Vidor homecoming game vs PNG.... Who will have the bigger crowd??

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1242484" timestamp="1344276035"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=101445.msg1242468#msg1242468 date=1344273705]
I'm sure vidor will have the bigger crowd, we only got 500 tickets as advertised lol.  It should be a awesome halftime show as usual, the ball game should be even better. Can't wait for the Friday night lights!
[/quote]Yes, Man, I agree.  I'm especially ready to remove this ridiculous signature as well!  8) 8)
[/quote]

Why??? You'll just have to put up a new one after the NDNS dominate your Jags again!!!

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1242495" timestamp="1344279327"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=101445.msg1242484#msg1242484 date=1344276035]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=101445.msg1242468#msg1242468 date=1344273705]
I'm sure vidor will have the bigger crowd, we only got 500 tickets as advertised lol.  It should be a awesome halftime show as usual, the ball game should be even better. Can't wait for the Friday night lights!
[/quote]Yes, Man, I agree.  I'm especially ready to remove this ridiculous signature as well!  8) 8)
[/quote]

Why??? You'll just have to put up a new one after the NDNS dominate your Jags again!!!
[/quote]Not going to happen. Those young Injuns will get ran off the field just like they did in 2008.  8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1242500" timestamp="1344281012"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=101445.msg1242495#msg1242495 date=1344279327]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=101445.msg1242484#msg1242484 date=1344276035]
[/quote]

[/quote]Not going to happen. Those young Injuns will get ran off the field just like they did in 2008.  8)
[/quote]worried bout PNG, they better be worried bout this whoopin they getting in a few weeks.  :D

Just a tidbit of history for you guys, Nederland was doing the lights out at halftime show years before Vidor ever did it.  The band marched with flashlights tied to their leg.  They stopped perfoming that show when they changed out the lighting system.  Man that was way back when I was a kid watching the football games. I always wondered how they didn't burn their fingers when the twirlers used fire batons, ha ha, anyways, I remember also back in the early 80's when Mr. Todd (a Nederland graduate) became head Director in Vidor, he brought a lot of the Nederland look that way in how they marched.  Is David Johnson (also a Nederland Graduate) still Directing there?  Anyways, just add fireworks and you got a nice show.

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1242976" timestamp="1344458570"]
Just a tidbit of history for you guys, Nederland was doing the lights out at halftime show years before Vidor ever did it.  The band marched with flashlights tied to their leg.  They stopped perfoming that show when they changed out the lighting system.  Man that was way back when I was a kid watching the football games. I always wondered how they didn't burn their fingers when the twirlers used fire batons, ha ha, anyways, I remember also back in the early 80's when Mr. Todd (a Nederland graduate) became head Director in Vidor, he brought a lot of the Nederland look that way in how they marched.  Is David Johnson (also a Nederland Graduate) still Directing there?  Anyways, just add fireworks and you got a nice show.
[/quote]

Vidor does have fireworks.

Are you referring to Donnie Todd? I always thought he was one of the assistant band directors. Great director, nonetheless.

Todd was an assistant director for several years and retired a few years ago.  I worked at the HS for a the last few years that Todd was there.  He's a very good man and the kids liked him.  Ronnie Touchstone has been the Head Band Director since sometime in the 80s when longtime director C.R. Smith retired.

Anyway, as far as this thread goes.  Its another thread that I wish would disappear because it serves no point other than to promote Vidor jokes.  I will give my prediction for the game though...
Vidor 31-PNG 21

[quote name="DOGS1988" post="1242976" timestamp="1344458570"]
[/quote]

Before the flashlights it was strings of lights like mini Christmas lights that were clipped to the uniforms. They have problems with them getting old and went to the flashlights on the legs for a short time.

The last year they did so (like you mentioned), they changed the light system and it took several minutes before the lights warmed up and it delayed the game. The discontinued the lights out show after that.

Guest KHS 89
Is the question "Who will have the bigger crowd at the Vidor Homecoming game, Vidor (the home team) or PN-G (the visitors)?? Really? Reaching anyway you can to find a way to come out on top of PN-G eh, twocents??

Well, we may be able to give you this one, you very well may have the bigger crowd.....but all that matters is who has the bigger score on the scoreboard when its all done.  And, that will be PN-G  ;D

[quote name="Cardinal Supporter" post="1243421" timestamp="1344544292"]
Playing in Vidor for their homecomming, one would think Vidor would have the edge in the numbers. However, I think the importance of the game may influence the number of fans that show up. if one team needs the victory to stay in playoff contention then that team may have more fans show up.
[/quote]

Like stated above,  the visitor side is considerably smaller,  AND,  thus far, PNGISD had only 500 tickets to sell.  They say there will be more on game week,  but most people aren't going to stand for the entire game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86