Who recruits more players? Nederland, HJ, or Yates?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229832" timestamp="1339423257"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229825#msg1229825 date=1339422564]
There is no way that you can believe that 41 kids are transferring into Yates to play basketball...No way...However I know of one that transferred into Hardin Jefferson FOR SURE to play on their basketball team...You wanna dispute that? ::)
[/quote]

You dont "know" nearly what you think you know.  Until you attended the HJ Silsbee game, you weren't even aware that the kid had transferred to HJ.  You also had no idea there were 41 kids trying to transfer in to Yates  and apparently you dont "know" that the 41 forms are related to prior athletic participation.  Therefore, I am not, nor have I ever been, intimidated by what you "know" and what you "see".  Once again, how utterly ridiculous for you to compare 41 CURRENT TRANSFERS to 1 over 5 years.  But keep it up, because sooner or later you may convince YOURSELF (and only yourself ) that there is the slightest bit of relevance between the two. 
[/quote]
Oh, but there IS relevance here...You tell me that the kid transferred to HJ for academic purposes (with a straight face, of course) and I will call you a liar to your face...And if he did, SO WHAT...It happens...Thats my point...But you wanna pretend that Hardin Jefferson ALWAYS has kids that are "homegrown" and I am calling BS to that...HJ has a player that transferred there to be a part of a better basketball program than the one he was in....IS THAT NOT THE CASE?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229834" timestamp="1339423523"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100318.msg1229832#msg1229832 date=1339423257]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229825#msg1229825 date=1339422564]
There is no way that you can believe that 41 kids are transferring into Yates to play basketball...No way...However I know of one that transferred into Hardin Jefferson FOR SURE to play on their basketball team...You wanna dispute that? ::)
[/quote]

You dont "know" nearly what you think you know.  Until you attended the HJ Silsbee game, you weren't even aware that the kid had transferred to HJ.  You also had no idea there were 41 kids trying to transfer in to Yates  and apparently you dont "know" that the 41 forms are related to prior athletic participation.  Therefore, I am not, nor have I ever been, intimidated by what you "know" and what you "see".  Once again, how utterly ridiculous for you to compare 41 CURRENT TRANSFERS to 1 over 5 years.  But keep it up, because sooner or later you may convince YOURSELF (and only yourself ) that there is the slightest bit of relevance between the two. 
[/quote]
Oh, but there IS relevance here...You tell me that the kid transferred to HJ for academic purposes (with a straight face, of course) and I will call you a liar to your face...And if he did, SO WHAT...It happens...Thats my point...But you wanna pretend that Hardin Jefferson ALWAYS has kids that are "homegrown" and I am calling BS to that...HJ has a player that transferred there to be a part of a better basketball program than the one he was in....IS THAT NOT THE CASE?
[/quote]

If that is the case, please tell me how that compares (reasonably, of course) to 41 in a single class in a single calendar year.  And while you are at it, please "lose" your suggestion that the majority of those 41 athletes are coming to participate in the storied football and baseball programs.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229834" timestamp="1339423523"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100318.msg1229832#msg1229832 date=1339423257]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

So you are calling Rodney Saveat a liar.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229838" timestamp="1339423683"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229834#msg1229834 date=1339423523]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Dickie- If you will say it to my face, why not to the face of Mr. Saveat?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229840" timestamp="1339423724"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100318.msg1229838#msg1229838 date=1339423683]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229834#msg1229834 date=1339423523]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on Dickie- If you will say it to my face, why not to the face of Mr. Saveat?
[/quote]
I think you expect the rest of us to suffer from amnesia or mental retardation when it comes to this....I am not calling Rodney a liar, I am saying that it was one of those "pick your battle" situations...He doesn't want to make kids suffer, by making an issue out of something so amall...If he wanted to leave and play at HJ, let him do so...but the REASON was still for BASKETBALL....You know it, I know it, and at the end of the day Savaet knows it too...Be thankful that he is about kids and not about being vindictive..

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229843" timestamp="1339423941"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100318.msg1229840#msg1229840 date=1339423724]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I think you expect the rest of us to suffer from amnesia or mental retardation when it comes to this....I am not calling Rodney a liar, I am saying that it was one of those "pick your battle" situations...He doesn't want to make kids suffer, by making an issue out of something so amall...If he wanted to leave and play at HJ, let him do so...but the REASON was still for BASKETBALL....You know it, I know it, and at the end of the day Savaet knows it too...Be thankful that he is about kids and not about being vindictive..
[/quote]

Rodney Saveat signed off on an official school and UIL document that this transfer was not for athletic reasons.  You are saying he did so knowing that the transfer was for athletic reasons.  That is saying he lied.  You can rationalize all you want but you just said that you would call anybody who said that a liar.  Please let me know when you set that meeting up with Mr. Saveat to do so, I would LOVE to hear his response.  Simply this, Rodney Saveat is a man of integrity who will lie for NO ONE and I don't believe he would deviate from that to allow a player from one of his 4A schools to go to a mid size (and that is generous) 3A school.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229846" timestamp="1339424472"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229843#msg1229843 date=1339423941]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100318.msg1229840#msg1229840 date=1339423724]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Rodney Saveat signed off on an official school and UIL document that this transfer was not for athletic reasons.  You are saying he did so knowing that the transfer was for athletic reasons.  That is saying he lied.  You can rationalize all you want but you just said that you would call anybody who said that a liar.  Please let me know when you set that meeting up with Mr. Saveat to do so, I would LOVE to hear his response.  Simply this, Rodney Saveat is a man of integrity who will lie for NO ONE and I don't believe he would deviate from that to allow a player from one of his 4A schools to go to a mid size (and that is generous) 3A school.
[/quote]
What was the reason then? Did his family move? NO...Were there any special circumstances? NO..Ohhh, he wanted to get a better education in an academically accepted school, right? NO, he could have gone to Westbrook or Ozen for that...I have known Rodney longer than you think, and I know that he is a man of integrity...I also know that he is an advocate for whats right for the kids involved...It simply would have hurt the kid to fight this thing....so he let him go..You CANNOT tell me that the TRUE reason for that kid wanting to transfer to HJ was due to him and his folks being unhappy with the Central basketball program...AND THAT IS OK....JUST STOP DENYING IT!

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229848" timestamp="1339424805"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100318.msg1229846#msg1229846 date=1339424472]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229843#msg1229843 date=1339423941]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
What was the reason then? Did his family move? NO...Were there any special circumstances? NO..Ohhh, he wanted to get a better education in an academically accepted school, right? NO, he could have gone to Westbrook or Ozen for that...I have known Rodney longer than you think, and I know that he is a man of integrity...I also know that he is an advocate for whats right for the kids involved...It simply would have hurt the kid to fight this thing....so he let him go..You CANNOT tell me that the TRUE reason for that kid wanting to transfer to HJ was due to him and his folks being unhappy with the Central basketball program...AND THAT IS OK....JUST STOP DENYING IT!
[/quote]

Actually, I know that HJISD through its highest officials (and I mean the highest of the high) CONFIRMED that the family did indeed move into Sour Lake, unlike the 2 who had to "sit out and play JV" for Yates.

You lose, insert quarter and try again.

Why move to Sour Lake? All of the jobs there? Yeah, ok....Get off of Yates' programs back, because you guys are FOUL in SE Texas for not admitting that this kid transferred to play basketball...VERY FOUL...And the sad part about it is that IT NOT NECESSARILY A BAD THING....It happens in good programs...Just stop DENYING and COVERING it up!! No one is "investigating" HJ, but just admit it... ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229853" timestamp="1339425463"]
Why move to Sour Lake? All of the jobs there? Yeah, ok....Get off of Yates' programs back, because you guys are FOUL in SE Texas for not admitting that this kid transferred to play basketball...VERY FOUL...And the sad part about it is that IT NOT NECESSARILY A BAD THING....It happens in good programs...Just stop DENYING and COVERING it up!! No one is "investigating" HJ, but just admit it... ::)
[/quote]

I cant admit something that I cant prove.  But you need to quit trying to justify 41 athletic transfers in a single year because 1 kid transferred to HJ over the last 5 years.  As for things "we all know", then you can also include that Yates has a basketball program that gets "enhanced" a lot more than any other area program and you cannot alter that fact.  As for the "why move to Sour Lake" some people tend to do that if they think it provides their children with better opportunities.  I would know that very well because it is exactly what I did many years ago in spite of the fact that I work in Beaumont.

[quote name="team first" post="1229860" timestamp="1339430145"]
Could have gone to west b, or ozen for a better education.
Dickie v you don't even believe that yourself
[/quote]
Why not? BOTH of those schools were academically acceptable or higher over the last 5 years...How is that so unreal to you, yet its ok for a kid to leave Central to go to HJ for "academic reasons"?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229861" timestamp="1339430175"]
Just as NO ONE knows why those 41 transfers (allegedly) are coming in to Yates..There IS a MAGNET SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATIONS over there...Could be another reaso other than basketball....Why did the kid come from Central to HJ? FFA program.. ::)
[/quote]

Nothing ALLEGEDLY about it.  There ARE currently 41 forms that Yates is dealing with.  Care to call me a liar about that also?  Compare the academic desireability of  Central, Westbrook, Yates and HJ.  You lose big time.  You find nothing  curious about a school losing enough students to be downgraded to 3-A and, at the same time, have 41 applicants in the freshman class dealing with a prior athletics participation form coming in from other schools.  Yeah, of course you don't.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229869" timestamp="1339431121"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229861#msg1229861 date=1339430175]
Just as NO ONE knows why those 41 transfers (allegedly) are coming in to Yates..There IS a MAGNET SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATIONS over there...Could be another reaso other than basketball....Why did the kid come from Central to HJ? FFA program.. ::)
[/quote]

Nothing ALLEGEDLY about it.  There ARE currently 41 forms that Yates is dealing with.  Care to call me a liar about that also?  Compare the academic desireability of  Central, Westbrook, Yates and HJ.  You lose big time.  You find nothing  curious about a school losing enough students to be downgraded to 3-A and, at the same time, have 41 applicants in the freshman class dealing with a prior athletics participation form coming in from other schools.  Yeah, of course you don't.
[/quote]

So the 41 applicants were all the fault of Coach Wise? I am not comparing the academic "prowess" of HJ to the others, i'm just saying that the transfer in question could have attended WESTBROOK or OZEN and received the same academic benefits that he has gotten at HJ...Now you are gonna sit here and tel me that he didn't go to your beloved school to play basketball?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229873" timestamp="1339431522"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100318.msg1229869#msg1229869 date=1339431121]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229861#msg1229861 date=1339430175]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So the 41 applicants were all the fault of Coach Wise? I am not comparing the academic "prowess" of HJ to the others, i'm just saying that the transfer in question could have attended WESTBROOK or OZEN and received the same academic benefits that he has gotten at HJ...Now you are gonna sit here and tel me that he didn't go to your beloved school to play basketball?
[/quote]

No, I am gonna allow Rodney Saveat do to that and in fact, he did!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229853" timestamp="1339425463"]
[/quote]

How in the world did PRESIDENT Obama miss getting you into his administration, somewhere?  Wait, let me
guess before you answer; he did want you to be czar of
BS but you turned him down. :D

[quote name="team first" post="1229860" timestamp="1339430145"]
Could have gone to west b, or ozen for a better education.
Dickie v you don't even believe that yourself
[/quote]Thats funny! Ozen ain't perfect but they have some good teachers over there and dedicated to teaching the kids. Granted, there are some over there who don't want to learn. Maybe thats what you're referring to.....?

One thing I can say about you people on here..You will back each other up no matter what!  ::) ::)..CAN ANYONE TELL ME THAT THIS KID IN QUESTION TRANSFERRED TO HJ FOR ACADEMIC AND NOT BASKETBALL PURPOSES? And be telling the honest to God truth? You people are unreal.... ::) ::)

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1229883" timestamp="1339432978"]
Yes, Rodney Saveat did that.  And I firmly believe he was telling the honest to God truth. Is he unreal, too?
[/quote]
No, just some of you on here...Ridiculous to even SUGGEST that the kid in question did not transfer to HJ to play basketball...And the sad thing is YOU KNOW IT TOO.. :o

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229884" timestamp="1339433912"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100318.msg1229883#msg1229883 date=1339432978]
Yes, Rodney Saveat did that.  And I firmly believe he was telling the honest to God truth. Is he unreal, too?
[/quote]
No, just some of you on here...Ridiculous to even SUGGEST that the kid in question did not transfer to HJ to play basketball...And the sad thing is YOU KNOW IT TOO.. :o
[/quote]

It's funny that you "know" about that( hj transfer) but you dont seem to "know" about the 41 applicants whom you believe "might" be coming to Yates for communications.  You look pretty silly here D.V.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229885" timestamp="1339434125"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229884#msg1229884 date=1339433912]
[/quote]
[/quote]

It's funny that you "know" about that( hj transfer) but you dont seem to "know" about the 41 applicants whom you believe "might" be coming to Yates for communications.  You look pretty silly here D.V.
[/quote]
No I look like I am calling it as it IS, unlike you who wants HJ to continue to be perceived as the "purest" program in the UIL....Thats ridiculous...People know who I am, and its not silly to call it as it is...That kid transferred to HJ to play basketball..Its just that simple.  The 41 kids that are transfering to Yates, we j=have no idea who they are and why they are coming..You people with your "mob mentality" has turned it into a crusade to discredit Yates...I hope they play your HJ team next year and beat the brakes off of them!...What will you say then? they had 41 transfers that all came on the Yates varsity in 2012-13? You people are something else... ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229884" timestamp="1339433912"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

That is exactly what Rodney Saveat did when he signed off on that PAPF form, is he ricidulous, too?

Look, as most H-J folks could tell you, I could give a rat's end about them.  In fact, most of these, folks, Nash included, would probably rather shoot me than see me get anywhere near the city limits of Sour Lake.  But the facts are there.  There is a completed PAPF form saying the young man did not transfer for athletic purposes which was sufficient for 21-3A to make a finding that he did not transfer and thus could play varsity immediately.  I also know about the lengths that HJISD went to confirm to themselves, as well as everyone else that this was not a sham transfer.

If you want to ease your conscience about the goings on at Yates, where AT LEAST two students had to sit out after they opted to transfer to a school whose rating is unacceptable and is outside of their home attendance zone AND IN FACT THIS DAY IS STILL OUT OF THEIR ATTENDANCE ZONE, an act deemed sufficiently worrisome that the UIL dictates they must forfeit 1/4 of their available high school eligibility, then you need to find another example.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont