Player With Most D1 College Potenial.

Tall and lanky works great in high school ball and shooting is a bonus at any level however at the D1 level they recruit by position and even the 2's an 3's are stout.It doesn't take long to see their are no players on the opposite side that you can just dominate physically.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1264920" timestamp="1347128035"]
I was referring to the weights for those that are fortunate enough to play at the next level...start your strength training after basketball season so you'll be ready by your freshman year of college
[/quote]You are right sir! I could not agree more!

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1264920" timestamp="1347128035"]
I was referring to the weights for those that are fortunate enough to play at the next level...start your strength training after basketball season so you'll be ready by your freshman year of college
[/quote]definitely start push ups at least. I'm.looking at some tall lanky kids being pushed around now, they're still in high school

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="east texas bb" post="1266924" timestamp="1347316202"]
More often than not, college scouts do not get it right.  Think of Stockton and Nash, 2 of the top PG of all time, neither were recruited heavily.  The most overrated characteristic in scouting is a PG size, quote by Don Monson, makes some sense. 
The problem is kids mature at different rates.
[/quote]

Your first statement is DUMB!  Why are they college scouts?  Because somebody thinks that they can evaluate talent.  Are you a college scout?  If not, why not?  Let me answer - nobody has asked you to go out and assess talent and recommend players back to them.  Your opinions are your opinions - and that is fine, because that's what a forum is for.  Just get off the rant about college scouts because you are out of bounds. ::)

Well evidently there are some college coaches and people with doctorates that think differently.  Don Monson made the quote, he is the coach that put Gonzaga on the map, which many do not know, before he left for Minnesota and Few got the job.  Brian McCormick makes a good argument for the first part, I will post his article below.  To begin an argument by saying because you are not something you have no idea or have not been asked is small minded, most people, and I am in no way saying I could be a college coach, but some people dont wont to coach college, or do not know the people they need to know.  That is not sound logic.  That is like saying a person who has never played basketball can not coach or a person who has never operated on someone can not become a doctor or know anything about that field of study.  Here is article for you:

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1262448" timestamp="1346982600"]
Too late to do much good in the weight room for this season.....hey Nash probably time to get HJ focusing on sport specific drills and conditioning though huh?  ;)
[/quote]

It starts Saturday morning! 

[quote name="bmrm" post="1268972" timestamp="1347507602"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=102146.msg1262448#msg1262448 date=1346982600]
Too late to do much good in the weight room for this season.....hey Nash probably time to get HJ focusing on sport specific drills and conditioning though huh?  ;)
[/quote]

It starts Saturday morning!
[/quote]Cross-Country?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder