Hull-Daisetta vs Hardin/Who wins the game and predict the score.

Who comes out on top in the long rivalry between HD and Hardin?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who comes out on top in the long rivalry between HD and Hardin?

• Hardin Hornets
    • Hull-Daisetta Bobcats

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1253322" timestamp="1346180083"]
Same thing you said last year, which you base of hanging with the likes of tarkington.. and what did hardin do to you last year? Now, what did Liberty do to them? OF dominated hardin last week, albeit a scrimmage. Stop living in a fantasy land, HD is not good. We actually wanna support the kids, but people like you make it next to impossible with all your un-realisitic fantasized post. Been a long while since HD was even competition for ANYONE. Stop with the 1a excuses, you use it to save face when you fall flat. Btw, if Lib and Hardin played HD caliber teams 10 times a season they def. would be powerhouses, without the possibility of ever taking a loss. Get over it, HD SUCKS and it's been that way for years. Hope ya'll can fix things, but until then... just face reality.
[/quote]I just got kinda pumped reading this lol. Thank the lord somebody decided to tell HD 55 what's up

I don't understand all the hating on Hull-Daisetta. All the jokes about how we have the best stadium, we should be ranked #1 in state cause we won state 1300 years ago yada yada yada. Honestly, HD has been nothing but a slightly above average 1A school for the last several years. That's nothing to get really excited about. Hull-Daisetta does have a great tradition and most people won't deny that, but then again most people feel that their school has just as good or better tradition and history in their own right. I don't get on here and claim HD is God's gift to texas high school football. I don't agree with some things that HD55 says on here. I don't think that what alot of other people say about HD is right or in line. I rarely do a whole lot of smack talking unless it's against West Hardin (and HD could be the worst team in the state and I'm gonna talk smack then like everyone does). I am a realist. Every now and then HD gets a good group of talent for their size school. Problem is, in the past 10 years I don't feel that we've had the right coaches in place to get the best of the talent we have. Not knocking Coach Barbay and Slack, they are good coaches and have their strengths. I do feel like Coach Finney has done something that hasn't been alive in a long time, and that is that attitude that old Bobcats used to have. Guys that grew up in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's in HD had that chip on their shoulder. It was special to be a Bobcat, and nobody could tell them any differently. Problem is, that went away about the turn of the century. Kids in Hull, Daisetta, and Raywood didn't feel any different about football than kids from Hardin, Liberty, or Batson felt. Some kids played, some didn't. Attitudes were bad and discipline wasn't there. I'm not saying that in a few months that Finny has brought that back... but he's on the right track. The field house finally looks like it should, with new equipment, trophies, and plaques, and banners reminding the kids of the past Bobcats. The kids know the history of the program now and are buying in on it.

I honestly think that talent-wise this is the best team that HD has had since 2008. That was a 7-4 year with a one and done trip to the playoffs. That was a very talented team though. They held Mart (who went to the state semi-finals that year) scoreless for three out of the four quarters and to 219 yards of total offense. Turnovers and lack of experience got the best of them....along with a very talented Mart team. This team is going to be as talented as that one. I think the difference is the coaching staff and the attitudes of these kids. Coach Huckaby helping out on running the Slot-T is obvious. Coach Finney runs an amped up, disciplined, work your butt off and be perfect every play program. I'm not declaring a state championship, I'm not even saying HD is going to have a great record. I am saying that things are changing. I thought it would take a year or two, but I think the change is already there. I think the Bobcats are gonna surprise alot of people this season. We shall see in a couple nights. 

Great post. Only reason HD is viewed the way it is, is because "certain posters" make numerous threads about them saying they can beat this team and that team when the whole world knows it's "very unlikely"
(see impossible). We want to support every SETX team, it's just that we despise arrogant attitudes and putting down our teams to build yours up. Not all HD posters are guilty, but the one's that are have been doing it waaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo long and to an extreme that just makes us sick. A "HD hasn't been good lately, but they are getting better and I see them competing in the future" post would do wonders for support of the bobcats. Sometimes I feel bad, because I'd hate the kids to read this stuff, but it's the last thing on my mind when I hear team a and team b constantly getting bashed by HD. That is all..

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1253431" timestamp="1346188874"]
Great post. Only reason HD is viewed the way it is, is because "certain posters" make numerous threads about them saying they can beat this team and that team when the whole world knows it's "very unlikely"
(see impossible). We want to support every SETX team, it's just that we despise arrogant attitudes and putting down our teams to build yours up. Not all HD posters are guilty, but the one's that are have been doing it waaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooo long and to an extreme that just makes us sick. A "HD hasn't been good lately, but they are getting better and I see them competing in the future" post would do wonders for support of the bobcats. Sometimes I feel bad, because I'd hate the kids to read this stuff, but it's the last thing on my mind when I hear team a and team b constantly getting bashed by HD. That is all..
[/quote]

If your interest is "for the kids", then you should be able to overlook ignorant adults to protect the kids you say you support.  The kids do read this, some take it as fuel to prove you guys wrong, some take it and allow it to beat themselves down.  If its' worth it to you to get a shot in on HD55, then take your shot, but don't get on here and act sympathetic towards the kids you inadvertantly hurt with the statements. 

Look in the mirror and take care of that guy before you try and tell the next person what's wrong with them personally. I don't support HD's kids, never claimed to. Said I would like to support the team and that I would not want to hurt the kids. However, in my opinion the team isn't good. I stand behind that. Never have I attacked the kids directly or indirectly. If they aren't good, they aren't good.if they asked my opinion I'd tell them, doesn't mean If they need help getting into to college I wouldn't still help them. Check yourself, I got this.  8)

I love all the banter that people put on here. Means its that time again for the people to try and live through their old schools. Its fun. Everybody loves to get their words in. Heck, i enjoy pulling for my team and talking whatever trash I can, even if I know we are gonna get killed. But you gotta root for em in the good and bad. Thats what makes you a fan. Trying to throw history into makes no sense because none of these kids have anything to do with that. The Hornets are significantly down from the past few years. The Bobcats are looking to be headed in a great direction with an entirely new coaching staff and an offensive coordinator that once took a team to a state championship. They have more kids out this year than they have since they were a solid 2A so there are definitely a number of kids to choose from to make the team better. I think this friday the game will be a tough one. Hardin has the mental edge having won the past few years. But Daisetta is gonna be scrappy and give hardin all they want and put em on their heels before they know what hit em. If they endure that shock, they should be able to compose themselves to a win. However, being an ex-bobcat, i hope that hardin stays shocked and daisetta can redeem itself from the past few years of loss. Go bobcats!

Can't wait for this over 40 year rivalry to kickoff tonight. Stands are gonna be full on both sides. Bragging rights on the line! These towns are just a few miles apart. Seen Coach Finney and the team, they are fired up big time! Gonna be an emotional hard hitting game. Only better game to watch is the West Hardin vs HD game, if your a Bobcat fan. I remember going up against Ole Cheesy from Hardin every year from 7th -12th grades. Good memories! H-D!!!!!!

Good luck to both teams tonight. I have Mad Respect for both coaches. I have had sons play for both Walter Fortune and Josh Finney, and they are both great leaders. If the game is close, Coach Finney will find a way to win it. But I expect Walter to have the Hornets ready. Should be a great game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jivig
    Newest Member
    jivig