High Island

High Island is too far gone. I agree with previous post... I just don't see anyway for them to continue. I've also heard rumors about the way the school is being run from the absolute top ( board ).

I'm not getting into specifics about what could be nothing more than rumors, but heard there is some illegal things going on. I know they lost their AD and Principal - both after only 1 year!!! Can't be a good sign.  :o :o

[quote name="incognito123" post="1226021" timestamp="1337982669"]
They have hired a great new AD and a great new principle.  HI is on the way up.
[/quote]

Anyone have a new name on the new AD?  Checked their website today and found nothing.

[quote name="Football Freak 1" post="1225967" timestamp="1337964952"]
High Island is too far gone. I agree with previous post... I just don't see anyway for them to continue. I've also heard rumors about the way the school is being run from the absolute top ( board ).

I'm not getting into specifics about what could be nothing more than rumors, but heard there is some illegal things going on. I know they lost their AD and Principal - both after only 1 year!!! Can't be a good sign.  :o :o
[/quote]

you can add the supt. to the list of ones that are running the school into the ground!

Guest incognito123
I cannot remember his name to save my life but I do know that he has been a successful 6 man coach in another part of texas and he has 4 high school aged daughters.  Mark my words, this is the beginning of a resurgence for HI.  Kathy Smith was hired as their new principle.  She has over 25 years teaching experience with Hardin High School and is ready to assume this new role and lead HI to new hights.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1226200" timestamp="1338034793"]
I cannot remember his name to save my life but I do know that he has been a successful 6 man coach in another part of texas and he has 4 high school aged daughters.  Mark my words, this is the beginning of a resurgence for HI.  Kathy Smith was hired as their new principle.  She has over 25 years teaching experience with Hardin High School and is ready to assume this new role and lead HI to new hights.
[/quote]No way, with a limited amount of players. Just not enough kids to be competitive. Sorry, FFA and AG may need to be the featured extracurricular. No need to hurt or embarrass the kids. If you attend a football game you will see.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1226351" timestamp="1338078205"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=100210.msg1226200#msg1226200 date=1338034793]
[/quote]No way, with a limited amount of players. Just not enough kids to be competitive. Sorry, FFA and AG may need to be the featured extracurricular. No need to hurt or embarrass the kids. If you attend a football game you will see.
[/quote]

That is why they moved to 6 man

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1226384" timestamp="1338081826"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=100210.msg1226351#msg1226351 date=1338078205]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=100210.msg1226200#msg1226200 date=1338034793]
[/quote]

That is why they moved to 6 man
[/quote]Indeed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder