Who recruits more players? Nederland, HJ, or Yates?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1228286" timestamp="1338736227"]
[quote author=lamar73! link=topic=100318.msg1228284#msg1228284 date=1338736021]
Don't think that was a legitimate answer to a legitimate ?
[/quote]
No, but it sure was funny! and [b]TRUE![/b] ;D
[/quote]
You don't know that. You can't prove that its true so don't say it dickie.  8)

Back when Kingwood was winning in b ball I said that i suspected they were cheating.  Maybe those posts are archived somewhere.  Wise was a part of the recruiting in Kingwood just like he is at Yates.

High school basketball championships in Texas are a farce, a sham.  You might as well watch the harlem globetrotters.  This dish is rigged.

Kountzer, you are correct.  High school basketball is losing all of the purity that it has, the charter and magnet schools and UIL and TEA not being able to be on the same page have allowed the AAU "characters" to come in a start a school around a group of kids or for a coach to pretty much say open campus. There is not purity in HS basketball and it will lose its allure as it has already done for some people that use to like high school hoops, and like most things I suspect it will run a cycle and something will happen in a few years to curve the way it is done now because you could easliy put an asterick by many of the State Championships as it has been the last 3-7 years.  High School coaches are worried about the purity of basketball in this state, which cause alot of quality coaches to leave or wait until the UIL finally does something.  Most know about Yates and Kimball, Triple A Academy, these places do not know what they are doing to High School basketball.  They will end up ruining basketball, when basketball was finally gaining a foot hold on football in this State. 

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1229776" timestamp="1339380790"]
Kountzer, you are correct.  High school basketball is losing all of the purity that it has, the charter and magnet schools and UIL and TEA not being able to be on the same page have allowed the AAU "characters" to come in a start a school around a group of kids or for a coach to pretty much say open campus. There is not purity in HS basketball and it will lose its allure as it has already done for some people that use to like high school hoops, and like most things I suspect it will run a cycle and something will happen in a few years to curve the way it is done now because you could easliy put an asterick by many of the State Championships as it has been the last 3-7 years.  High School coaches are worried about the purity of basketball in this state, which cause alot of quality coaches to leave or wait until the UIL finally does something.  Most know about Yates and Kimball, Triple A Academy, these places do not know what they are doing to High School basketball.  They will end up ruining basketball, when basketball was finally gaining a foot hold on football in this State. 
[/quote]
Once again, as many others have done before you, you're speaking about something you do not know.  As far as Yates goes they are getting a very unfair shake here...People have tried to prove wrong doing, but to no avail, yet they are convicted of cheating in the court of public opinion.  I DESPISE what the AAU has done to influence high school athletics. It will run its course as you said, but its just not fair to finger schools and programs that have not done anything illegal.  I know the Yates head coach very well...Heck he is like family to us...Do any of you know how and why Wise got involved with AAU? HIS SONS...His oldest son, Nic, asked him to be their coach when he was a 9 year old playing for the Houston Hoops...He agreed, coached them, then became a summer fixture with the Hoops, but he never coached ANY YATES PLAYERS in the summer...not one...Yet he has been accused time and again of recruiting...Its just not accurate, and its not fair.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229778" timestamp="1339381474"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=100318.msg1229776#msg1229776 date=1339380790]
[/quote]
Once again, as many others have done before you, you're speaking about something you do not know.  As far as Yates goes they are getting a very unfair shake here...People have tried to prove wrong doing, but to no avail, yet they are convicted of cheating in the court of public opinion.  I DESPISE what the AAU has done to influence high school athletics. It will run its course as you said, but its just not fair to finger schools and programs that have not done anything illegal.  I know the Yates head coach very well...Heck he is like family to us...Do any of you know how and why Wise got involved with AAU? HIS SONS...His oldest son, Nic, asked him to be their coach when he was a 9 year old playing for the Houston Hoops...He agreed, coached them, then became a summer fixture with the Hoops, but he never coached ANY YATES PLAYERS in the summer...not one...Yet he has been accused time and again of recruiting...Its just not accurate, and its not fair.
[/quote]

Why, do you think that so many "ill informed " people ( because only you know what is "really going on") choose to make such a suggestion about Yates?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229781" timestamp="1339382093"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229778#msg1229778 date=1339381474]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=100318.msg1229776#msg1229776 date=1339380790]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Why, do you think that so many "ill informed " people ( because only you know what is "really going on") choose to make such a suggestion about Yates?
[/quote]
Because they REALLY DON'T KNOW...As I have said before, when certain teams are successful, people often times want to know why, and if they don't know they automatically assume that cheating must be going on.  Remember more people are NOT in the know than those of us that usually are...You have your ties to HJ don't you? And if someone says HJ is doing something that you are sure they are not, you are going to say something about it, BECAUSE YOU KNOW...Same goes for me.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229778" timestamp="1339381474"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Question: Did any of the players he coach in AAU eventually play for Yates? If the answer is yes, how many?

[quote name="Team Game" post="1229792" timestamp="1339383984"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=100318.msg1229778#msg1229778 date=1339381474]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Question: Did any of the players he coach in AAU eventually play for Yates? If the answer is yes, how many?
[/quote] Nope! he coaches high school players in summer ball. I thought there was one but Wise didn't coach him,but they were all under the same organization.

Dickie hates AAU ;D I love to rub it in sometimes when I use to see him in Houston on the circuit. Guys, blame the NCAA. All the NCAA has to do is shut down the Spring and Summer open college coaches evaluation periods.  Thats the time when all the major D1 coaches are herded into gyms and watch their favorite players. But guess what, it ain't happening anytime soon fellas. VCU ,Baylor, Kentucky, etc.are saving monies by looking at the kids they want under one roof. Complain to the NCAA- their more guilty than AAU. AAU had their national tourney dates set for 2012. Bam, NCAA scheduled new dates for their open evaluation period. AAU Nationals got kinda stuck out this year. But Nike, Under Armour, & Adidas were able to get their schedules in line with the new NCAA schedules....hmmmm!

High schools?  :-X :-X

Wise coached kids that ended up play for Yates.. Saw him coaching his team, Houston Select or Elite, I forget which one is was during last year's GMI in Humble.. He roams around the AAU circuit in Houston and talks to players.. But like I said earlier, Wise knows he cant use transfered players on Varsity the first year, so he follows the rule book.. But Yates is like a junior college.. take most of the local talent and put them on a squad.. Dickie V, I admire you staying loyal to your friend, but he has followed the path to ruining high school basketball in Texas

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1229799" timestamp="1339386871"]
Wise coached kids that ended up play for Yates.. Saw him coaching his team, Houston Select or Elite, I forget which one is was during last year's GMI in Humble.. He roams around the AAU circuit in Houston and talks to players.. But like I said earlier, Wise knows he cant use transfered players on Varsity the first year, so he follows the rule book.. But Yates is like a junior college.. take most of the local talent and put them on a squad.. Dickie V, I admire you staying loyal to your friend, but he has followed the path to ruining high school basketball in Texas
[/quote]Yes, Wise is very active on the summer ball circuit. Wise does not coach his players, its against the rules. [color=red]What you might (maybe seen) (dreamed it)[/color] have seen is a kid who played with Select, attended a different high school and maybe transferred to Yates. Nothing illegal about this. You have NCAA coaches coaching high school players...hmmmm? But back to Yates. The program sells itself. ESPN, PLAYING NATIONALLY RANKED TEAMS, ETC.ETC. BAH-HHH

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1229806" timestamp="1339417920"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=100318.msg1229799#msg1229799 date=1339386871]
[/quote]Yes, Wise is very active on the summer ball circuit. Wise does not coach his players, its against the rules. [color=red]What you might (maybe seen) (dreamed it)[/color] have seen is a kid who played with Select, attended a different high school and maybe transferred to Yates. Nothing illegal about this. You have NCAA coaches coaching high school players...hmmmm? But back to Yates. The program sells itself. ESPN, PLAYING NATIONALLY RANKED TEAMS, ETC.ETC. BAH-HHH
[/quote]

And therefore, since the program is successful, whatever they do should never be questioned.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1229806" timestamp="1339417920"]
[/quot
You stated earlier that they didn't end up playing for him and now you say that some have transferred to Yates after playing on his summer team. I get the set out a year thing....but when you are doing this with younger athletes it isn't a big deal to sit out of Varsity for a year. No wonder their JV team is so good....

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229812" timestamp="1339419586"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100318.msg1229806#msg1229806 date=1339417920]
[/quote]

And therefore, since the program is successful, whatever they do should never be questioned.
[/quote] Wise's program been questioned & investigated. I would not be surprised if the CIA, FBI, The National Alliance, and other groups. Yates has survived it all. Now, my only worry is when Yates beats HJ (IF THEY MAKE IT THAT FAR)  by 60 points! Yates may not survive the onslaught/pressures from this win and may have to discontinue the program.  8)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1229817" timestamp="1339421253"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100318.msg1229812#msg1229812 date=1339419586]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100318.msg1229806#msg1229806 date=1339417920]
[/quote]

[/quote] Wise's program been questioned & investigated. I would not be surprised if the CIA, FBI, The National Alliance, and other groups. Yates has survived it all. Now, my only worry is when Yates beats HJ (IF THEY MAKE IT THAT FAR)  by 60 points! Yates may not survive the onslaught/pressures from this win and may have to discontinue the program.  8)
[/quote]

Why would you say that?  How could a lowly program from a hick town near Beaumont have any effect on the greatest and most integrity laden program in the country?  By the way, who "investigated" the program?  Is there any substance to that comment or does it "just sound good"?

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1229820" timestamp="1339421841"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100318.msg1229817#msg1229817 date=1339421253]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100318.msg1229812#msg1229812 date=1339419586]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why would you say that?  How could a lowly program from a hick town near Beaumont have any effect on the greatest and most integrity laden program in the country?
[/quote] And those are the things that make you go....hmmmmmm....is HOW?  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1229822" timestamp="1339421955"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=100318.msg1229820#msg1229820 date=1339421841]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=100318.msg1229817#msg1229817 date=1339421253]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why would you say that?  How could a lowly program from a hick town near Beaumont have any effect on the greatest and most integrity laden program in the country?
[/quote] And those are the things that make you go....hmmmmmm!  ;D
[/quote]

No way-  That small irrelevant school where free lunches are granted to unemployed rice farmers would be like a fly on an elephant.  Besides they don't have time for that at Yates, they have to get those 41 transfer applicants ( for athletic purposes) all enrolled before Dickie can declare them homegrown.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229825" timestamp="1339422564"]
There is no way that you can believe that 41 kids are transferring into Yates to play basketball...No way...However I know of one that transferred into Hardin Jefferson FOR SURE to play on their basketball team...You wanna dispute that? ::)
[/quote]

Not according to Rodney Saveat and the 21-3A DEC...or are you ready to call all of them liars?

We DO know that (at least) two kids last year transferred to a school that is currently rated academically unacceptable by the TEA, whose parents do not live in the attendance zone to play for a coach who reputation for creative transfers precedes his tenure at this current school, but has certainly been heightened by it.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1229825" timestamp="1339422564"]
There is no way that you can believe that 41 kids are transferring into Yates to play basketball...No way...However I know of one that transferred into Hardin Jefferson FOR SURE to play on their basketball team...You wanna dispute that? ::)
[/quote]

You dont "know" nearly what you think you know.  Until you attended the HJ Silsbee game, you weren't even aware that the kid had transferred to HJ.  You also had no idea there were 41 kids trying to transfer in to Yates  and apparently you dont "know" that the 41 forms are related to prior athletic participation.  Therefore, I am not, nor have I ever been, intimidated by what you "know" and what you "see".  Once again, how utterly ridiculous for you to compare 41 CURRENT TRANSFERS to 1 over 5 years.  But keep it up, because sooner or later you may convince YOURSELF (and only yourself ) that there is the slightest bit of relevance between the two. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder