Beaumont Kelly at West Sabine Game Thread/West Sabine wins 60-21!

As Kelly graduate I am disappointed at the way this program is going, this is not putting the New coach down because he has nothing to do with this.  Years ago Kelly played 3 and 4a schools and beat them with no problem. My question is are the athletes not as good or what is the deal. What is West Sabine a 1a heck they might even be a 6 man for all I know. But why are they losing to these teams just wondering.

West Sabine is 1a Division 1. What classification would you be if you weren't a private school? Think you need help at running back and you need to establish more than one reciever other than Falgout (7rec., 138yds. TD, other recievers: 3rec. 19 yds.). Better shore up than run defense too. Got you for 603 yards on the ground tonight. Wish you the best of luck the rest of the season. Darling is a great looking QB in my opinion. Don't sleep on West Sabine in 1A though.....

Troutman i was just wondering what was going on at Kelly.  Losing that bad to a 1a school would be very embarrassing  back in the day.  I hope Kelly does well I was just wondering is the talent no good at Kelly anymore to play  big schools or are we not that good anymore. Honestly I cant remember us playing a little school unless it was a scrimmage

Magic you are amazing. Even in the down years with Long, when they didn't have much , they NEVER lost 60-21 period!  Much less to a 1a school. Last year all you did was criticize Kelly's offense who scored almost 42 pts a game and now you defend this. It's very clear you don't know much about football. So much for that attacking 3-4 defense.

[quote name="ball4" post="1257455" timestamp="1346473330"]
As Kelly graduate I am disappointed at the way this program is going, this is not putting the New coach down because he has nothing to do with this.  Years ago Kelly played 3 and 4a schools and beat them with no problem. My question is are the athletes not as good or what is the deal. What is West Sabine a 1a heck they might even be a 6 man for all I know. But why are they losing to these teams just wondering.
[/quote]

went to state last year....this might be the dumbest quote i've read

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1257544" timestamp="1346476054"]
West Sabine is 1a Division 1. What classification would you be if you weren't a private school? Think you need help at running back and you need to establish more than one reciever other than Falgout (7rec., 138yds. TD, other recievers: 3rec. 19 yds.). Better shore up than run defense too. Got you for 603 yards on the ground tonight. Wish you the best of luck the rest of the season. Darling is a great looking QB in my opinion. Don't sleep on West Sabine in 1A though.....
[/quote]

I think Kelly would be either a pretty big 2A or a very small 3A---probably 2A ---think enrollment is around 450ish

the cupboard is bare..all the way down thru feeder schools....

still, getting trashed by a 1A team.......

There are definitely less kids coming out to play football at St. Anne, and All Saints doesn't even have football.  More and more kids playing baseball and soccer....year around.  It is true that a ton of players graduated last year, though.    My son is a freshman and there are 115 in his class and some good athletes, and the sophomore class is strong too.  If I am not mistaken, this years senior class is very small with only like 60 or 70 kids.    Give it a couple of years and hopefully Kelly will be back strong. 

[quote name="Thegoldenboy" post="1257738" timestamp="1346506310"]
Magic you are amazing. Even in the down years with Long, when they didn't have much , they NEVER lost 60-21 period!  Much less to a 1a school. Last year all you did was criticize Kelly's offense who scored almost 42 pts a game and now you defend this. It's very clear you don't know much about football. So much for that attacking 3-4 defense.
[/quote]
It's pretty clear that your the one who doesnt know anything about football. Let's recap what they lost. 9 of 11 starters on Offense including an all state center, an all district fullback, an all state running back, another all district running back and an all state wide receiver. On defense they lost  9 of 11 starters with an all state linebacker and an all state safety and more all district players. You tell me what team could lose all of that and still be successful and throw in replacing the head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, and wide receivers coach. Yeah that's real easy to do.
Second anyone who knows anything about the team knows that the current senior and junior classes aren't very strong. There is a very strong sophomore class and a strong freshman class. So I don't understand how the cupboard is bare. St Anne's has been 9-1 the last two years. Everyone knew this was going to be a down year

In response to Kellybasketball. I love all the excuses. I hope you keep them coming for the next two years. No one ever gave Coach Long all these built in excuses. The offense is only returning a qb that threw for 2000 yards and 20 Tds. A Soph tackle who started last year and a guard who who was all district and another guard who started last year. And a tb who had two 100 yard rushing games including one in the playoffs. I thought the defensive guru would get the defense right considering he has last years DC still on staff and returns an all state DE. The staff is the same minus 3 coaches. I did see that Frank Middleton who coached there last year put up 43 points this week as the OC at kountze. Why didn't Kelly hire him instead of the defensive guru who gave up 60 against a 1a?

And I don't think anyone's expectations were a district championship or even the playoffs, but 60-21 to a 1a......  Really unexpected. All I read in the newspapers were how they were going to be consistently successful and go beyond just making it to state. And this head coach hangs his hat on his defense. It looks like some bad years ahead for Kelly.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1258224" timestamp="1346538467"]
[quote author=Thegoldenboy link=topic=102343.msg1257738#msg1257738 date=1346506310]
[/quote]
It's pretty clear that your the one who doesnt know anything about football. Let's recap what they lost. 9 of 11 starters on Offense including an all state center, an all district fullback, an all state running back, another all district running back and an all state wide receiver. On defense they lost  9 of 11 starters with an all state linebacker and an all state safety and more all district players. You tell me what team could lose all of that and still be successful and throw in replacing the head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, and wide receivers coach. Yeah that's real easy to do.
Second anyone who knows anything about the team knows that the current senior and junior classes aren't very strong. There is a very strong sophomore class and a strong freshman class. So I don't understand how the cupboard is bare. [b]St Anne's has been 9-1 the last two years. Everyone knew this was going to be a down year[/b][/quote]

...I don't think St. Anne has played a 10 game schedule in a while...just sayin'

[quote name="Thegoldenboy" post="1257738" timestamp="1346506310"]
[/quote]
If you are going to be critical at least try and get your facts straight.  First, I was very critical after the bridge city and liberty games last year regarding the play calling.  The reason that Kelly averaged 44 points per game in district is because they got more balanced.  Second, I didn't say anything about the kelly offense in this first game.  I simply pointed out the fact that almost every starter from last year is gone.  I'm surprised by the outcome, but I don't see the point to pile on what is mostly a bunch of sophomores who are starting their first game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder