VIDOR @ BRIDGE CITY Predictions

dustoff03

Vidor is the real deal and the Cardinals will certainly have their hands full. I don't think Vidor "pitches a shutout" in this one as many have predicted. This same Vidor squad beat a very talented BC team last year in a monsoon that played right into the Pirates hands, absolutely made the passing game an afterthought. If BC can execute their offense and not turn the ball over they can keep the score respectable, if not it could be a really really long night for BC. I look for Vidor to have long time consuming drives and really doing a number on time of possession, not the breakaway speed burners BC saw last week in Newton. Vidors depth will be a factor late in the game also. Just too much for the Cardinals to overcome.

(secretly hoping for a BC win but also being a realist)

Vidor-35
BC    -14

Rake1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1260723" timestamp="1346807285"]
Vidor is the real deal and the Cardinals will certainly have their hands full. I don't think Vidor "pitches a shutout" in this one as many have predicted. This same Vidor squad beat a very talented BC team last year in a monsoon that played right into the Pirates hands, absolutely made the passing game an afterthought. If BC can execute their offense and not turn the ball over they can keep the score respectable, if not it could be a really really long night for BC.[b] I look for Vidor to have long time consuming drives and really doing a number on time of possession[/b], not the breakaway speed burners BC saw last week in Newton. Vidors depth will be a factor late in the game also. Just too much for the Cardinals to overcome.

(secretly hoping for a BC win but also being a realist)

Vidor-35
BC    -14

Rake1
[/quote]

The misconception of Vidor only having really long, drawn out scoring drives is only a factor while playing really tough defenses. Expect Vidor to score quick and often in this one. Vidors backups will once again get playing time and Quirante will not run the ball very much.

Well let's recap so far:

"BC must see the whipping coming"

"Expect Vidor to score quick and often"

"In the immortal words of Clubber Lang, my prediction for this one is: Pain!  (for BC)"

I guess BC will just show up and wave the white flag since they obviously have no chance against "the perennial playoff powerhouse"  ::) ::) that some would lead you to believe Vidor actually has become. As I stated in my earlier post I pick Vidor to win because they are very good. But by some "miracle" if BC makes it closer than expected or heaven forbid by some act of the almighty they actually win.........

I obviously don't think BC will win but the noise coming from Vidor makes it hard not to hope for the upset.

Vidor 35
BC    14

Rake1

[quote name="XDOG" post="1261805" timestamp="1346940801"]
[quote author=PNG Fan link=topic=102442.msg1261778#msg1261778 date=1346937690]
Another weak preseason opponent for Vidor, the real test will be next week against Clear Brook.
[/quote]
I bet WOS is saying the same about yall :o
[/quote]

At least we're not afraid to play competition during non-district. But then again Vidor is used to playing Private 1A schools.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami