Barbers Hill at Crosby Predictions

WOSgrad

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went and checked the stats on Crosby/GCM Vs. Lumberton :) Crosby amassed 159 yards on Ned while GCM out gained Ned with a 311 yard effort. So GCM doubled the offense that Crosby put out ;D The game before GCM could only put up 277 yards on Lumberton ;D I tell you the more I dig into these stats I think Crosby Fans are writing checkes that thier team can't cash ;)

Stir Stir 8)

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1268139" timestamp="1347420931"]
[quote author=WordMan2 link=topic=102802.msg1267826#msg1267826 date=1347400968]
This will be a fun game to watch no matter who you are rooting for this week.

http://www.examiner.com/article/crosby-hosts-barbers-hill
[/quote]

605 total yards versus willis.... not too shabby.
[/quote]

I don't care who the opponent is 605 yds is impressive. That being said, of the 4 teams that BH and Crosby have played this season, Nederland is the only decent team. All that ends this week we start a long district competition with 2 potential contenders. This will iron some things out early.

[color=red]19-4A District side note:[/color]
[i] If Summer Creek beats PN-G we will have to set through 2 weeks of heck. Until Crosby spanks them on the 28th.[/i]

[quote name="bronco1" post="1268199" timestamp="1347451634"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=102802.msg1268139#msg1268139 date=1347420931]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't care who the opponent is 605 yds is impressive. That being said, of the 4 teams that BH and Crosby have played this season, Nederland is the only decent team. All that ends this week we start a long district competition with 2 potential contenders. This will iron some things out early.

[i] If Summer Creek beats PN-G we will have to set through 2 weeks of heck. Until Crosby spanks them on the 28th.[/i]
[/quote]
Wanting someone else to do what you cant?

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1268210" timestamp="1347454077"]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=102802.msg1268199#msg1268199 date=1347451634]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Pssst! SC will be 7-3 at best. BH, Crosby and Dayton will beat SC, probably KP too. So, 6-4.

This game will most likely determine how these 2 teams will finish in the top 4 spots. Which will be(in no particular order)BH, Crosby, KP, and Dayton.

I know we all talk and smack is smack......but SC is playing some pretty good ball right now. Should be quite an exciting district race.

I like BH but I worry about our athleticism when we are spread out and made to play in space. Crosby and Ozen took advantage of that last year. I do not think we got any faster this year.

[quote name="bronco1" post="1268213" timestamp="1347455058"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=102802.msg1268210#msg1268210 date=1347454077]
[quote author=bronco1 link=topic=102802.msg1268199#msg1268199 date=1347451634]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Pssst! SC will be 7-3 at best. BH, Crosby and Dayton will beat SC, probably KP too. So, 6-4.

This game will most likely determine how these 2 teams will finish in the top 4 spots. Which will be(in no particular order)BH, Crosby, KP, and Dayton.
[/quote]
Wouldn't put the farm on that if I were you.

Bh is a grind it out, get 3 yards at a pop offense. Although here lately we are seeing the option read very well by the MVP and seeing them bust it for long TD runs. The fullback is a beast that doesnt go down easy and if both the starting tailbacks are healthy, they have speed for days. Offense is stout.
Defense has not been tested with speed. Yes, I was at the game last year and yes the Walter connection is an awesome sight. I am just as curious as everyone else to see what happens here. I am betting that the coaches have watched and learned and have a plan for this one. Will the game plan work all night? No, Crosby will bust one here and there. BH will control the ball and the clock.

BH-35
Crosby-24

I can see this game coming down to the last minute of the game with one of these teams winning on the final drive. Both teams better play mistake free though because one fumble or INT could cost you this game. Can't wait to see a good game and finially see what these Eagles are capable of.

[i] If Summer Creek beats PN-G we will have to set through 2 weeks of heck. Until Crosby spanks them on the 28th.[/i]605 total yards versus willis.... not too shabby.[/quote]

We played the #5 team in the state relatively tight. They jumped on us with a quick touchdown and we had two consecutive punts that went less than 15 yards, both of which Nederland turned into touchdowns. They scored the 3rd td as the second quarter started. After we scored we had a fumble while on a drive that could of turned the whole complexity of the game. We pretty much won the last three quarters. A loss is a loss though and we deserved to lose. That was the first game with 6 or 7 new starters in a new offense. Very physical game, Crosby won't see another team that good or physical until the dance if they get there. Barbers Hill doesn't have those kind of players. The offensive numbers could have been sick, but there was no reason to run the score up. Turnovers are the only chance The Mound has. If we don't, they won't. Last six years against the Barbies total score of 155-128, Crosby 4-2. History doesn't necessarily say so, but I'm telling you, Crosby could blow this one open.

How many of yall pick BH to win, in the process of elimination game on the other thread? You know where you can only pick from 19 or 20 4A.. Bet there gonna be ALOT of losers over there if Crosby wins.. IJS... Got til Friday to change your mind  ;D

Big fan67.
No the starting safety this year is Towery and he is fine. Everyone in BH was praying that Dutton would be able to play but his ACL isn't ok. That's all I will say on that.
Drew Coxie can't play because of bone spurs in his neck. Both of those kids are D1 players. All we can think is that God has a plan.
I am looking forward to a great game and again pray that all the kids leave ok and neither side loses anyone.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1268751" timestamp="1347491717"]

[i] If Summer Creek beats PN-G we will have to set through 2 weeks of heck. Until Crosby spanks them on the 28th.[/i]605 total yards versus willis.... not too shabby.[/quote]

We played the #5 team in the state relatively tight. They jumped on us with a quick touchdown and we had two consecutive punts that went less than 15 yards, both of which Nederland turned into touchdowns. They scored the 3rd td as the second quarter started. After we scored we had a fumble while on a drive that could of turned the whole complexity of the game. We pretty much won the last three quarters. A loss is a loss though and we deserved to lose. That was the first game with 6 or 7 new starters in a new offense. Very physical game, Crosby won't see another team that good or physical until the dance if they get there. Barbers Hill doesn't have those kind of players. The offensive numbers could have been sick, but there was no reason to run the score up. Turnovers are the only chance The Mound has. If we don't, they won't. Last six years against the Barbies total score of 155-128, Crosby 4-2. History doesn't necessarily say so, but I'm telling you, Crosby could blow this one open.
[/quote]

I wouldn't put any stock in Ned being the #5 team in the state. They are a good team , but doubt they are anywhere near #5. BH could have hung 100 points on lumbertion if the 1st team wasn't called off 4 minutes before the 1st half. BH has plenty of Offensive power and you will get a taste of the Friday. History is ok ,but unless those players are on the field Friday it mean nothing. Hope for a good game bring your "A" game because if you fumble or kick 15 yard punts on us you will see the same result as Ned gave ya ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline