Liberty Coaching

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1228301" timestamp="1338739032"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=100264.msg1226680#msg1226680 date=1338248868]
[quote author=Mr.Scofield link=topic=100264.msg1226650#msg1226650 date=1338233236]
His contract was renewed? & for how long?
[/quote]
I believe he has one year left in his contract. Rumor around town is if he performs well this season then it will be renewed. However, this is small town talk so I would not place to much credit on this. With that being said, I fully support Coach Deel and think he is a good coach and a great guy who really cares for the players.
[/quote]Liberty is loaded and stacked this year, The expectations are real high this season. It's been a while since Liberty had a highly anticipated season. I think Liberty will win District go deep into the playoffs, after that Deel will get a bonus and contract extended for 6 years watch and see.. quote me please >:( >:( >:(
[/quote]
::) ::)

Weren't expectations high last year too? Didn't yall return something like 17 starters last year? How did that work out?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1228301" timestamp="1338739032"]
[quote author=Mr.Scofield link=topic=100264.msg1226650#msg1226650 date=1338233236]
[/quote]
I believe he has one year left in his contract. Rumor around town is if he performs well this season then it will be renewed. However, this is small town talk so I would not place to much credit on this. With that being said, I fully support Coach Deel and think he is a good coach and a great guy who really cares for the players.
[/quote]Liberty is loaded and stacked this year, The expectations are real high this season. It's been a while since Liberty had a highly anticipated season. I think Liberty will win District go deep into the playoffs, after that Deel will get a bonus and contract extended for 6 years watch and see.. quote me please >:( >:( >:(
[/quote]
How is this different than every year? Too bad you still have Huffman and CS whom you cannot beat regardless of who you bring back.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1228341" timestamp="1338763862"]
[quote author=Ex-Panther link=topic=100264.msg1228301#msg1228301 date=1338739032]
[/quote]
[/quote]
How is this different than every year? Too bad you still have Huffman and CS whom you cannot beat regardless of who you bring back.
[/quote]watch and see you Sorry Huffman folks..

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1229118" timestamp="1339051524"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=100264.msg1228341#msg1228341 date=1338763862]
[quote author=Ex-Panther link=topic=100264.msg1228301#msg1228301 date=1338739032]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ok. I just hope you come back on here after Liberty gets blownout AGAIN 8)

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1229118" timestamp="1339051524"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=100264.msg1228341#msg1228341 date=1338763862]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Ok, We'll "see" just like we have been "seeing" and then you will "see" just like you have been "seeing". Huffman and CS blowing Liberty out of the water, see?

I really wish all of you from Liberty would cool it. It's just a forum. Besides, why argue about facts? Every year the same people trash each other on here and every year Liberty players talk so much mess theyre worn out by the time the season starts. Get off the computer and get in the weight room...

Guest incognito123
[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="1229870" timestamp="1339431348"]
I really wish all of you from Liberty would cool it. It's just a forum. Besides, why argue about facts? Every year the same people trash each other on here and every year Liberty players talk so much mess theyre worn out by the time the season starts. Get off the computer and get in the weight room...
[/quote]

BRAVO YOUNG MAN! Finally, someone from Liberty with some sense about their team and what they need!

[/quote]
Excellent!

Liberty has a great strength and conditioning program, which took 11 kids to the regional powerlifting meet this year and one person won 6 in state as a junior. However the main problem in liberty is not the coaches it is the attitude of the town the parents are more interested in seeing little Johnny on homecoming night than they are in letting the coaches do there jobs and coach the kids. Texas minuteman how has coach deel not utilized the talent? I am not trying to call you out, I would just like for you to explain what your reasons are behind all of the hate for deel

[/quote]
It's funny how the jv players & the people who never touch the field give the 'Liberty players' bad names. It's never the leaders on the team.. you are telling people who have time to argue with old men on setx to get in the weight room.. do you really think this is Jones, Fitzwater, Antione, Fregia, Tebo on here trash talking? If someone told me it most of these LP people were the same person i wouldn't be shocked at all.

[quote name="Mr.Scofield" post="1230508" timestamp="1339641440"]
[quote author=PANTHERPLAYA09 link=topic=100264.msg1229870#msg1229870 date=1339431348]
[/quote]
It's funny how the jv players & the people who never touch the field give the 'Liberty players' bad names. It's never the leaders on the team.. you are telling people who have time to argue with old men on setx to get in the weight room.. do you really think this is Jones, Fitzwater, Antione, Fregia, Tebo on here trash talking? If someone told me it most of these LP people were the same person i wouldn't be shocked at all.
[/quote]
This is true we are not on the team anymore, and in the summer there is not much to do other than argue with old men. However as me and LP6 stated in a previous post we are not the same person. Just so you know, I was not a bench warmer and never played J.V.

[quote name="lp4life" post="1230921" timestamp="1339881218"]
Former Bryan Head Coach Bob Bellard joining the staff will really boost the panthers!
[/quote]

Wow! Talk about a step backward. He went from a head coach in 5a to an assistant coach at a mediocre 3a school. Does coach Bellard have family in Liberty or somerhing like that? I have to think there is another reason Bellard came to Liberty other than the fact that Deel used to play and coach under Bellard.

The word hate is not in my vocabulary. However,the playbook that is used at game time does not quite seem up to par.So what, that you go 7-3.You didnt make the playoffs and the only respectful team you beat was Kelly.Last years outcome wasnt any different.Liberty didnt play anyone and when they did they got spanked.They may have made a bi-district game,big whoop!!! Yes I would like to see Liberty succeed,but I dont see it happening while Deel is there. Slack may be waiting for an opportunity when Deel isnt renewed at the end of his contract.Deel should have made a V line to Sonora when that position came available.But,hey,who knows,when I get my degree maybe Ill get the chance to coach and know what not to do.

Guest incognito123
I am well aware of the reasons he left initially, hence why I was shocked when I heard he was going back.  Is he a teacher?  Elementary PE?  What is he going to be doing at Liberty? 

Futhermore, I am surprised he couldn't get an assistant job with one of the schools in the surrounding area.  The guy is a good coach, just wasn't ready for the position the HDISD board put him in when they hired him at HD.  Sitting out a few years doing anything but coaching isn't getting him ready to be a HFC/AD again someday. 

What has slack done? He'd didn't make playoffs in a 5 team district. No disrespect towards slack he is a great guy but he is to inexperienced. As to what you were saying about deel I will admit he has made some mistakes, but the yer before last he took a group of seniors who didnt win a game from 7th to there sophomore year and got 3rd in district. Now that is not a huge accomplishment, but to take a group of kids who have never won 3 games in one season an get third than that is good coaching during season and off season. Yes they did not beat anybody worth anything this year, but it was an improvement. You cannot seriously expect a coach to come into a program that was getting 3 wins a season and start beating everybody in the first few years

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder