Beaumont Kelly at West Sabine Game Thread/West Sabine wins 60-21!

First, West Sabine is an above average team who can right now beat several 3A's and below average 4A's. Their QB and TB will play on Saturdays next year. I expect a healthy West Sabine team to make a deep run in the playoffs if not win it all. They have an exceptional and well coached team.

Kelly is rebuilding from a deep and talented group of seniors. There is no getting around that regardless what anyone's opinion may be. The assistants left over from Long's tenure kept the program intact last season and did a great job with good players. Most of those same coaches remain with Coach Holmes and the few coaches he brought in . Kerry Bennett,  former WO-S, SFA, and Redskins, is on the staff. Holmes is a former star SFA CB and has deep experience as a 4A and 5A DC. The staff coaches football as well as any other. The Kelly program will be fine in the near future.  The St. Anne's coaches are maintaining good participation and preparation in their program and will continue to feed the high school well. If you are a Kelly alum, know that the program is in good hands.

I think you are off on a few points. What 4a teams around here could west Sabine beat? They might be a good 1a but I doubt they could beat many 3as. 600 yards rushing to 150 total yards doesn't sound like good coaching. Being a decent player has nothing to do with coaching either. If that were the criteria, they would have kept Frank Middleton. He really played in the NFL, I couldn't find Kerry Bennett on any Redskins roster.

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1262698" timestamp="1346995338"]
I think you are off on a few points. What 4a teams around here could west Sabine beat? They might be a good 1a but I doubt they could beat many 3as. 600 yards rushing to 150 total yards doesn't sound like good coaching. Being a decent player has nothing to do with coaching either. If that were the criteria, they would have kept Frank Middleton. He really played in the NFL, I couldn't find Kerry Bennett on any Redskins roster.
[/quote] He was signed by the Redskins but got injured before ever playing i believe. He was a great athlete and had been a personal trainer in beaumont for a while i believe. He is definitely helping the team in the strength/conditioning side of things.

[quote name="Aggieallstar" post="1262698" timestamp="1346995338"]
[/quote]

I am not off on any points. I will not name any 4A teams because I do not want to offend any players, but I know talent when I see it, and West Sabine has talent. You are too caught up with their 1A label. If that meant what you think it does, Colt McCoy would not have been a star for UT and a NFL starter. Good coaching? Does that apply to every team that does not win regularly? West Sabine could beat Sabine Pass 160-0. They are both 1A. Your mentality would boil the problem down to bad coaching at Sabine Pass. Any sensible football knows that is not the problem at Sabine Pass.

Frank is at Kountze because Frank wants to coach at Kountze. No one ran him off from Kelly. Of course being a good player does not equate to being a good coach. Holmes, however, is a good coach. Bennett signed with the Redskins but suffered a career-ending severe knee injury. He has done an impressive job as a coach so far. He will be a huge benefit to the program during the off-season.

There aren't any colt mccoys on West Sabines team. I had no clue West Sabine is like a Port Arthur Memorial over there. Lol West Sabine would get rolled by every 4a team around here, don't be silly.  It looks like Kelly and Sabine Pass would be a good game with the two great staffs they have. Coach Holmes has two weeks to prepare for a Bridge City team that lost everyone last year, so it should be a good game. I expect to see improvement.

Really a person should not use these forums to bash coaches, players, or teams.  One thing everyone needs to understand is that these coaches that you get on here to bash are absolutley proffesionals at what they do.  That is what they attained a college degree to do.  Parents, fans, and spectators need to understand this.  How would you like it if the coaches came to your place of work or got on a forum pertaining to your job and fussed about how you did not do your job well and that you were not qualified to do so???  I am not a coach nor do I work at a school or even in education but I respect all coaches for what they do and I can promise you, these coaches and AD's are doing the best they can with what they have.  The way I see it is these men and women that choose to go into coaching do it out of a passion and love they have for kids and sports, how else can you explain a person willfully taking a job that pays as little as thiers do for the time they put into it?  Lastly, you need to remember that students/athletes read these posts and when adults (if you are one) get on here and belittle the coaches it undermines everything they are trying to accomplish. 

What you should do is stand behind your coaches and your team, it will amaze you at what a little community support will do for them!!

BTW, to the Kelly coaches and team, I dont know if anyone has mentioned but you guys showed great class and sportsmanship last Friday night in Pineland.  Thank you all for that and thank you Kelly coaches for instilling that quality in your players!!!  That is more honorable than winning ANY game!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami