VIDOR @ BRIDGE CITY Predictions

dustoff03

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1261894" timestamp="1346946629"]
[quote author=XDOG link=topic=102442.msg1261805#msg1261805 date=1346940801]
[quote author=PNG Fan link=topic=102442.msg1261778#msg1261778 date=1346937690]
Another weak preseason opponent for Vidor, the real test will be next week against Clear Brook.
[/quote]
I bet WOS is saying the same about yall :o
[/quote]

At least we're not afraid to play competition during non-district. But then again Vidor is used to playing Private 1A schools.
[/quote]

Silsbee is not a good team . PNG is in trouble

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1261778" timestamp="1346937690"]
Another weak preseason opponent for Vidor, the real test will be next week against Clear Brook.
[/quote]

Lets see: last year perennial state power Texarkana Texas High was a "weak preseason opponent" for the Pirates and BC was "a good test". Now, though we play a series with BC (Jeff Mathews is from there), BC is part of the "weak preseason opponents" we play. I see PNG has scheduled some powerhouses this year. Get real. You'll get to test us out Oct. 26th in the Boneyard for our homecoming. But wait, we might get accused of playing a "weak regular season opponent."[move][size=36pt][b] GET SOME!!![/b][/size][/move]

[quote name="robanadana" post="1261927" timestamp="1346949606"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=102442.msg1261778#msg1261778 date=1346937690]
[/quote]

Lets see: last year perennial state power Texarkana Texas High was a "weak preseason opponent" for the Pirates and BC was "a good test". Now, though we play a series with BC (Jeff Mathews is from there), BC is part of the "weak preseason opponents" we play. I see PNG has scheduled some powerhouses this year. Get real. You'll get to test us out Oct. 26th in the Boneyard for our homecoming. But wait, we might get accused of playing a "weak regular season opponent."[move][size=36pt][b] GET SOME!!![/b][/size][/move]
[/quote]

yeah, that "perennial state power"  went 6-5 and went out in the first round of the playoffs last year. ::)  LOL.

Vidor's preseason schedule is simply not as strong as the Jefferson County 4A schools.  I am a huge Pirate Fan, but our non-district schedule has be historically weak. 

Some of stems from our Losing Tradition and I think a practice of trying to schedule some "winable" non-district foes. 

But of late, some of comes from an inability to get opponents who will play us.  I am not trying to be a martyr here.  I just think schools have traditional opponents and even when those match-ups change through the years, other programs do not have much of an incentive to schedule  Vidor.  Historically, it was a game that you are supposed to win and there was big downside if Vidor pulls the upset.  Maybe if Vidor can build a playoff tradition, it will help motivate more schools to schedule Vidor in the future (but to be fair, going to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons is simply a possible start such a tradition).

A final factor that may limit Vidor's ability to schedule is it's unique offense.  It does not make sense for a team to scheme against a unique system for just 1 game.  I really do not know how much that affects coaches in there scheduling mindset.  I know it would factor in for me.

But I wish Vidor fans would not try to trash talk when people call our preseason schedule weak, because it is simply not as strong as some others. 

But none of that means that we can't win district this year.  8)  But it does make it hard to gauge just good we really are vs how weak are opponents happen to be.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1261894" timestamp="1346946629"]
[quote author=XDOG link=topic=102442.msg1261805#msg1261805 date=1346940801]
[quote author=PNG Fan link=topic=102442.msg1261778#msg1261778 date=1346937690]
[/quote]
I bet WOS is saying the same about yall :o
[/quote]

At least we're not afraid to play competition during non-district. But then again Vidor is used to playing Private 1A schools.
[/quote] for some reason PNG dosent play newton in preseason anymore  ;)

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it doesn't matter who you face in pre district, it what it is. Vidor had a goodrun last year and made some noise. They are riding a high and that is great. The realsparks are gonna fly when district starts. It doesn't matter where we play (png) at the boneyard or the reservation. The only fear I have of playing at the boneyard is yalls scoreboard may quit in the last quarter as that has happened before.lol I expect a good clean game and may the beast team win. See y'all on the 26th

[quote name="daddy23" post="1262113" timestamp="1346962427"]
Vidor's preseason schedule is simply not as strong as the Jefferson County 4A schools.  I am a huge Pirate Fan, but our non-district schedule has be historically weak. 

Some of stems from our Losing Tradition and I think a practice of trying to schedule some "winable" non-district foes. 

But of late, some of comes from an inability to get opponents who will play us.  I am not trying to be a martyr here.  I just think schools have traditional opponents and even when those match-ups change through the years, other programs do not have much of an incentive to schedule  Vidor.  Historically, it was a game that you are supposed to win and there was big downside if Vidor pulls the upset.  Maybe if Vidor can build a playoff tradition, it will help motivate more schools to schedule Vidor in the future (but to be fair, going to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons is simply a possible start such a tradition).

A final factor that may limit Vidor's ability to schedule is it's unique offense.  It does not make sense for a team to scheme against a unique system for just 1 game.  I really do not know how much that affects coaches in there scheduling mindset.  I know it would factor in for me.

But I wish Vidor fans would not try to trash talk when people call our preseason schedule weak, because it is simply not as strong as some others. 

But none of that means that we can't win district this year.  8)  But it does make it hard to gauge just good we really are vs how weak are opponents happen to be.
[/quote]

C'mon now daddy23, trash talkin' is what this board is all about. Besides, I have a lot of faith in ol' #23.

[quote name="daddy23" post="1262113" timestamp="1346962427"]

[/quote]

Good post..+1

[quote name="Blackbuc" post="1262820" timestamp="1347026926"]
It [b]might just be my head swelling[/b] but the closer it gets to kick-off time the more i think we are really going to put a woopin on BC. expect Vidor to score fast and frequent in this!!
[/quote]

Advil, Tylenol, and Aleeve along with cold compresses or ice are great ways to combat swelling.

(On a serious note good luck and safe travels to all tonite)

Rake1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder