Who recruits more players? Nederland, HJ, or Yates?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229890" timestamp="1339435308"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229884#msg1229884 date=1339433912]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100318.msg1229883#msg1229883 date=1339432978]
Yes, Rodney Saveat did that.  And I firmly believe he was telling the honest to God truth. Is he unreal, too?
[/quote]
No, just some of you on here...Ridiculous to even SUGGEST that the kid in question did not transfer to HJ to play basketball...And the sad thing is YOU KNOW IT TOO.. :o
[/quote]

That is exactly what Rodney Saveat did when he signed off on that PAPF form, is he ricidulous, too?

Look, as most H-J folks could tell you, I could give a rat's end about them.  In fact, most of these, folks, Nash included, would probably rather shoot me than see me get anywhere near the city limits of Sour Lake.  But the facts are there.  There is a completed PAPF form saying the young man did not transfer for athletic purposes which was sufficient for 21-3A to make a finding that he did not transfer and thus could play varsity immediately.  I also know about the lengths that HJISD went to confirm to themselves, as well as everyone else that this was not a sham transfer.

If you want to ease your conscience about the goings on at Yates, where AT LEAST two students had to sit out after they opted to transfer to a school whose rating is unacceptable and is outside of their home attendance zone AND IN FACT THIS DAY IS STILL OUT OF THEIR ATTENDANCE ZONE, an act deemed sufficiently worrisome that the UIL dictates they must forfeit 1/4 of their available high school eligibility, then you need to find another example.
[/quote]
Thats not my point...What has been going on at Yates is VERY SIMILAR to what has gone on at HJ..A kid wanted to transfer to their high profile basketball program and THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE TO DO....NOthing has been done ILLEGALLY, but don't pretend like that was not the ACTUAL (and I know Rodney signed off on it, for the 100th time) REASON...He went to HJ to play basketball...THATS IT.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229886" timestamp="1339434534"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100318.msg1229885#msg1229885 date=1339434125]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229884#msg1229884 date=1339433912]
Yes, Rodney Saveat did that.  And I firmly believe he was telling the honest to God truth. Is he unreal, too?
[/quote]
No, just some of you on here...Ridiculous to even SUGGEST that the kid in question did not transfer to HJ to play basketball...And the sad thing is YOU KNOW IT TOO.. :o
[/quote]

It's funny that you "know" about that( hj transfer) but you dont seem to "know" about the 41 applicants whom you believe "might" be coming to Yates for communications.  You look pretty silly here D.V.
[/quote]
No I look like I am calling it as it IS, unlike you who wants HJ to continue to be perceived as the "purest" program in the UIL....Thats ridiculous...People know who I am, and its not silly to call it as it is...That kid transferred to HJ to play basketball..Its just that simple.  The 41 kids that are transfering to Yates, we j=have no idea who they are and why they are coming..You people with your "mob mentality" has turned it into a crusade to discredit Yates...I hope they play your HJ team next year and beat the brakes off of them!...What will you say then? they had 41 transfers that all came on the Yates varsity in 2012-13? You people are something else... ::)
[/quote]

Get OVER yourself.  You can sit there and simultaneously DECLARE that one kid came to HJ for basketball but you have NO IDEA what the 41 ( Yes, FORTY ONE) are coming to Yates for  even though they have all filled out prior athletic participation forms?  Do you HONESTLY BELIEVE that anyone reading this thread is not laughing their A$$ off at you?  If we play Yates and they "beat the brakes" off of us, I will say probably what I always say when we lose.  Just be sure that the reverse never happens because if and when it does, you will never hear the end of it.  But then again, who would expect a school with 400 or 500 students to compete against a school twice that size whose enrollment is dwindling but has 41 freshman applicants for " communications excellence"? (and you brag on yourself about "calling things as they ARE")

In regards to transfers, comparing HJ to Yates is utterly ridiculous.

I do find it strange that Yates' enrollment is down to 3A level yet get 41 transfers to an unacceptable rated school.

BTW DV, those 41 transfers are a fact and they all are awaiting the ruling on their athletic status, not their "communications" status.

Magnet school or not, Yates has an unacceptable rating and anyone transferring to that school without moving into the school zone should have their athletic status questioned.

As for Johnson who transferred to HJ, his form was signed off on by BISD and his family moved to Sour lake. Case closed.

No, it is not similar.  Other than your "perspective" that you talk about, you have no proof, no facts, NOTHING to refute the facts that have been put forth here.

Yet in the same breath, you expect us all to accept, in blind faith, that something is not amiss in just a few miles away from where I went to graduate school.  When the facts, kids having to sit out a year, PAPF forms that equal 4% of the student population an what not.

You funny!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229886" timestamp="1339434534"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100318.msg1229885#msg1229885 date=1339434125]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It's funny that you "know" about that( hj transfer) but you dont seem to "know" about the 41 applicants whom you believe "might" be coming to Yates for communications.  You look pretty silly here D.V.
[/quote]
No I look like I am calling it as it IS, unlike you who wants HJ to continue to be perceived as the "purest" program in the UIL....Thats ridiculous...People know who I am, and its not silly to call it as it is...That kid transferred to HJ to play basketball..Its just that simple.  The 41 kids that are transfering to Yates, we j=have no idea who they are and why they are coming..You people with your "mob mentality" has turned it into a crusade to discredit Yates...I hope they play your HJ team next year and beat the brakes off of them!...What will you say then? they had 41 transfers that all came on the Yates varsity in 2012-13? You people are something else... ::)
[/quote] ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1229896" timestamp="1339435987"]

I do find it strange that Yates' enrollment is down to 3A level yet get 41 transfers to an unacceptable rated school.

BTW DV, those 41 transfers are a fact and they all are awaiting the ruling on their athletic status, not their "communications" status.

Magnet school or not, Yates has an unacceptable rating and anyone transferring to that school without moving into the school zone should have their athletic status questioned.

As for Johnson who transferred to HJ, his form was signed off on by BISD and his family moved to Sour lake. Case closed.
[/quote]
41 basketball players? I seriously doubt that its even for a FOURTH of that number...Seriously doubt it...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229901" timestamp="1339436553"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=100318.msg1229896#msg1229896 date=1339435987]

[/quote]
41 basketball players? I seriously doubt that its even for a FOURTH of that number...Seriously doubt it...
[/quote]

Why? Because you know better?

Please go ahead and tell us this:  Since basketball is not the reason for those 41, what athletic program is it that would attract a student to move to an academically unacceptable school with a declining enrollment?  I think this is the point where you normally say, "go ahead, I will wait"

Guys!  Are you kidding me?  Back home, the school who recruited the best ran the table but it never guaranteed a championship.  Despite all of the recruiting that Yates supposedly did, THEY DID NOT WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP this year...The other team that recruited won the state championship (LOL)...'Quite Frankly' real ball players that do not shy away from competition, want to be on teams that Win.  There is a simple recruiting philosophy for all of this rhetoric that the University of Missouri alum believe:  [b]Just Win and They Will Come[/b].  Successful programs (i.e. Katy Tigers football), will have families that move in from out of state just to be a part of the winning tradition.  The days of neighborhood talent winning big in the upper classification levels (4A-5A) are over.  Most teams that win a championship will have a transfer, a move-in, or have their AAU team all enroll at the same school.  Transfers usually happen at the basketball tradition schools because ball players/parents want to be a part of winning programs.  The other transfer scenario is having a ball player who doesn't play at one school and wants to move to another school where he can get some playing time.     

[quote name="Steven_A_Smith" post="1229917" timestamp="1339440423"]
Guys!  Are you kidding me?  Back home, the school who recruited the best ran the table but it never guaranteed a championship.  Despite all of the recruiting that Yates supposedly did, THEY DID NOT WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP this year...The other team that recruited won the state championship (LOL)...'Quite Frankly' real ball players that do not shy away from competition, want to be on teams that Win.  There is a simple recruiting philosophy for all of this rhetoric that the University of Missouri alum believe:  [b]Just Win and They Will Come[/b].  Successful programs (i.e. Katy Tigers football), will have families that move in from out of
state just to be a part of the winning tradition.  The days of neighborhood talent winning big in the upper classification levels (4A-5A) are over.  Most teams that win a championship will have a transfer, a move-in, or have their AAU team all enroll at the same school.  Transfers usually happen at the basketball tradition schools because ball players/parents want to be a part of winning programs.  The other transfer scenario is having a ball player who doesn't play at one school and wants to move to another school where he can get some playing time.   
[/quote]
Well, then maybe we should allow HS recruiting, and give them a HS scholarship to attend the HS who recruits them the most and whichever program they feel can win. Oh wait, that sounds like college. Since that's what college is for, then we should allow College kids to receive a salary and sign contracts with agents for 4 years with signing bonuses (for the elite players) while they play for a University. Since that's what professional athletes do, then....  :-\

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1229935" timestamp="1339447246"]
I was reading in the paper yesterday how the high school rodeo guys win prize money in their competitions AND ALLOWED TO KEEP IT!!  ;) tHINGS THAT MAKE YOU ...HMMM?
[/quote]

Rodeo is not a uil sport so the uil rules do not apply to them. It's the same thing as an AG student selling thier animal or an art student winning prize money for thier work.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1229937" timestamp="1339448233"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100318.msg1229935#msg1229935 date=1339447246]
I was reading in the paper yesterday how the high school rodeo guys win prize money in their competitions AND ALLOWED TO KEEP IT!!  ;) tHINGS THAT MAKE YOU ...HMMM?
[/quote]

Rodeo is not a uil sport so the uil rules do not apply to them. It's the same thing as an AG student selling thier animal or an art student winning prize money for thier work.
[/quote] You are absolutely correct. And the AG example was right on time ;) Make you wonder why some things are the way they are  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1229942" timestamp="1339449962"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=100318.msg1229937#msg1229937 date=1339448233]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100318.msg1229935#msg1229935 date=1339447246]
[/quote]

[/quote] You are absolutely correct. And the AG example was right on time ;) Make you wonder why some things are the way they are  ;)
[/quote]
Seriously BD? You do know that the school district does NOT supply/purchase the animals, right? The kids (parents) purchase the animals, buy food, medicine, provide land, etc while they grow. Then they present the animals. Some animals are purchased in which the top animals make a small profit. Most, however don't get purchased, and most kids barely break even when their animal is purchased. It's a way for these kids understand the trade in which they plan to make a career. It shows them that just bc you try does not mean you will make a profit. Only the best are recognized and awarded. These animals then produce more animals for us to consume.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1229942" timestamp="1339449962"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=100318.msg1229937#msg1229937 date=1339448233]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What does AG have to do with uil sports? Those are independent competitions. Are saying that high schools students shouldn't be able to win prize money in any competition?

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1229948" timestamp="1339451389"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100318.msg1229942#msg1229942 date=1339449962]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What does AG have to do with uil sports? Those are independent competitions. Are saying that high schools students shouldn't be able to win prize money in any competition?
[/quote]
He has no clue, or he would have never posted it in the 1st place

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1229944" timestamp="1339450723"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100318.msg1229942#msg1229942 date=1339449962]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Seriously BD? You do know that the school district does NOT supply/purchase the animals, right? The kids (parents) purchase the animals, buy food, medicine, provide land, etc while they grow. Then they present the animals. Some animals are purchased in which the top animals make a small profit. Most, however don't get purchased, and most kids barely break even when their animal is purchased. It's a way for these kids understand the trade in which they plan to make a career. It shows them that just bc you try does not mean you will make a profit. Only the best are recognized and awarded. These animals then produce more animals for us to consume.
[/quote]

I'll bet he thinks this type of activity should be run by the Federal Government.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229988" timestamp="1339464452"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=100318.msg1229944#msg1229944 date=1339450723]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'll bet he thinks this type of activity should be run by the Federal Government.
[/quote]

We already got the Dept. of Agriculture...all we need is a 4H/FFA/Rodeo Czar!

This is obviously an under-regulated area if these young folks are allowed to make a profit!

[quote name="LumRaiderFan" post="1230011" timestamp="1339469156"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100318.msg1230007#msg1230007 date=1339468751]
You might recall that they came VERY close to it a couple of months back.
[/quote]

The lemonade stand regulations?
[/quote]

Remember the now abandoned attempt to regulate the work that kids did on farms?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="team first" post="1229979" timestamp="1339462367"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=100318.msg1229948#msg1229948 date=1339451389]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

C'mon Guys!  Dove having lived in the Hamshire-Fannett
area (maybe still lives there) not being knowledgeable about agriculture and rodeo - how could that be? :D

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1230038" timestamp="1339503623"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=100318.msg1229979#msg1229979 date=1339462367]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=100318.msg1229948#msg1229948 date=1339451389]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

C'mon Guys!  Dove having lived in the Hamshire-Fannett
area (maybe still lives there) not being knowledgeable about agriculture and rodeo - how could that be? :D
[/quote]

Dove may actually be a rancher in disguise

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83