Houston Chron. preview of 22-3A

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did enjoy the 22-3A’s piece in this morning’s Houston Chronicle newspaper. However there were some facts that were wrong. Huffman has lost to Coldspring for four straight years, not 7 (lost in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011). In 2003 we won 49-13, and did not play them from 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007.

Here is the true preview: Huffman chasing Coldspring for the district title. The rest of scrubs will battle for the 3rd spot in the playoffs and a corresponding first round exit.

[quote name="idk" post="1242622" timestamp="1344341629"]
89Falcon - I was going to say a few words to you, but it really isn't worth getting into it with a group of people who think they are better than everyone else. Sure hope it doesn't rain soon.
[/quote]

We are just going of what recent history has taught us. The only team in the district that will compete with CS is Huffman, all the other teams aren't even in the conversation.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1242599" timestamp="1344307989"]
Here is the true preview: Huffman chasing Coldspring for the district title. The rest of scrubs will battle for the 3rd spot in the playoffs and a corresponding first round exit.
[/quote]

bashing minors huh? classy.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1242655" timestamp="1344353633"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=101461.msg1242599#msg1242599 date=1344307989]
[/quote]

[/quote]
It's not bashing if it's true ;)

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1242762" timestamp="1344386488"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=101461.msg1242655#msg1242655 date=1344353633]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=101461.msg1242599#msg1242599 date=1344307989]
[/quote]

[/quote]
It's not bashing if it's true ;)
[/quote] 8)

I suppose you do have a point, being that both huffman an coldspring are FULL of parade all-Americans. Outside of that district only coldspring would still be competitive as it stands now. Not exactly the La Marque, Aledo's of the world. However, I still don't believe in calling these children scrubs. To each his own, thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become character.

Liberty just hired new DC and he's from old school football history.Son of former UT wishbone creator,TAM coach,Miss St.=Emorry Bellard.Heard it live on 99.9 radio yesterday.Don't remember the 1st name though.Good luck to Coach Bellard on your new position 8)

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1242770" timestamp="1344388521"]
I suppose you do have a point, being that both huffman an coldspring are FULL of parade all-Americans. Outside of that district only coldspring would still be competitive as it stands now. Not exactly the La Marque, Aledo's of the world. However, I still don't believe in calling these children scrubs. To each his own, thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become character.
[/quote]

Nope not full of all-americans, but Huffman and Coldspring blowout every other team in the district. There is a huge drop off after after CS and Huffman whether you want to recognize it or not.

Huffman is very competitive outside of district. We are 8-4 the last 2 years out of district and those 4 losses came at the hands of Kingwood Park (4a) and Navasota (one of the top 3a teams in the state). No we haven't done what CS has done but we've done alright.

Perhaps you're missing my point. Put up against other teams huff and cs are scrubs. Prairie View has long been viewed as garbage, but if you put them up against lesser competition they're no longer scrubs. It all comes down to this, unless you're at the top, you're at the bottom. Trashing schools below you doesn't change that fact. At the end of the day, you're all still at the bottom.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1242781" timestamp="1344390267"]
Perhaps you're missing my point. [b] Put up against other teams huff and cs are scrubs. [/b] Prairie View has long been viewed as garbage, but if you put them up against lesser competition they're no longer scrubs. It all comes down to this, unless you're at the top, you're at the bottom. Trashing schools below you doesn't change that fact. At the end of the day, you're all still at the bottom.
[/quote]

I agree against Katy CS and Huffman are scrubs, but the other schools in our district are the scrubs of scrubs then.

Both CS and Huffman are in the top 40 for the start of the year, but according to your logic I guess there is only one good team and everyone else is a scrub ::)

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1242781" timestamp="1344390267"]
Perhaps you're missing my point. Put up against other teams huff and cs are scrubs. Prairie View has long been viewed as garbage, but if you put them up against lesser competition they're no longer scrubs. It all comes down to this, unless you're at the top, you're at the bottom. Trashing schools below you doesn't change that fact. At the end of the day, you're all still at the bottom.
[/quote]
Are you serious? Who cares how a 3A compares with a 5A? I guess Alabama is scrubs compared to the New York Giants according to your logic. CS has been in the State Championship and Semi-Final the last two years. CS against 3A competition is dominant. Huffman is 8-4 out of district and has advanced to the second round the last two years. I will keep it simple, against the teams in 22-3A, after Huffman and CS everyone is reaching for table scraps.
Start winning some games and you wont have to be worried that someone called you "scrubs".  :'(

[quote name="liltex" post="1242773" timestamp="1344389251"]
Liberty just hired new DC and he's from old school football history.Son of former UT wishbone creator,TAM coach,Miss St.=Emorry Bellard.Heard it live on 99.9 radio yesterday.Don't remember the 1st name though.Good luck to Coach Bellard on your new position 8)
[/quote] Bob Bellard former hc of bryan high excited to see wha he can do with panthers defense, he is also assisting with the passing game

Scrubs, wow! 08 and 09 Cleveland was the district Champs, 10 and 11 Coldspring was the district champs. In the past 4 years Huffman has not come out on top. yes Huffman has had a good team the past 2 years, but still not enough to win the district. you also have yourself placed with Coldspring and everyone under you are scrubs, in the past 4 years you are 2-2 with one of the scrubs. Cleveland has struggled the past couple of years, but they are building don't count them out.

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1242847" timestamp="1344436133"]
Scrubs, wow! 08 and 09 Cleveland was the district Champs, 10 and 11 Coldspring was the district champs. In the past 4 years Huffman has not come out on top. yes Huffman has had a good team the past 2 years, but still not enough to win the district. you also have yourself placed with Coldspring and everyone under you are scrubs, in the past 4 years you are 2-2 with one of the scrubs. Cleveland has struggled the past couple of years, but they are building don't count them out.
[/quote]

I don't consider Cleveland a perennial scrub. Yeah yall have had some struggle recently and I'm still shocked at how yall dropped of in 2010. Idk if that was because of the new coach or what, but it was very surprising. I don't think Cleveland will continue to get blownout by Huffman and CS, especially next year when all your young starters from last year will be seniors.

The only reason I said teams were scrubs is because some guy said Huffman was a scrub compared to other teams. So I said if thats true, then the teams that get blownout by Huffman are the scrubs of a scrub.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1242790" timestamp="1344392859"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=101461.msg1242781#msg1242781 date=1344390267]
[/quote]
Are you serious? Who cares how a 3A compares with a 5A? I guess Alabama is scrubs compared to the New York Giants according to your logic. CS has been in the State Championship and Semi-Final the last two years. CS against 3A competition is dominant. Huffman is 8-4 out of district and has advanced to the second round the last two years. I will keep it simple, against the teams in 22-3A, after Huffman and CS everyone is reaching for table scraps.
Start winning some games and you wont have to be worried that someone called you "scrubs".  :'(
[/quote]

Sorry, I'm an adult male therefore i'm not allowed to play hs football and have no games to lose. Smart. I also don't have a dog in your little insignificant 22-3a super bowl. Assuming, well you know... I suppose you don't have enough life experience to understand however. My issue was bashing kids by calling them scrubs. Simple. All this other nonsense is just random and quite sad in my opinion. This is a great site with several great posters, I'll assume they use you for balance. Said my peace, good luck winning the state championship again. Side note, my Texas hs football history tells me that huffman has been "scrubs" much more often than not in that little powerhouse district of yours.

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1242880" timestamp="1344445191"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=101461.msg1242790#msg1242790 date=1344392859]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=101461.msg1242781#msg1242781 date=1344390267]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Sorry, I'm an adult male therefore i'm not allowed to play hs football and have no games to lose. Smart. I also don't have a dog in your little insignificant 22-3a super bowl. Assuming, well you know... I suppose you don't have enough life experience to understand however. My issue was bashing kids by calling them scrubs. Simple. All this other nonsense is just random and quite sad in my opinion. This is a great site with several great posters, I'll assume they use you for balance. Said my peace, good luck winning the state championship again. Side note, my Texas hs football history tells me that huffman has been "scrubs" much more often than not in that little powerhouse district of yours.
[/quote]

Huffman has been a scrub for much of it's history, but that doesn't matter. Only thing that matters is the here and now.

For someone who hates to put down kids you were really quick to put down every kid in an entire district. Kinda hypocritical don't you think? I guess you're not as much of an adult as you believe you are.

BTW 22-3a is just as good as any 3a district in the area.

You're right, calling 22-3a a small insignificant district is a direct insult to kids. You win. Oh, btw the adult male comment was a response to me "losing games." I believe you're meaning to question my maturity, not age. I forgive your mistake. Happens to the best of us. Thanks for the entertainment though!

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1242891" timestamp="1344447390"]
You're right, calling 22-3a a small insignificant district is a direct insult to kids. You win. Oh, btw the adult male comment was a response to me "losing games." I believe you're meaning to question my maturity, not age. I forgive your mistake. Happens to the best of us. Thanks for the entertainment though!
[/quote]

Nope I didn't make a mistake. You said that 89 didn't have enough life experience to understand your issue of bashing kids, but apparently you don't either. So I said you're not as much of an adult as you think you are, because you're a hypocrite. I was referring to your maturity level. I never challenged that you were an adult, I just pointed out that you weren't acting like one should according to your definition.

Your welcome for the enlightenment by the way.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1242894" timestamp="1344448278"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=101461.msg1242891#msg1242891 date=1344447390]
[/quote]

[b]Nope I didn't make a mistake[/b]. You said that 89 didn't have enough life experience to understand your issue of bashing kids, but apparently you don't either. So [b]I said you're not as much of an adult as you think you are, because you're a hypocrite[/b]. [b]I was referring to your maturity level[/b]. [b]I never challenged that you were an adult[/b], I just pointed out that you weren't acting like one should according to your definition.

[/quote]

^^^ Oh, ok.  :o

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1242908" timestamp="1344449538"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=101461.msg1242894#msg1242894 date=1344448278]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=101461.msg1242891#msg1242891 date=1344447390]
[/quote]

[b]Nope I didn't make a mistake[/b]. You said that 89 didn't have enough life experience to understand your issue of bashing kids, but apparently you don't either. So [b]I said you're not as much of an adult as you think you are, because you're a hypocrite[/b]. [b]I was referring to your maturity level[/b]. [b]I never challenged that you were an adult[/b], I just pointed out that you weren't acting like one should according to your definition.

[/quote]

^^^ Oh, ok.  :o
[/quote]

I'm glad you finally understand ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa