#5 Nederland @ #3 Angleton Predictions

Who wins?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • Angleton

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="1270477" timestamp="1347655088"]
I keep hearing how good this Angleton offense is. How many points they can put up in such a short amount of time and this and that. And they keep talking about how Nederland hasn't played against a quality opponent. [i][u][/u][/i][b]Well Crosby isn't a scrub of a team[/b]. And goose creek, well, they could be better. But this Nederland Defense is the best defense in the state. That's just my opinion. We average 260-270+ on the defensive line, our linebackers are very solid hard-hitting kids, and with our defensive line getting in the backfield every play, you know our corners and safeties will be slobbering at the mouth for a QB mistake. Now there is no doubt in my mid that Angleton is a STUD...A STUD of a team....BUT they have not faced a defense like this one in Nederland. And should I mention an offense with a running back who can bust a 50 yarder at anytime, and a Qb who has four, count 'em, four studs at wide out who have speed and great hands. This game is going to be hard hitting, nasty, and outright rough. Gonna be tied in the fourth and Nederland will pull away winning by 2 scores. I will say Nederland 31- Angleton 21. Go Dogs! Clear eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose!
[/quote]

I wouldn't go that far... ;D

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=purple]Before anyone jumps the gun on me. I'm basing this off of what I know and have seen from this Angleton team.

Everybody has talked about the 'Cats speed but imo this team is not as fast compared to the past 4 Angleton teams who all had great team speed. But this is probably one of the best offensives since 08 (41-11 record). Angleton has had good receivers in years past but they have 2 great receivers this year who are both 6"2' 200+lbs with great hands and speed, who have had no problem getting separation from the secondary so far this year.

Defensive wise they are very solid. They are real good against the pass with a solid run defense. Nederland is going get their yards on the ground I can promise that but this team does a good job of making stops on short 3rd down opportunities.

I see this game being close till about halfway through the 3rd when Angleton gets a hold of the game. Coach Roark and his staff do an excellent job of making halftime adjustments. I wish I could make this game but can't due to being in the hospital due to the birth of my 3rd child.

Angleton 31
Nederland 21[/color]

[quote name="bigdog" post="1270558" timestamp="1347658376"]
Congrats on the new kiddo!!  I guess we will have to see if our defense is up to the task.  Some Dayton fans seem to think they aren't . ::)
[/quote]its not your defense im worried about. I think ned will have a hard timr scoring points. Look I hope im wrong and yall handle them it would make me more confident about our chances against them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder