Texas Sun Devils - Chip Ferguson

I understand the personal nature of his commitment to the development of college caliber players and beyond, he is a devoted dad with the available assets to spare no expense to provide for his family.  I am proud to say I feel blessed to live in a area common to that kind of devotion to one's family just not the ability to display it with such magnitude.  The fact is, he could have spent far less and in all likelihood his son and step sons could have (with their talent) been  presented with very similar opportunities at the next level.  Possibly with far more inconvenience (having to travel to Houston) but nonetheless somehow someway, their talents would have been exposed. 

My son is only 15 and has benefited tremendously on the mere existence of the program.  Having taken lessons at the facility he has been exposed to various incredible talents in our area and humbling nature of how special(athleticism) God makes some people.  While the reality of his own future likely doesn't include the amazing achievements of  some of the Sun Devils, the life lessons learned now and maybe appreciated later have been worth every dollar spent on lessons.  Yes my son is striving to be the best baseball player he can be, but more importantly he is learning if you want to be a success in life you have to be willing to fully commit to the process even if failure is a likely outcome.  On the simpliest level a kid hitting 300 still fails more than he succeeds, yet we are all pretty aware how much a 300 hitter gets paid in MLB.  As any parent does, I want my son to experience winning but hope that winning isn't  more important than the willingness to meet defeat in order to accept a higher challenge.

Chip Ferguson's generosity has been exponential to our area and beyond, and I wanted to just say thank you.  I wish him well and hope he enjoys watching his son's play at the next level for years to come.  I don't know him well and have only spoke to him a few times, but recently I did hear  him say "once a Sun Devil, always a Sun Devil!" and I know he meant it.

Chip has to be the most generous person I have ever met. He has helped more young men follow their dream of playing baseball at the next level that would have never had the opportunity to without the the support he provides the team.
It is amazing to watch.
The organization not only teaches them baseball and provides opportunities to these young men.  They also give them the experience of staying away from home, and being more independent which prepares them for the transition to college.
Watching the boys thank Chip for all he does, is a joy to watch. They all come to him and shake his hand and the smile on his face let's you know it is all worth it to him. He takes a personal interest in each of them.
Again, the most generous personI know.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="setxballfan" post="1240362" timestamp="1343424648"]
Chip has to be the most generous person I have ever met. He has helped more young men follow their dream of playing baseball at the next level that would have never had the opportunity to without the the support he provides the team.
It is amazing to watch.
The organization not only teaches them baseball and provides opportunities to these young men.  They also give them the experience of staying away from home, and being more independent which prepares them for the transition to college.
Watching the boys thank Chip for all he does, is a joy to watch. They all come to him and shake his hand and the smile on his face let's you know it is all worth it to him. He takes a personal interest in each of them.
Again, the most generous personI know.
[/quote]

Don't think I could have said it any better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder