Katy Pope John XXlll @ Brenham: Predicions

This is just what we need after the horrible performance our offense showed Friday.  With so many sophs & juniors starting and losing mainly because of turnovers, in our first game of the season that has been dedicated to JD.  Will this be a major upset, or will Brenham get back to being Brenham before district starts next week with Magnolia West.  IMO, this is a much needed tune up game, where our young players get much needed reps & experience.  Usually I prefer a tough non-district schedule, but with all we lost & the unfortunate situation we have been placed in, this is just what we need, especially after having our regular season 20 game winning streak snapped.  My guess is we open up the play book and see what will & won't work in district.

Brenham                38
Katy Pope John XXlll 0

Y'all will be fine. I think your team was still a little chocked up over what happened to Justin Davis. Brenham will get things back together this week and y'all will be a power when district rolls around.

Hope everything goes well for Davis. He's certainly still in my prayers.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1259320" timestamp="1346657105"]
Y'all will be fine. I think your team was still a little chocked up over what happened to Justin Davis. Brenham will get things back together this week and y'all will be a power when district rolls around.

Hope everything goes well for Davis. He's certainly still in my prayers.
[/quote]

I sure hope you're right.  Thanks for keeping JD in your prayers.  He's a really good kid and his family is very thankful for all of the support and prayers.

I have noticed a few crickets have started chirping already, about how we are always overrated.  The funny thing is, I didn't hear them when we're dominating over the past few years.  All of a sudden we're off to a rare slow start and dealing with an issue that most teams are fortunate enough to avoid, so now a few people wanna take shots at us.  It's only a matter of time before we get things together, so I hope they are enjoying this while they can.

[quote name="87Cub" post="1259378" timestamp="1346682720"]
This was supposed to be Brenham vs. Bay City, but for some reason Bay City backed out and left Brenham scrambling for a tenth game.  Pope John called Coach West about playing the next two years with both games being in Brenham.  Brenham should win big.
[/quote]

Really big!!!!!

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1259381" timestamp="1346683630"]
[quote author=87Cub link=topic=102495.msg1259378#msg1259378 date=1346682720]
This was supposed to be Brenham vs. Bay City, but for some reason Bay City backed out and left Brenham scrambling for a tenth game.  Pope John called Coach West about playing the next two years with both games being in Brenham.  Brenham should win big.
[/quote]

Really big!!!!!
[/quote]
Lets hope....

[quote name="87Cub" post="1259378" timestamp="1346682720"]
[/quote]

Good, because Brenham playing at Pope John XXIII would be like them scheduling a game at Hohlt Park.

[quote name="ccswarrior" post="1259917" timestamp="1346724295"]
Brenham by what ever they want. This could look like okst vs savanna state. I know alot of the Pope John coaches and they are hoping just to get out of this game injury free. Could help getting brenham on that roll they need
[/quote]

I agree.  This could be just what the doctor ordered.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1259713" timestamp="1346709549"]
[/quote]

Good, because Brenham playing at Pope John XXIII would be like them scheduling a game at Hohlt Park.
[/quote]

I thought this was being played in Katy??  It would be nice, right down the street from my work ,I could catch a Cubs game.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1260412" timestamp="1346789576"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=102495.msg1259713#msg1259713 date=1346709549]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought this was being played in Katy??  It would be nice, right down the street from my work ,I could catch a Cubs game.
[/quote]

Now bigdog.  You have seen Pope John XXIII's football stadium.  Your family and mine MIGHT fit in the home stands.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa