Who recruits more players? Nederland, HJ, or Yates?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1244577" timestamp="1344885249"]
I would go as far as to say that Yates has more accomplished Alumni than HJ! I bet Yates would own HJ in all sports! Maybe not golf, go cart racing, or watermelon seed spitting but the sports that count.
[/quote]

More accomplished?  In sports- likely  In life- NOT A CHANCE

By the way Santa, are the sports that count the ones that you consider important?  MAYBE not golf- not tennis- not baseball- not swimming-not cross country

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1244570" timestamp="1344884331"]
I do know quiet a few successful Yates garaduates that would beg to differ. My sister in law went to Yates and is the head home claims for Farmers in the state of Texas. Maybe she is the only one. IDK
[/quote]

There are successes from every walk of life.  Your example does NOT speak about the overall graduating class.  The 91 HJ basketball graduating class includes an Orthopaedic Surgeon, a Superintendent of Schools, an individual in the hierarchy of the UIL, the owner of a very successful internet business, two  successful high school basketball coaches, an assistant superintendent of schools, and an assistant principal.  I seriously doubt there is a graduating class from Yates basketball that would compare favorably.

SteveNash, you might wanna dig a bit deeper. 3 out of the 4 major Insurance companies in Texas are headed by Yates graduates. Vincent and Elkins Law Firm has 2 Yates graduated and yes there are countless nurses in Herman and Memorial who have Yates degrees. I actually know a surgeon named Blake Powell who is a seogon at Herman Memorial 610. With all the Ytes bashing, they have some very very distinguish alumni. HJ couldn't been compare. Maybe the current issues with there schooling has been down, but over the last 30 years, they have some very very successful alumni. Most have nothing to do with sports.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1244590" timestamp="1344886152"]
SteveNash, you might wanna dig a bit deeper. 3 out of the 4 major Insurance companies in Texas are headed by Yates graduates. Vincent and Elkins Law Firm has 2 Yates graduated and yes there are countless nurses in Herman and Memorial who have Yates degrees. I actually know a surgeon named Blake Powell who is a seogon at Herman Memorial 610. With all the Ytes bashing, they have some very very distinguish alumni. HJ couldn't been compare. Maybe the current issues with there schooling has been down, but over the last 30 years, they have some very very successful alumni. Most have nothing to do with sports.
[/quote]

Then if you are so sure of yourself, lets find out what percentage of students dropped out of the respective .  I dispute your claim about Yates graduates running three of the four major insurance companies in Texas.  Give me their names and the companies that they run and let me verify that myself.  First thing that comes to mind is that none of the major insurance companies is headquartered in Texas.  One more thing, every doctor I ever wanted to know anything about is easily found on the internet.  Dr. Blake Powell of Houston is nowhere to be found

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1244625" timestamp="1344889131"]
Yes he is dude! The funny this is all major insurance companies have a Regional Headquarters in either Dallas, Austin, or Houston.
[/quote]

Working at a regional headquarters is not running the company.  Give me the names of the three people running 3 of the 4.  I am pretty sure that even at the regional level, they are not being run by Yates Grads.  And why was I unable to get Mr. Powell at Herman Memorial?

I don't really think you wanna compare Yates ' grads with HJ Stevie. I on't think you know enough of the history for the school. But I was only referring to basketball, since this is a basketball forum. 1. How many[color=red] HIGH MAJOR[/color] D1 grads have come from HJ & graduated?

2. How many low/mid majors from HJ'S program vs Yates' program?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1244647" timestamp="1344892723"]
I don't really think you wanna compare Yates ' grads with HJ Stevie. I on't think you know enough of the history for the school. But I was only referring to basketball, since this is a basketball forum. 1. How many[color=red] HIGH MAJOR[/color] D1 grads have come from HJ & graduated?

[/quote]

I dont know of any HJ grads that played Major d-1 ball.  Now, please tell me all of the Yates grads who played major d-1 ball and got their four year degree.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1244646" timestamp="1344892622"]
I'm willing to bet there are more Tigers with college degrees than Hawks. Let's make this conversation closer to home.
[/quote]

In absolute terms, there ought to be since Silsbee is considerably bigger.  I am sure there are considerably more dropouts at Silsbee as well.  Of course, the only equitable way to make the comparison would be relative numbers rather than absolute.  If we ask a question like this:  What percentage of HJ seniors over the last five years or perhaps ten years, have a college degree as compared to Silsbee?  My guess is that HJ will compare quite favorably.

I would beg to differ SteveNash. Silsbee has had quit a few kid get degrees from Lamar, Texas, PVAMU, TSU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma St., Sam Houston, SFA, and several other small schools. I can guarantee we have twice as many graduate from college as HJ. I'm willing to money where my mouth is on this. HJ graduates 95 to 100 students per year. Silsbee graduates 175-225. Not saying HJ students don't get degrees, but I will say a higher percentage of Tigers get degrees than Hawks!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1244706" timestamp="1344907486"]
Silsbee gets more athletic scholarships than HJ get academic sholarships!
[/quote]

I think you are right.  I would venture to guess, however, that the HJ academic scholarship people have a much larger percentage of college completion than the Tiger athletic scholarship people.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1244742" timestamp="1344912467"]
Not so sure about that! Not every Tiger scholarship goes to football or basketball.
[/quote]

It doesnt take a brain surgeon to understand that academic excellence is more readily achieved by those whose academics earned them the scholarship rather than a sport.  PLenty of athletes are unprepared for the academic challenges of college.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1244665" timestamp="1344894958"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100318.msg1244647#msg1244647 date=1344892723]

[/quote]

I dont know of any HJ grads that played Major d-1 ball.  Now, please tell me all of the Yates grads who played major d-1 ball and got their four year degree.
[/quote] Answered that already!!! Anthony Jones just grad from Baylor  ;) Got more for you, but obviously there is no need.......

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1244705" timestamp="1344907411"]
I would beg to differ SteveNash. Silsbee has had quit a few kid get degrees from Lamar, Texas, PVAMU, TSU, Texas Tech, Oklahoma St., Sam Houston, SFA, and several other small schools. I can guarantee we have twice as many graduate from college as HJ. I'm willing to money where my mouth is on this. HJ graduates 95 to 100 students per year. Silsbee graduates 175-225. Not saying HJ students don't get degrees, but I will say a higher percentage of Tigers get degrees than Hawks!
[/quote]

Well, Santa, you have done it again - the old "Foot in month" move that you always end up performing.  You may have been on solid ground if you would have stuck with pure number of degrees by Silsbee over Hardin-Jefferson (although, I doubt that too), but when you put the percentage thingy in there you lost your argument.  No way does Silsbee have a [u][b]greater percentage[/b][/u] of it's students get college degrees than does Hardin-Jefferson.  Stick to sales; mathmatics is not your long suite.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1244705" timestamp="1344907411"]
[/quote]

You are willing to put your money where your mouth is?  Seems like I heard that before in our "golf discussions".

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1244645" timestamp="1344892568"]
Nash if you got time to call the hospital looking for a doctor, either your job is too laid back or you need something better to do. The names are Stacey Samuels, Adam Bell, and Grace Phillips. So do you think HJ has more successful graduates than say.....Silsbee?
[/quote]

And please name the insurance company "being run" by the names you just provided.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont