Colmesneil Bulldogs

Could somebody shed some light, on why Colmesneil is all the sudden predicted to win their District? I know they have all their starters coming back. Last season they lost 70-14 to H-D, 65-0 to Lovelady, 63-20 to West Sabine and 43-0 to West Hardin. Did they get Tony Brown! lol. Got to be something big going down.  ???

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/colmesneil-bulldogs-(colmesneil,tx)/football/home.htm

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1233218" timestamp="1340908449"]
Could somebody shed some light, on why Colmesneil is all the sudden predicted to win their District? I know they have all their starters coming back. Last season they lost 70-14 to H-D, 65-0 to Lovelady, 63-20 to West Sabine and 43-0 to West Hardin. Did they get Tony Brown! lol. Got to be something big going down.  ???

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/colmesneil-bulldogs-(colmesneil,tx)/football/home.htm
[/quote]
It is becuse of their returning starters combined with the weakest district in 1AD1. They have zero speed and zero size.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1233291" timestamp="1340923650"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100758.msg1233218#msg1233218 date=1340908449]

[/quote]
It is becuse of their returning starters combined with the weakest district in 1AD1. They have zero speed and zero size.
[/quote]

Except their running back, still can't remember his name, but he was pretty dang good.  Sadly, he was their only good player.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1233298" timestamp="1340928096"]
Weakest district in 1AD1?  Where are you getting that information?
[/quote]
Well, for example: Colmesneil is picked to win the district. Every team other than HD is perennial bottom feeder. The only reason HD is not is because someone has to win when two terrible teams play. HD has been less horrible than the rest. Every playoff team from this district will be beat by >40 in the first playoff game.

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1233297" timestamp="1340926645"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=100758.msg1233291#msg1233291 date=1340923650]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100758.msg1233218#msg1233218 date=1340908449]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Except their running back, still can't remember his name, but he was pretty dang good.  Sadly, he was their only good player.
[/quote]
I could not tell when I watched them, he never crossed the line of scrimmage against SA.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1233305" timestamp="1340933941"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=100758.msg1233298#msg1233298 date=1340928096]
[/quote]
Well, for example: Colmesneil is picked to win the district. Every team other than HD is perennial bottom feeder. The only reason HD is not is because someone has to win when two terrible teams play. HD has been less horrible than the rest. Every playoff team from this district will be beat by >40 in the first playoff game.
[/quote]You got one thing right, H-D is not a bottom feeder. H-D is one of the winningest teams in SE Texas with over 530 victories and almost always wins district and makes playoffs. We had 9 straight playoff appearances before last year. And H-D has not and will not get beat by 40 points in playoffs.

[quote name="Joharr73" post="1233297" timestamp="1340926645"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Cody Walsh Junior RB Colmesneil: 5'10 180lbs 4.7 40YD: 1,600 rushing yards last season.

Why is this guy so concerned about Colmesneil? That district is definitely one of the weakest in the state, if not the weakest. That is based on current rankings and RECENT performance. None of the teams from this district has won a playoff game in quite some time. HD winning their last playoff game in the 90s.

Colmesneil has a new coach, they could get energized and do well next year. It happened to them 3 or 4 years ago. They got excited about football, had a few good players, and surprised a lot of people. It could definitely happen again. The same thing could happen in HD or WH. They both have new coaches. Teams can go from last to first at any level. It can certainly happen in the lower classifications where attitude and a few players can make a huge difference.

And falcon certainly wasn't complimenting your team HD55. He said perennial bottom feeders. He probably should have frequent because those teams have had occasional, limited success. But make no mistake, he wasn't putting HD in the same category you put them in. Like most people, his opinion is probably based on recent history. Here's the history of HD's recent 9 year playoff run. It's 8 by my count, but HD55 said 9 so it must be right. Anyway, not much difference in 8 or 9. And there really isn't much difference in the results, lost (usually bad) in the first round.

2011 - did not make playoffs
2010 - lost to Normangee 42-14
2009 - lost to Lovelady 48-6 (i think that's more than 40. LL lost next round)
2008 - lost to Mart 28-0
2007 - lost to Groveton 48-27 (Groveton lost next round)
2006 - lost to Groveton 45-34 (Groveton lost 50-7 next round)
2005 - lost to Iola 40-14 (yep, that Iola, the one HD is way better than. Irony anyone?)
2004 - lost to Normangee (38-6 i think, but the uil website has the wrong bracket up)
2003 - lost to Timpson 26-12
2002 - did not make playoffs

*note - none of the teams HD lost to won state. not that it makes any difference if you lose by 30 to the eventual state champion or a team that loses the next round

LOL! This clown wrote an essay. lol! Anytime a team gets blown out by 50 points all season, I want to know how they are District Champs the next season. Most people do. Yes you are right, we last won a playoff game in 1998. That still does not make us a bottom feeder like the other teams in our District. None of the teams in our District have over 520 wins and near as many District Championships as we have. Glad to see you let some of that HD hatred out. Maybe one day Colmesneil will be on our level.  ;) ;D 8)

P.S. Sorry about the 70-14 thing. lol

not from colmesneil. don't care much about them or any of the other weak teams from that weak 1a district.

sorry to make you read so much. let me summarize. any team has a chance to win district next year. colmesneil has a new coach and some pretty good athletes, just like 2 other teams in that district. WH or HD are more likely to win the district in my opinion, but that's just my opinion. I don't know much about Iola, but I know they beat HD the last time they played. They have been in tougher districts lately. Realignment might be just what they need to get things going.

Recent history indicates that these teams aren't likely to have success past district. I posted scores for HD's games. I could have posted the scores for WH. I think it's 6 or 7 first game losses. Most of them very lopsided except last year and one year against West Sabine. Colmesneil only has 1 playoff appearance in that span I think, and they lost a close one. Iola has had a little more success, but not much. 

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1233351" timestamp="1340981426"]
[quote author=Joharr73 link=topic=100758.msg1233297#msg1233297 date=1340926645]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Cody Walsh Junior RB Colmesneil: 5'10 180lbs 4.7 40YD: 1,600 rushing yards last season.
[/quote]
What makes it even more impressive is he did it in 9 games because after he played SA he had a negative total.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1233349" timestamp="1340980725"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=100758.msg1233305#msg1233305 date=1340933941]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=100758.msg1233298#msg1233298 date=1340928096]
[/quote]
[/quote]You got one thing right, H-D is not a bottom feeder. H-D is one of the winningest teams in SE Texas with over 530 victories and almost always wins district and makes playoffs. We had 9 straight playoff appearances before last year. And H-D has not and will not get beat by 40 points in playoffs.
[/quote]
They will definitely make the playoffs again this year because three teams have to go. If they play District 10 they will get beat by more than 40. Alto or SA will run them straight off the field. I am not sure why you would make such a proclamation as they were stomped in similar fashion last year by much weaker teams.

Bobcat, the only reason HD doesn't get blasted by more than 40 points in the playoffs is simply because coaches call off the dogs. For example, in 2010 HD played Normangee in the first round...........the score was 34-7 at halftime..............we called the dogs off at half time.................we could have easily put 60 on HD.

[quote name="CodyLB34" post="1233384" timestamp="1340994539"]
Bobcat, the only reason HD doesn't get blasted by more than 40 points in the playoffs is simply because coaches call off the dogs. For example, in 2010 HD played Normangee in the first round...........the score was 34-7 at halftime..............we called the dogs off at half time.................we could have easily put 60 on HD.
[/quote]You better unleash a few more dogs this year! H-D is back, it ain't 2010 pahtner!

I'm not going to argue with recent history because HD has not been impressive at all in the playoffs as of late. With that being said..... This is a whole new Bobcat team that will be out there this year. Don't be surprised if HD doesn't shock a bunch of folks this year and the next few years to come. In the last 20 years, HD teams that went up against Groveton, Alto, Mart etc. were beat before they walked on the field. There was the intimidation factor that HD used to have back in the old days. This new group of Bobcats lead by Coach Finney won't be intimidated. It doesn't matter if it's Alto, San Augustine, Mart or whoever.... especially Normangee... that lines up on the other side of the ball, they feel like they are gonna win no matter what. I know a bunch of people are gonna chime in and say that athletes win games, which is true, but attitude and confidence go just as far. HD starts off the season with a few games against some 2A schools (Hardin, Koutze, and Groveton) before taking on Lovelady in week 3. Watch how HD performs in those first few games and we'll see what everyone is saying at that point. 

Oh and as far as HD's district, it is very weak. Three of the four teams have new coaches, three of the four teams had losing records last year, and the obvious one is there is only four teams in the district period. The Bobcats are gonna slaughter this district.

Coach Finney is a good coach and will do a great job in HD. I definatley expect them to make the playoffs and be much improved over last year. They will have a diferent attitude and they may well beat teams that they haven't in the past. I am not in the area anymore so I wont see them or Normangee play for that matter, as I'm more north now. But I think HD will do well this year and expect them to be a much more disciplined team than in recent years.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1233367" timestamp="1340985427"]
LOL! This clown wrote an essay. lol! Anytime a team gets blown out by 50 points all season, I want to know how they are District Champs the next season. Most people do. Yes you are right, we last won a playoff game in 1998. That still does not make us a bottom feeder like the other teams in our District. [b]None of the teams in our District have over 520 wins and near as many District Championships as we have[/b]. Glad to see you let some of that HD hatred out. Maybe one day Colmesneil will be on our level.  ;) ;D 8)

[/quote]

I don't have a dog in this fight. (no pun intended) But you talk about district championships like theyre state championships. We went undfeated in district and shut out a few of our district opponents back in 2009 with mostly sophomore and junior starters in one of the toughest 5a (big boy football) districts in the state and eliminated the state's #4 ranked team in the 2nd round of the playoffs (being 1 and done is unacceptable at West Brook) , who went to the state championship the previous year but it does not matter because we didnt win state.

In other words, what I'm saying is you shouldn't brag about district championship like they're state championships. Because outside of the district, they dont matter.

[quote name="CodyLB34" post="1233395" timestamp="1340999014"]
Coach Finney is a good coach and will do a great job in HD. I definatley expect them to make the playoffs and be much improved over last year. They will have a diferent attitude and they may well beat teams that they haven't in the past. I am not in the area anymore so I wont see them or Normangee play for that matter, as I'm more north now. But I think HD will do well this year and expect them to be a much more disciplined team than in recent years.
[/quote]

Thanks for the support. I know it's still June, but things are different in Bobcat land. Only time will tell and we shall see come Friday nights this fall.

[quote name="wbfan" post="1233396" timestamp="1340999750"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100758.msg1233367#msg1233367 date=1340985427]
LOL! This clown wrote an essay. lol! Anytime a team gets blown out by 50 points all season, I want to know how they are District Champs the next season. Most people do. Yes you are right, we last won a playoff game in 1998. That still does not make us a bottom feeder like the other teams in our District. [b]None of the teams in our District have over 520 wins and near as many District Championships as we have[/b]. Glad to see you let some of that HD hatred out. Maybe one day Colmesneil will be on our level.  ;) ;D 8)

[/quote]

I don't have a dog in this fight. (no pun intended) But you talk about district championships like theyre state championships. We went undfeated in district and shut out a few of our district opponents back in 2009 with mostly sophomore and junior starters in one of the toughest 5a (big boy football) districts in the state and eliminated the state's #4 ranked team in the 2nd round of the playoffs (being 1 and done is unacceptable at West Brook) , who went to the state championship the previous year but it does not matter because we didnt win state.

In other words, what I'm saying is you shouldn't brag about district championship like they're state championships. Because outside of the district, they dont matter.
[/quote]I agree. Was just saying we are not bottom feeders, and to win alot of games is good. I agree State Championship or bust. Baby steps, win District, win playoffs and win State.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1233426" timestamp="1341012045"]
[quote author=wbfan link=topic=100758.msg1233396#msg1233396 date=1340999750]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100758.msg1233367#msg1233367 date=1340985427]

[/quote]

[/quote]I agree. Was just saying we are not bottom feeders, and to win alot of games is good. I agree State Championship or bust. Baby steps, win District, win playoffs and win State.
[/quote]
When is the last time HD beat a team other than the horrible SETX 1A teams? HD has only had winning seasons because they have been playing the likes of High Island, West Hardin, Warren, Kountze, Sabine Pass, etc. I didnt realize exactly how bad it was till I just went and looked at your record from 2004 till 2011.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1233429" timestamp="1341015704"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100758.msg1233426#msg1233426 date=1341012045]

[/quote]

[/quote]
When is the last time HD beat a team other than the horrible SETX 1A teams? HD has only had winning seasons because they have been playing the likes of High Island, West Hardin, Warren, Kountze, Sabine Pass, etc. I didnt realize exactly how bad it was till I just went and looked at your record from 2004 till 2011.
[/quote]We have not always played those schools. When I played in the 90's we beat schools that were bigger than us in classification, like Anahauc, Splendora and Shepherd. You play were they put you. With 527 victories HD is one of the winningest schools in Texas. Huffman has won a whopping 172 games. Glad we good donate the Harrell boys to help yall finally win some games. I remember when Huffman couldn't buy a victory. HD has won 63% of their games, Huffman has won 43% of their games. Yall just don't have the winning tradition.

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1882&S=2011&GUID=3801800013

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1611&S=1979&GUID=6529022455

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1233437" timestamp="1341024574"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=100758.msg1233429#msg1233429 date=1341015704]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100758.msg1233426#msg1233426 date=1341012045]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]We have not always played those schools. When I played in the 90's we beat schools that were bigger than us in classification, like Anahauc, Splendora and Shepherd. You play were they put you. With 527 victories HD is one of the winningest schools in Texas. Huffman has won a whopping 172 games. Glad we good donate the Harrell boys to help yall finally win some games. I remember when Huffman couldn't buy a victory. HD has won 63% of their games, Huffman has won 43% of their games. Yall just don't have the winning tradition.

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1882&S=2011&GUID=3801800013

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?action=schedule&T=1611&S=1979&GUID=6529022455
[/quote]
Your current tradition is to be stomped by nearly every team you play routinely giving up 40-60 points. The level of play and the athletic level is so low that your good players move to superior programs if they are able.

[quote name="wbfan" post="1233396" timestamp="1340999750"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think District Championships are very important. It brings (should) a lot of pride to schools when they win a lot of district championships.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1233458" timestamp="1341064115"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100758.msg1233437#msg1233437 date=1341024574]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=100758.msg1233429#msg1233429 date=1341015704]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Your current tradition is to be stomped by nearly every team you play routinely giving up 40-60 points. The level of play and the athletic level is so low that your good players move to superior programs if they are able.
[/quote]Routinely? Negative, do some more research, we ain't Colmesneil, HighIsland or Sabine Pass. You face the H-D Bobcats, you get hit in the mouth! I really hope Huffman can have their 10th winning season since 1970. LMAO Embarrassing!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder