Coach Josh Finney

Guest incognito123

Yes, the culture of the H-D program is changing and getting back to it's roots. From the field house, weight room, football field, players attitudes, players working hard and pushing bodies in off season, it's all changing. Coach Finney has light a fire of passion and pride in our boys and community. This fire has been like a sleeping giant the last 10 years, and now the giant has woken. Coach Finney seems like a mix of Coach Skidmore and Coach Russell Roberts all rolled into one. He will pushed our players physically like Skidmore did and he will inspire and give words of hope and inspiration like Roberts did. Coach Finney walks the hall ways and drive ways to get ALL possible players into the program. You don't see Coaches like that very often anymore. Coach Finney is a friend to all, the players love him. He has the formula for success, just look at his record of 46-15. He turned two 2-8 teams into playoff teams and one team damn near state champs. H-D will be back on top soon, the ride has just started. 8) ;) ;D

I hope 55 you are not going to jump off the band wagon of the coach if he does not turn it around like you say he is. Coach Slack was a hometown man and it did not take long for all yall to jump off. Good luck with your new coach and rember dont be the first one to jump off if it does not go your way,

[quote name="dawgs20" post="1227244" timestamp="1338398692"]
I hope 55 you are not going to jump off the band wagon of the coach if he does not turn it around like you say he is. Coach Slack was a hometown man and it did not take long for all yall to jump off. Good luck with your new coach and rember dont be the first one to jump off if it does not go your way,
[/quote]Brother I am a Bobcat, born and raised. I love Hull-Daisetta, and have always stood by my team even when we lose. I am sorry people like you don't understand that. H-D is a special place to play, places like WOS, Newton, and LaMarque understand. Also, I have always backed up Coach Slack, never did I do anything more than praise him and his staff, Joe Allen is a friend of mine. I have never jumped off the Mighty Hull-Daisetta Bobcat Bandwagon!! So know your roll and shut your mouth! If you smell what the cats... are cooking!!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1227248" timestamp="1338399247"]
[quote author=dawgs20 link=topic=100289.msg1227244#msg1227244 date=1338398692]
[/quote]Brother I am a Bobcat, born and raised. I love Hull-Daisetta, and have always stood by my team even when we lose. I am sorry people like you don't understand that. H-D is a special place to play, places like WOS, Newton, and LaMarque understand. Also, I have always backed up Coach Slack, never did I do anything more than praise him and his staff, Joe Allen is a friend of mine. I have never jumped off the Mighty Hull-Daisetta Bobcat Bandwagon!! So know your roll and shut your mouth! [b]If you smell what the cats... are cooking![/b]!
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk244/ataque77_2008/rocknsockbackstagewm204.gif[/img]

If they dont cook more than last year, than you are not cooking nothing. I just hoope all your praise of the new coach is going to be good. Cause there is not alot there for him to build with UNLESS yall get in some new2 kids. Seen them last year and not very good. GOOD LUCK.

[quote name="dawgs20" post="1227373" timestamp="1338415124"]
If they dont cook more than last year, than you are not cooking nothing. I just hoope all your praise of the new coach is going to be good. Cause there is not alot there for him to build with UNLESS yall get in some new2 kids. Seen them last year and not very good. GOOD LUCK.
[/quote]That is your opinion pal. Sorry we let you down killer. Can't be good every year.  ;D Guess your an expert on what we got here in talent. What a TARD! Not even good enough for the "RE" part! Hope your little team is a success. lol. Love the H-D haters, they all can't help but watch us. lol  8)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1227381" timestamp="1338416430"]
[quote author=dawgs20 link=topic=100289.msg1227373#msg1227373 date=1338415124]
[/quote]That is your opinion pal. Sorry we let you done killer. Can't be good every year.  ;D Guess your an expert on what we got here in talent. [glow=red,2,300]What a TARD! Not even good enough for the "RE" part! [/glow]Hope your little team is a success. lol. Love the H-D haters, they all can't help but watch us. lol  8)
[/quote]

Really, was the comment necessary?  Every year I have coached, I have had a kid with special needs on the team(one kid was at HD).  To make a joke in such a way is totally unwarranted and uncalled for.  I admit to using the word, but feel bad after saying it.  It is one of those things that I work on not saying. 

The kids that I have had have a special place in my heart, because I learn more from them about people than the  "non" special needs people at times.

But for you to make such a "joking" comment is totally insensitive.

[quote name="shermdog" post="1227415" timestamp="1338430924"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100289.msg1227381#msg1227381 date=1338416430]
[/quote]That is your opinion pal. Sorry we let you done killer. Can't be good every year.  ;D Guess your an expert on what we got here in talent. [glow=red,2,300]What a TARD! Not even good enough for the "RE" part! [/glow]Hope your little team is a success. lol. Love the H-D haters, they all can't help but watch us. lol  8)
[/quote]

Really, was the comment necessary?  Every year I have coached, I have had a kid with special needs on the team(one kid was at HD).  To make a joke in such a way is totally unwarranted and uncalled for.  I admit to using the word, but feel bad after saying it.  It is one of those things that I work on not saying. 

The kids that I have had have a special place in my heart, because I learn more from them about people than the  "non" special needs people at times.

[/quote]Sorry bro, this ain't the life time channel. If your that sensitive, the world is gonna eat you alive. In no way was I making fun of a special needs kid. I could have called him alot worse names, but I like TARD. Maybe you should visit some scrapbooking message boards.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1227444" timestamp="1338440372"]
[quote author=shermdog link=topic=100289.msg1227415#msg1227415 date=1338430924]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100289.msg1227381#msg1227381 date=1338416430]
[/quote]

[/quote]Sorry bro, this ain't the life time channel. If your that sensitive, the world is gonna eat you alive. In no way was I making fun of a special needs kid. I could have called him alot worse names, but I like TARD. Maybe you should visit some scrapbooking message boards.
[/quote]

It might be a good time to remind you about Rule No. 4 down in the forum rules section:

"4) Keep it civil! You can make your point much more attractive to others by remaining calm and intelligent. You will be banned for flaming or attacking another member!! We will not tolerate abuse upon another member."

Now, I like shermdog, have used the word in question which is probably why I didn't send some sort of rebuke in the first place.  However, I do know of folks here that have relatives that are special needs and, like shermdog, have had the opportunity to work with special needs kids and could see where they would find the word usage offensive.

But to use the tone you did when shermdog, a high school coach whom from personal experience I know to have contributed far more to this SETX community, both sports and otherwise, is not acceptable.  For that matter, it is not acceptable with regard to anyone.  I appreciate your love of school, that is certainly encouraged here.  But there are certainly more civil ways of doing that than you have done here.  Please be mindful of that in your posts in the future.

And shermdog, my apologies.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1227500" timestamp="1338477298"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100289.msg1227444#msg1227444 date=1338440372]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It might be a good time to remind you about Rule No. 4 down in the forum rules section:

"4) Keep it civil! You can make your point much more attractive to others by remaining calm and intelligent. You will be banned for flaming or attacking another member!! We will not tolerate abuse upon another member."

Now, I like shermdog, have used the word in question which is probably why I didn't send some sort of rebuke in the first place.  However, I do know of folks here that have relatives that are special needs and, like shermdog, have had the opportunity to work with special needs kids and could see where they would find the word usage offensive.

But to use the tone you did when shermdog, a high school coach whom from personal experience I know to have contributed far more to this SETX community, both sports and otherwise, is not acceptable.  For that matter, it is not acceptable with regard to anyone.  I appreciate your love of school, that is certainly encouraged here.  But there are certainly more civil ways of doing that than you have done here.  Please be mindful of that in your posts in the future.

[/quote]First off I apologize, if yall really think that was a vicious attack. I have read worse on here and they were not threatened to be kicked off on the thread. I feel like you two are blowing this word "Tard" out of proportion big time. Administrators should be fair across the board. A personal message would have been calm, intelligent and professional. SMH.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1227805" timestamp="1338530202"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100289.msg1227500#msg1227500 date=1338477298]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100289.msg1227444#msg1227444 date=1338440372]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]First off I apologize, if yall really think that was a vicious attack. I have read worse on here and they were not threatened to be kicked off on the thread. I feel like you two are blowing this word "Tard" out of proportion big time. Administrators should be fair across the board. A personal message would have been calm, intelligent and professional. SMH.
[/quote]
You make the insensitive comment on a public forum but you want the rebut in a private msg?  ::) SMH

[quote name="SteelerCzy" post="1227818" timestamp="1338553791"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100289.msg1227805#msg1227805 date=1338530202]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=100289.msg1227500#msg1227500 date=1338477298]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You make the insensitive comment on a public forum but you want the rebut in a private msg?  ::) SMH
[/quote]Steeler, when someone makes a mistake at work or offends a co-worker, management usually professionally pulls you to the side or calls you in their office, they don't scold you in front of the whole company. I do whole heartedly apologize to anyone I offended, never meant that word towards kids or special needs people. Sorry.

Good grief this is a football forum not freakin OPRAH segment!!! You clowns know it wasn't meant as a slam at special needs kids...put your freakin PC antennae's down and put your big boy panties on...dang, folks like that get me riled up so early in the morning, you should move to California and sip wine with the  other limp wristers!!! Hang in there Bobcat 55, you just wait till Finney gets those boys hard as nails and knockin the fire out of your opponents...you aint seen nothin' yet!!! YOU WILL LOVE "FINNEY-BALL" but you can bet the teams you play wont!!!!! GOOD LUCK AND YOU HAVE A NEW FAN FROM NORTHEAST TX.!!!!

[quote name="EastTxguru" post="1227887" timestamp="1338562733"]
Good grief this is a football forum not freakin OPRAH segment!!! You clowns know it wasn't meant as a slam at special needs kids...put your freakin PC antennae's down and put your big boy panties on...dang, folks like that get me riled up so early in the morning, you should move to California and sip wine with the  other limp wristers!!! Hang in there Bobcat 55, you just wait till Finney gets those boys hard as nails and knockin the fire out of your opponents...you aint seen nothin' yet!!! YOU WILL LOVE "FINNEY-BALL" but you can bet the teams you play wont!!!!! GOOD LUCK AND YOU HAVE A NEW FAN FROM NORTHEAST TX.!!!!
[/quote]Thanks. Good post.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1227927" timestamp="1338564811"]
[quote author=EastTxguru link=topic=100289.msg1227887#msg1227887 date=1338562733]
[/quote]

I guess in the effort to be somewhat nice in my previous post on this matter, my point was missed somehow.  So let me be more direct....crap like what is posted here is against forum rules.  Not necessarily the first word usage, but the reaction once an objection to that word was raised.  Apparently, HD you can dish but can't take as evidenced by your whining and moaning is response to my previous post.  The rules will be enforced to the best of my ability...yeah...I might miss some...but I will correct the ones I catch.  So the choice is yours, HD and for EastTXguru, the same goes for you, you can abide by the rules or you can have your posts deleted from here on in and, if you do it often enough, lose the privilege to visit this board altogether.

And since WWE is a popular flavor on this thread, let me oblidge:

And that's the bottom line! 'Cause WOSgrad said so!

Good day gentlemen!

Your opinion on what I post is right up there with the yellow bellied sap sucker going extinct!! In other words I COULD CARE LESS!!! If it makes you feel better, delete away!!! I said what I think and it broke no forum rules, it just wasn't what you wanted to hear.

GO BOBCATS AND PLAY FINNEY-BALL TO THE MAX AND YOU WILL BE THE POWERHOUSE OF SOUTHEAST TX. FOOTBALL AGAIN!! TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!!!

[quote name="EastTxguru" post="1227982" timestamp="1338569718"]
Your opinion on what I post is right up there with the yellow bellied sap sucker going extinct!! In other words I COULD CARE LESS!!! If it makes you feel better, delete away!!! I said what I think and it broke no forum rules, it just wasn't what you wanted to hear.

GO BOBCATS AND PLAY FINNEY-BALL TO THE MAX AND YOU WILL BE THE POWERHOUSE OF SOUTHEAST TX. FOOTBALL AGAIN!! TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!!!
[/quote]

[b]Admin Note[b]:  Some fools never learn.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1227983" timestamp="1338569935"]
[quote author=EastTxguru link=topic=100289.msg1227982#msg1227982 date=1338569718]

[/quote]

[b]Admin Note[b]:  Some fools never learn.
[/quote]
Agreed.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="EastTxguru" post="1227982" timestamp="1338569718"]

[/quote]

'Scuse me, but H-D will be the powerhouse of Southeast Texas football again?  What are you smoking?  Go back to where ever you came from and stay there.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1227978" timestamp="1338569040"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100289.msg1227927#msg1227927 date=1338564811]
[quote author=EastTxguru link=topic=100289.msg1227887#msg1227887 date=1338562733]
[/quote]

I guess in the effort to be somewhat nice in my previous post on this matter, my point was missed somehow.  So let me be more direct....crap like what is posted here is against forum rules.  Not necessarily the first word usage, but the reaction once an objection to that word was raised.  Apparently, HD you can dish but can't take as evidenced by your whining and moaning is response to my previous post.  The rules will be enforced to the best of my ability...yeah...I might miss some...but I will correct the ones I catch.  So the choice is yours, HD and for EastTXguru, the same goes for you, you can abide by the rules or you can have your posts deleted from here on in and, if you do it often enough, lose the privilege to visit this board altogether.

And since WWE is a popular flavor on this thread, let me oblidge:

And that's the bottom line! 'Cause WOSgrad said so!

Good day gentlemen!
[/quote]WOSgrad I have and will follow all rules on this forum. Been on here for years posting. I have taken alot of heat over the years for the passion I have for my team. I figured you had seen me take it many times. I pick back often and dish it out, like you said. WOSgrad you are a partial administrator and you mingle with us regular threaders to much. You are very biased and at times you are very unprofessional. I will say your football knowledge is great, you have been very helpful at times. People are reading your statements, remember you represent SETXsports. I feel like my posts are good when regarding my team and very passionate.

'Scuse me, but H-D will be the powerhouse of Southeast Texas football again?  What are you smoking?  Go back to where ever you came from and stay there.
[/quote]

Not smokin a thang!!! Let me give you a short history lesson on what Finney did here. Prior to his arriving Maud was the laughing stock of northeast tx. football. Three years prior to his arrival we won a total of 4 games (one being a forfeit). Basketball same, track was even worse. Four years that Finney was here we lost one district game...ONE...four disrict championships, deep playoff runs two of those years...basketball made the playoffs for the first time in decades (and won a game), track was even more dramatic two district championships 2nd other two years, area champions two years baseball deep playoff runs every year...exceptional athletes? NO average players that bought into an off season program that made them faster, quicker and much stronger...the same thing will happen there if the kids will listen and buy in to the program...[b]the only thing that will be "smoaked" is HD's opponents!!![/b]

@mr WSGrad-Calling people "fools" is frowned on in the Bible...just sayin.

[quote name="Power M" post="1228016" timestamp="1338576780"]
[/quote]

Not smokin a thang!!! Let me give you a short history lesson on what Finney did here. Prior to his arriving Maud was the laughing stock of northeast tx. football. Three years prior to his arrival we won a total of 4 games (one being a forfeit). Basketball same, track was even worse. Four years that Finney was here we lost one district game...ONE...four disrict championships, deep playoff runs two of those years...basketball made the playoffs for the first time in decades (and won a game), track was even more dramatic two district championships 2nd other two years, area champions two years baseball deep playoff runs every year...exceptional athletes? NO average players that bought into an off season program that made them faster, quicker and much stronger...the same thing will happen there if the kids will listen and buy in to the program...[b]the only thing that will be "smoaked" is HD's opponents!!![/b]

@mr WSGrad-Calling people "fools" is frowned on in the Bible...just sayin.
[/quote]

And using multiple IDs is also against board rules.  Thanks for revealing the other username, you made my job a little easier.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86