PNG Turf Update

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1227851" timestamp="1338558587"]
Yes, thwy did.  Hellas.
[/quote]

Translation please. 8)

Glad to see the school board do what is neccessary to make sure our boys play on a good surface! Just hope this heavier duty nylon is what it is cracked up to be. I find it hard to believe that after only a handful of years the surface is going to poo poo! To quick if you ask me!.wonder how memorials field is holding up ?

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1227873" timestamp="1338561468"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=100329.msg1227851#msg1227851 date=1338558587]
Yes, thwy did.  Hellas.
[/quote]

Translation please. 8)
[/quote]I'm sorry.  I was doing this on a cell phone.  the turf company is called 'Hellis'.  They did PN-G, Memorial, and  BISD.

The surface at PN-G looks and feels different than PAM, BISD and Lamar. PAM feels different from all of them even though BISD and Lamar used the same company. Hellas Matrix turf is what you find in Cowboys Stadium and is a much better product in my opinion than FieldTurf. Lamar University practices on theirs all the time so it really doesn't have much do with overuse. There are a batch of bad fields that were built around the same time that are failing. FieldTurf is blaming the nylon fiber company and of course the schools are blaming FieldTurf. Better to move on to a better product and let the lawyers figure it out.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1228524" timestamp="1338871746"]
The "turf" at Nederland is holding up quite well. A little rain every now and then and we are set. The way football should be played. ;)
[/quote] It appears the majority of NISD voters wouldn't have it any other way!  ;)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1228524" timestamp="1338871746"]
The "turf" at Nederland is holding up quite well. A little rain every now and then and we are set. The way football should be played. ;)
[/quote]

Cool. How about the rest of the school district? ;) ;D

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1228580" timestamp="1338908372"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=100329.msg1228524#msg1228524 date=1338871746]
[/quote]

Cool. How about the rest of the district? ;) ;D
[/quote]

OOOHHHH ME ME ME ME !  I can answer that, they all suck.  ;D ;D

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1228580" timestamp="1338908372"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought this was about the turf, oh, I forgot yall have morning classes on the turf - singing cherokee and practing the "I"  (we all know what that stands for 8)...

most from Nederland know why the turf is not holding up..... ;)

And thanks for reminding us  pngbkid  that fb season is just around the corner....i guess now if Ned beats Png(on their own turf), it'll be the turf's shortcomings, better than hearing png's excuse, "oh, we just ran out of time." 

then, the next thing malfunctioning at Cherokee Station, will be the clocks on the scoreboard.....

oh, the fun we will have.....

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1229091" timestamp="1339031355"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=100329.msg1228580#msg1228580 date=1338908372]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought this was about the turf, oh, I forgot yall have morning classes on the turf - singing cherokee and practing the "I"  (we all know what that stands for 8)...

And thanks for reminding us  pngbkid  that fb season is just around the corner....i guess now if Ned beats Png(on their own turf), it'll be the turf's shortcomings, better than hearing png's excuse, "oh, we just ran out of time." 

then, the next thing malfunctioning at Cherokee Station, will be the clocks on the scoreboard.....

[/quote]

At least our kids will come back to a school with central air and heat. You know, because our fans and community are willing to make sure we get new buildings every four decades or so.... ;)

You know, I didn't think about until just now, but I guess by today's standards, NHS really [i]is[/i] a doghouse. ;D

[quote name="Razor" post="1229098" timestamp="1339036388"]
And yet, you still can't seem to have much success against us.  ;)
[/quote]

Academically? Twelve consecutive district titles says it all.

Athletically? I believe we have overall winning records against Nederland in every sport except boys' and girls' basketball, track and possibly boys' soccer (it'd be very close either way). I know we have winning records in football, volleyball and softball and our boys' golf team (which made it to state this year) has been unmatched for several seasons. Baseball is admittedly a question mark after the last few seasons but I believe the record does favor PN-G overall.

In the performing arts? Our choir has nine consecutive "Outstanding" ratings at the state competition in San Antonio to its name and our band has been to the state marching competiton numerous times while Nederland's has yet to go once.

And I know you're not talking about fan bases. ;)

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1229095" timestamp="1339035351"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=100329.msg1229091#msg1229091 date=1339031355]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=100329.msg1228580#msg1228580 date=1338908372]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At least our kids will come back to a school with central air and heat. [glow=red,2,300]You know, because our fans and community are willing to make sure we get new buildings every four decades or so.... ;)[/glow]You know, I didn't think about until just now, but I guess by today's standards, NHS really [i]is[/i] a doghouse. ;D
[/quote]I promise you all Big Ned fans did not vote that way...I would have paid the little extra for my kids to have what they need in the schools...But back to the turf ;)

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1229122" timestamp="1339064508"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=100329.msg1229095#msg1229095 date=1339035351]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=100329.msg1229091#msg1229091 date=1339031355]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At least our kids will come back to a school with central air and heat. [glow=red,2,300]You know, because our fans and community are willing to make sure we get new buildings every four decades or so.... ;)[/glow]You know, I didn't think about until just now, but I guess by today's standards, NHS really [i]is[/i] a doghouse. ;D
[/quote]I promise you all Big Ned fans did not vote that way...I would have paid the little extra for my kids to have what they need in the schools...But back to the turf ;)
[/quote]

Honestly, I feel pretty confident that Ned's bond would have passed in 2008 if it weren't for the recession. I think y'all just had really bad timing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder