Kirbyville grad searching after Lon Morris cuts athletics

It's a sad situation for all of those kids.... Not just football players, but cheerleaders, basketball players, baseball players and softball players.... The people who made the decision to close the school did not have the best interest of the kids at heart....

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="HubTx" post="1234694" timestamp="1341853897"]
It's a sad situation for all of those kids.... Not just football players, but cheerleaders, basketball players, baseball players and softball players.... The people who made the decision to close the school did not have the best interest of the kids at heart....
[/quote]

The Administration & Regents CAN NOT run that school
the way PRESIDENT Obama runs (or ruins) our country.  The school can't just print more money.  I understand your sentiment for the students but, honestly, don't you
think the people in charge examined every avenue to try to keep the school open?

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1234775" timestamp="1341874761"]
Wish the best for W. Tyler and all the others who got this terrible news :(
[/quote]

I agree with you....Will Tyler is a[b] player [/b] and deserves a chance...Hope He gets it... A lot of other players with a lot less talent are playing for the big boys...Small School Syndrome...It happens all the time... ;)

Guest incognito123
[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1235556" timestamp="1342181154"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=100881.msg1234775#msg1234775 date=1341874761]
[/quote]

I agree with you....Will Tyler is a[b] player [/b] and deserves a chance...Hope He gets it... A lot of other players with a lot less talent are playing for the big boys...Small School Syndrome...It happens all the time... ;)
[/quote]

This statement about "small school syndrome" is ignorant.  If you can play, they will find you, regardless of the size of your school.  See Colt McCoy.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1235747" timestamp="1342222848"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=100881.msg1235556#msg1235556 date=1342181154]
[/quote]

[/quote]

This statement about "small school syndrome" is ignorant.  If you can play, they will find you, regardless of the size of your school.  See Colt McCoy.
[/quote]

Par for the course ;) I make a lot of ignorant statements, But they are my ignorant statements,You make the intelligent statements,And I will continue in my ignorant ways,It's a big world there's room for both kinds...Have a Good day.... :D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1235840" timestamp="1342265824"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=100881.msg1235747#msg1235747 date=1342222848]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=100881.msg1235556#msg1235556 date=1342181154]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Par for the course ;) I make a lot of ignorant statements, But they are my ignorant statements,You make the intelligent statements,And I will continue in my ignorant ways,It's a big world there's room for both kinds...Have a Good day.... :D
[/quote]
;D

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1234703" timestamp="1341855831"]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=100881.msg1234694#msg1234694 date=1341853897]
[/quote]

the way PRESIDENT Obama runs (or ruins) our country.  The school can't just print more money.  I understand your sentiment for the students but, honestly, don't you
think the people in charge examined every avenue to try to keep the school open?
[/quote]

As a matter of fact, no, I don't believe they examined every avenue possible... The truth is that there were years of mismanagement financially with nothing said about it... The athletic department is taking the blame for ex-higher ups who ran the college into the ground financially...

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="HubTx" post="1238918" timestamp="1343054265"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=100881.msg1234703#msg1234703 date=1341855831]
[quote author=HubTx link=topic=100881.msg1234694#msg1234694 date=1341853897]
[/quote]

[/quote]

As a matter of fact, no, I don't believe they examined every avenue possible... The truth is that there were years of mismanagement financially with nothing said about it... The athletic department is taking the blame for ex-higher ups who ran the college into the ground financially...
[/quote]

You are describing the cause of the closing, not the closing act itself.  Given what you say about the mismanagement, and I'm certain that you have verified all of your accusations, then what else could be done?  If you have no funds and there is no prospect of receiving adequate funds, how do you sustain the operation of your enterprise?  Again, I sympathise with the students and their plight, but they will survive and move on.  Not once did you mention any sympathetic feeling for any of
the faculty or administrative personnel that HAD NO DIRECT connection to the cause of the closing.  They have mortgages, credit card balances, etc. and now have no certain means by which to pay.  Your view is just a bit narrow in my opinion.

Tigersvoice,

First of all, my connection to faculty and administration of the school is much deeper than you may realize or know... I know firsthand the impact the school's closing has made on faculty and administration...

The school had no money to pay its faculty yet they have spent MANY dollars on paying a consulting firm who came in and after what I would consider half-ass research decided to close the school... That money could have paid the faculty at least a portion of what they were owed...

My view may be narrow, but it comes from the eyes of someone who has seen it from both sides...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder