Subvarsity Football: Post results here!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the first half of the Lee-Sterling freshman game at Sterling.  Man I was really hoping someone would tell me that was the B team is all I can say.

I know it wasn't though, because Lee actually had one guy on the team that will probably get moved up to varsity.  He(#2) is a really good rb/db type.  I can't imagine that they have too many guys more electric than him on varsity.  Lee had maybe 5 or 6 guys that looked like they belonged on an A team.  They only had maybe 28 total.  Sterling had a couple of big guys up front, but they were very, very shaky running the option.

What appeared to be Lee's #1 qb did not play.  They wrapped his ankle, and he did not play at all.  Just looking at him, he was probably the second best guy on the team behind #2.  The quarterback that did play was adequate enough.  They had another running back(#33) that got hurt who was also pretty decent though undersized.  They had a third running back(#4) that was really fast and big and surprising that he was not on the first team offense in some form or fashion. 

Lee was up 6-0 at the half when I left.  Should have been 18-0 at least if the Sterling science teachers/freshman officials had not taken away two touchdowns on holding calls that were immediately followed by interceptions.  Sterling fumbled and bumbled all over the place, got maybe a first down or two in the half.

Neither Lee nor Sterling has much coming up the pipeline it appears.

Where the heck are all of the guys in Baytown that know how to play football.  Lee, Sterling and GCM are all very thin in terms of roster and not very big across the board.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa02
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa02