are litterally playing with nothing to lose and that makes em scary. jmo.

If you start something, you finish it.  (period)

Life lesson is "don't quit."

Win or lose, keep going,
No matter how bad the coaching is or isn't, keep going,
No matter if you don't see things happening the way you think they should, keep going,
No matter if you want to quit (no matter how "bad" it is), keep going,

and in the end if you do, you will be the winner, no matter how the results played out.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1268795" timestamp="1347496427"]

Win or lose, keep going,
No matter if you don't see things happening the way you think they should, keep going,

and in the end if you do, you will be the winner, no matter how the results played out.
[/quote]
i agree. this is what i have taught my kids. but the question you have to ask, what influenced the descision? there is always more to the story than what we know.

Win or lose, keep going,

[/quote]Agree completely you dont have to play next year but you do not quit this year!

Guest ECBucFan

Win or lose, keep going,

[/quote]

Amen, amen, and AMEN. That is some of the best advice you can give to your son / daughter in high school sports, as well as life in general.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1268837" timestamp="1347499209"]
These kids need to understand there is more to the team than just I. You cannot quit everytime things get tough. If I had gotten pissed at a coach and ran my mouth and quit you can bet there would've been a price to pay when I got home.
[/quote]
does anyone know why he quit?

reason I ask, Vidor had a kid quit after the wos scrimmage that was a potential starter. been playing ball since pee wees. was a senoir. he quit to go to work to help out at home. the kid is working two part time jobs after school. not saying this is the case here, but don't knock a kid for quittting if you don't know the situation behind it. and as a parent with a kid playing, we would discuss it, but ultimately it would be his descision, one that he would have to live with and i would support him no matter what.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1268701" timestamp="1347487111"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=103022.msg1268695#msg1268695 date=1347486899]
I can confirm that 3 players are no longer on the team
[/quote]

I read where one of the players quit to concentrate on baseball.

I just have to question that if this is the case, why even start playing football this year?
[/quote]
My point exactly

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1268842" timestamp="1347499701"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=103022.msg1268837#msg1268837 date=1347499209]
These kids need to understand there is more to the team than just I. You cannot quit everytime things get tough. If I had gotten pissed at a coach and ran my mouth and quit you can bet there would've been a price to pay when I got home.
[/quote]

reason I ask, Vidor had a kid quit after the wos scrimmage that was a potential starter. been playing ball since pee wees. was a senoir. he quit to go to work to help out at home. the kid is working two part time jobs after school. not saying this is the case here, but don't knock a kid for quittting if you don't know the situation behind it. and as a parent with a kid playing, we would discuss it, but ultimately it would be his descision, one that he would have to live with and i would support him no matter what.
[/quote]

Just say a disagreement with the coach and there is no I in team.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1268864" timestamp="1347501344"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=103022.msg1268842#msg1268842 date=1347499701]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
then that is a little different. sounds like attitude which imo is unacceptable.

don't misunderstand my previous statement though. just pointing out that sometimes kids give it up due to certain circumstances beyond their control and until now it was only stated that the kid quit and the reason why had not been revealed.

if he really quit due to a disagreement with the coach, then life is really gonna be hard for him.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1268873" timestamp="1347502334"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=103022.msg1268864#msg1268864 date=1347501344]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=103022.msg1268842#msg1268842 date=1347499701]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
then that is a little different. sounds like attitude which imo is unacceptable.

don't misunderstand my previous statement though. just pointing out that sometimes kids give it up due to certain circumstances beyond their control and until now it was only stated that the kid quit and the reason why had not been revealed.

if he really quit due to a disagreement with the coach, then life is really gonna be hard for him.
[/quote] Well, if thats really is the reason then he'll regret it in the long run. What if PN-G makes the playoffs? Heck what if they get in the playoffs and make a long run somehow?  :o