Jasper 2012

So with coach Darrell Barbay taking the reigns how do you think Jasper will do this year? I believe Jasper will finish second in district. I think losing their running back from last year will hurt, but I truly believe the qb walker will do great this year. He made some great strides last year.

[quote name="Bronco/Cat Fan" post="1240825" timestamp="1343700143"]
I felt while he was at HD and Anahuac, the passing game was not developed enough to even be a distraction to opposing defenses. When the rushing game was shut down, that was it. This is not say he is not a good coach or person, just something I noticed throughout his time at HD and Anahuac.
[/quote]

Based on the preview here, the Bulldogs are going back to the spread yet again. What offense did Anahuac run last year?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1240813" timestamp="1343698203"]
not to be rude or anything but the ultimate question is will he stay at Jasper and not bolt like past coaches.  ;)
[/quote]

That's true. I feel he will stay for a while, but being a Jasper fan I realize I can't get my hopes up about it. If he does stay I feel good things happening for Jasper.

Guest incognito123
He will stay, and they will be successful.  He has brought in a great offensive coordinator that knows how to coach the passing game.  They will have no problem.  Mark it down.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="Mike_Honcho" post="1240970" timestamp="1343761753"]
Sure he did, great OC. Where is the proof?
[/quote]

Ummm, you mean the guy who Barbay hired that moved his family to Anahuac?  He lives there.  He coordinated the Athens offense last year after a successful stint at a coordinator at Groesbeck before that.  What kind of proof are you looking for?

With group of kids coming  back Jasper will be fine these young men need a leader that's going to help them in the class room as well as on the football field. I see two bulldog fighting for 20 3A Jasper will get first or second  in this district and maybe 2 rounds deep in the playoffs maybe 3. LET'S GO DOGS

[quote name="ctowndawgfan" post="1242163" timestamp="1344123536"]
Hopefully Barbay and staff can build on the foundation Morgan laid last year. That offense was very good! [b]They ran the ball however and whenever they wanted[/b]. The play action passing game was very explosive and fun! We will see...
[/quote]

That's debatable. Didn't do it against Silsbee.

Their offense over the past several years has been fine. It's the Jasper defense that hasn't been very good over the last several seasons. Not the typical Jasper defense that I have been accustomed to seeing over the years.

[quote name="ctowndawgfan" post="1242163" timestamp="1344123536"]
Hopefully Barbay and staff can build on the foundation Morgan laid last year. That offense was very good! They ran the ball however and whenever they wanted. The play action passing game was very explosive and fun! We will see...
[/quote]
That is VERY debatable.  They were 6-5 and were spanked in the first round.  If they did what they wanted whenever or however, then they must not have wanted very much!

Guest dawg4life
[quote name="setxguru" post="1242192" timestamp="1344134762"]
[quote author=ctowndawgfan link=topic=101339.msg1242163#msg1242163 date=1344123536]
Hopefully Barbay and staff can build on the foundation Morgan laid last year. That offense was very good! They ran the ball however and whenever they wanted. The play action passing game was very explosive and fun! We will see...
[/quote]
That is VERY debatable.  They were 6-5 and were spanked in the first round.  If they did what they wanted whenever or however, then they must not have wanted very much!
[/quote] ;D
lol a guru are uh? if so u tell me who chapel hill didnt pretty much spank wire to wire that is. a legitimate number one team...........Jasper Bulldogs "  hated by many,  loved by few, respected by ALL !""  where did u go to school?  a mighty perenial program like jasper by chance?

Actually every playoff game that Chapel hill played was decided by 10 points or less except Jasper.  Chapel Hill beat Jasper 70 - 28.  During the regular season Chapel Hill had three more games that were decided by 10 points or less.  Chapel Hill had three gamesduring the that they won by one point.  Jasper on the other hand, the team that could "Run it Whenever and However" was 6-5, LOST TO ORANGEFIELD, and did not beat one team with a winning record.  However I do think that Jasper did finally get a quality Head Coach in Darrell Barbay, who will do things correctly and stay for more than two years.  Good luck to the Jasper Bulldogs in 2012!

[quote name="setxguru" post="1242738" timestamp="1344377460"]
Actually every playoff game that Chapel hill played was decided by 10 points or less except Jasper.  Chapel Hill beat Jasper 70 - 28.  During the regular season Chapel Hill had three more games that were decided by 10 points or less.  Chapel Hill had three gamesduring the that they won by one point.  [b]Jasper on the other hand, the team that could "Run it Whenever and However" was 6-5, LOST TO ORANGEFIELD, and did not beat one team with a winning record.[/b]  However I do think that Jasper did finally get a quality Head Coach in Darrell Barbay, who will do things correctly and stay for more than two years.  Good luck to the Jasper Bulldogs in 2012!
[/quote]

Nuff said.

Barbay will get the Dawgs back on track.

Actually every playoff game that Chapel hill played was decided by 10 points or less except Jasper.  Chapel Hill beat Jasper 70 - 28.  During the regular season Chapel Hill had three more games that were decided by 10 points or less.  Chapel Hill had three gamesduring the that they won by one point.  Jasper on the other hand, the team that could "Run it Whenever and However" was 6-5, LOST TO ORANGEFIELD, and did not beat one team with a winning record.  However I do think that Jasper did finally get a quality Head Coach in Darrell Barbay, who will do things correctly and stay for more than two years.  Good luck to the Jasper Bulldogs in 2012!
[/quote]

Ouch, I think that argument got sent to bed without supper!

[/quote]WELP!  ;)

I feel their offense made great strides and with a young QB in Walker I like what I'm seeing from Jasper on the offensive side. If Jasper could get the defense back on track then watch out. You can't fix one thing and let another go bad and for the past couple of seasons I feel Jasper would be good on one side of the ball, but the other side of the ball drastically hurt the team

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder