COLDSPRING VS. C.E. KING BROADCAST/COLDSPRING WINS 21-13!

Saw the whole game and here is what I saw.. From Coldspring. Missed blocks, missed tackles, letting recievers behind them catching up at the last second, cramping up from top FOUR players.

From C. E. King - Well coached, not missing tackles, getting off of blocks well, not giving up.

We (CS) underestimated a good team. We almost blew the game. CS cannot play like that next week against Navasota or we will lose. Some big plays for King got called back due to penalties.
When halftime was over, our inflatable tunnel didn't work so the team just meandered to the sidelines without the band even playing the fight song.
On a positive note, the backs seemed very quick. I'm sure Barbay will fix the issues. And who is this #32? That big dude ran down that qb right before the goal line. Impressed with hard hits from Giddens and Sykes. Need to have pickel juice or something on hand for cramps. Still can't wait for next week.

[quote name="Monkeynuts" post="1257588" timestamp="1346478326"]
I'm going to be at the game next week at Navasota rooting for you guys. Someone needs to tell the D to be prepared for throws, that Navasota QB averages 300 plus yards 3 plus TD's throwing. Prepared to see you guys put a stop to that high powered offense. Good Luck. Navasota going to be a tuff game.... Go Trojans.
[/quote]Navasota has a high powered offense AND defense.  Navasota QB Kadarius Baker was 22-28 for 306 yards against Willis.  He is very elusive and doesn't seem to get rattled at all.  Navasota can run the ball too pretty efficiently.  The defense gives up Nothing.  Willis only had about 125 yards, and 49 of that came on one pass play. 
  Based upon the week 1 results, it would appear that Navasota will be the favorite in this one.  Coldspring will need to figure out how to get that Navasota offense out of rhythm and also how to move the ball against that tough D.  I'm rooting for Coldspring, but they have to bring the A+ game.

Willis didn't move ball much on CS either when they scrimmaged 2 weeks ago. Wasn't impressed at all with Willis.

I agree however that CS is going to have to play alot better if they plan on leaving Navasota with a W.

CS could drop a couple of games next couple of weeks & still end up a really good team. They shouldn't get anything but better as the new starters continue to get experience playing against really good competition. If they somehow make it through this 4 game stretch undefeated, watch out.

I just got off the phone with a guy that went to the Coldsprings / King game and what he said shocked me. He said that, in his opinion, King should have won this game. He said they had 2 TD's called back on penalties. He thought both were holding calls.

He said that King's Defense was freaking flying around! Coldsprings popped a couple of long runs, but they had zero yards passing and King had several massive gang tackles. He thought that for Coldsprings having what is usually a very dominant power running game, King defended them well.

I like some of the things I'm hearing out of King. If those guys buy in and work their tails off, King could make some noise in 19-4A.

[quote author=Football Freak 1 link=topic=102283.msg1258867#msg1258867 date=1346602731]
I just got off the phone with a guy that went to the Coldsprings / King game and what he said shocked me. He said that, in his opinion, King should have won this game. He said they had 2 TD's called back on penalties. He thought both were holding calls.

He said that King's Defense was freaking flying around! Coldsprings popped a couple of long runs, but they had zero yards passing and King had several massive gang tackles. He thought that for Coldsprings having what is usually a very dominant power running game, King defended them well.

I like some of the things I'm hearing out of King. If those guys buy in and work their tails off, King could make some noise in 19-4A.

Shoud have won the game ..... I don't know about that one.  I will say this, Coldspring wasn't ready for what they got firday night.  King is a very under estimated team.  I was really impressed with what i saw friday night.  We (coldpsring) need to start playing trojan football.  It seems as if we were letting them control the tempo.  As far as 2 td's i didnt see that.  They had some big pentalites that was senseless.  Then a personal foul late in the game was cruitial.  Then there was the questionalbe fumble call where king fumbled on their 2 yd line and the CS picked it up in the endzone and the refs said the guy was down.  King will most defintiely be a force this season.   
Now as far as CS, we need to get more conditioned ( too many cramps)and starting playing that smash mouth football that we are used to playing.  We have some young guys filling some big shoes.  We have 2 more tough road games the next 2 weeks.  Hopefully we can bounce back next week and come out playing Trojans football. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Chs96" post="1258887" timestamp="1346604341"]
[quote author=Football Freak 1 link=topic=102283.msg1258867#msg1258867 date=1346602731]

Shoud have won the game ..... I don't know about that one.  I will say this, Coldspring wasn't ready for what they got firday night.  King is a very under estimated team.  I was really impressed with what i saw friday night.  We (coldpsring) need to start playing trojan football.  It seems as if we were letting them control the tempo.  As far as 2 td's i didnt see that.  They had some big pentalites that was senseless.  Then a personal foul late in the game was cruitial.  Then there was the questionalbe fumble call where king fumbled on their 2 yd line and the CS picked it up in the endzone and the refs said the guy was down.  King will most defintiely be a force this season.   
Now as far as CS, we need to get more conditioned ( too many cramps)and starting playing that smash mouth football that we are used to playing.  We have some young guys filling some big shoes.  We have 2 more tough road games the next 2 weeks.  Hopefully we can bounce back next week and come out playing Trojans football.
[/quote]

Wow!  That's pretty damning review of a "1st game of the season WIN."  Expecting perfection right out of the gate must just be a Coldspring thing.  And King "will most definitely be a force" is a stretch.  Competitive, probably, but (JMO) not yet a force. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder