CROSBY AT NEDERLAND BROADCAST/Nederland wins 21-7!!

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1257292" timestamp="1346469878"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=102286.msg1257183#msg1257183 date=1346468419]
All we have heard this week was how the wonder twins were going to run over us.  114 yards I think total offense.  Most of that was on two plays in the second half.
[/quote]

All I can say is Crosby must be terrible because Nederland really sucks.
[/quote]

I really wish we played BH again this year ::)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All we have heard this week was how the wonder twins were going to run over us.  114 yards I think total offense.  Most of that was on two plays in the second half.
[/quote]

[/quote]LOL!!!!!! The twins for Crosby are very talented.... but this game was won in the trenches. Neds Dline controlled the line of scrimmage.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you say 1 and out?

I listened to the game, but from what I heard the defense performed as expected.  The offense seems to be improving and moved the ball pretty well in the first half,  I think the play calling got more conservative in the second half.  We have some things to work on, but overall not a bad start.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1257335" timestamp="1346470528"]
I listened to the game, but from what I heard the defense performed as expected.  The offense seems to be improving and moved the ball pretty well in the first half,  I think the play calling got more conservative in the second half.  We have some things to work on, but overall not a bad start.
[/quote]

I agree, it was nice to see them come out hot on offense after struggling in the scrimmages.  They had 1 fumble for their only turnover.  If Nederland holds on to the ball their defense will keep them in every game. 

[quote name="DogsDLine" post="1257379" timestamp="1346471568"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=102286.msg1257352#msg1257352 date=1346470919]
he had 3 sacks and Couron had 3 as well.
[/quote]

#90 had five sacks...
[/quote]

I stand corrected.  I don't mind being wrong about things like that. :)

Team Stats

Crosby            Nederland

Total yards        159                  304

First downs          8                      12

Rushes/Yds        25/53              46/208

Average rush      2.12                  4.52

Comp/Att          7/14/1              8/16/0

Pass yards          106                    96

Comp pct            50                    50

Punts                  7                      4

Punting Yards      208                  131

Punting Average  29.71              32.75

Fumbles/Lost      2/1                  2/1

Penalties-yards    4-20              6-60

Kendrick Hopkins(Ned) 22 Carries for 150 yards

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1257299" timestamp="1346469966"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=102286.msg1257292#msg1257292 date=1346469878]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you like your crow fried or grilled? Give credit where it is due and be a little more mature.
[/quote]Congrats to Nederland. I thought Cros. would win after reading all about your poor scrimmage. I was wrong and have great respect for Nederland. Hope BH can do the same and exact some revenge on Cros. this year.

At Nederland, when people say that scrimmages are just for getting work in and tinkering with personnel... maybe people will listen.  Goodness, that was a DOMINATING defensive performance.  The offense is still a work in progress, and will continue to improve, but you can hang your  hat on that defense.  Let slip the Dawgs of War.

[/quote]

[/quote]

says the guy whose team can't play past week one of the playoffs...you are a total clown...watch the game befroe you comment...like I said in the other thread, come watch us play in the playoffs...you won't have anything else to do

As I've prayed before, Dear God, if it's in the cards for Nederland to make the playoffs this year... as nothing is guaranteed, but if it is.  Please, I BEG you, Please, let us play Barbers Hill.  I would be eternally grateful, there is a crouching idiot, smoking baby that we have bidness with.

While watching the replay of the game, I must say I am really impressed with how the defensive line played.  They have absolutely dominated the game from what I have seen so far.  I am also impressed with the running back Hopkins, kid runs extremely hard and always pushing forward for that extra yard.  Also looks like the o-line played well making the holes for Hopkins to run through and gave Carson enough time to get the throws off.  With that being said I hope this team keeps up the intensity and keeps improving every week to make a deep run this year

[quote name="LUfan13" post="1257545" timestamp="1346476063"]
While watching the replay of the game, I must say I am really impressed with how the defensive line played.  They have absolutely dominated the game from what I have seen so far.  I am also impressed with the running back Hopkins, kid runs extremely hard and always pushing forward for that extra yard.  Also looks like the o-line played well making the holes for Hopkins to run through and gave Carson enough time to get the throws off.  With that being said I hope this team keeps up the intensity and keeps improving every week to make a deep run this year
[/quote]

I question how much of the utter dominance was crosby's o line being bad. I know nederland has a great d line but i question if it looked better than it should have because it was playing an obviously lackluster line.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1257519" timestamp="1346475245"]
As I've prayed before, Dear God, if it's in the cards for Nederland to make the playoffs this year... as nothing is guaranteed, but if it is.  Please, I BEG you, Please, let us play Barbers Hill.  I would be eternally grateful, there is a crouching idiot, smoking baby that we have bidness with.
[/quote]

AMEN!!!!!    ;) ;) ;)

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1257508" timestamp="1346474913"]
At Nederland, when people say that scrimmages are just for getting work in and tinkering with personnel... maybe people will listen.  Goodness, that was a DOMINATING defensive performance.  The offense is still a work in progress, and will continue to improve, but you can hang your  hat on that defense.  Let slip the Dawgs of War.
[/quote]

Its not like you guys played the Longhorns or something...Crosby wont even make the playoffs

Im reserving judgement until district for you guys

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder