Cowboys Stadium, Alamodome only venues in the running for the 2012 UIL football

Guest octfeb

Guest octfeb
http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/05/cowboys-stadium-alamodome-only-venues-in.html

I think Reliant Stadium should be considered in the rotation....

Guest octfeb
[quote name="slickarick" post="1222390" timestamp="1337097017"]
I do too but they would have to change the field each day the grass would wear down quickly 3 games a day on it.
[/quote]Thats why the GM Mark Miller said if he could find the money he would by the turf so they could play there..... Which is something I think the Houston Texans could be a part of... Lord knows they make enough to buy the turf

I know many don't like it staying at Cowboys stadium every year because of travel concerns, concession prices, etc, however, after attending the event at Cowboys stadium in 2010 I can't imagine a better place in Texas to host the event...

Having every game played there over a weekend is absolutely awesome for anyone who loves watching HS football at it's highest level...

It is a venue that every player in the state dreams about getting a chance to play in...

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1222837" timestamp="1337183214"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=99996.msg1222834#msg1222834 date=1337182962]
TSU is going to use the Dynamo staduim?
[/quote]
That's what I'm being told. I figured they could just play at a HS stadium :D
[/quote]

There were a lot of people in Dallas 2010.  I doubt Dynamo Stadium is big enough.  I am ALL for a move from Dallas.  Hate Jerry Jones and especially hate giving him $40 for 2 burgers and a coke.

I know it'll never work out this way, but I think they need to choose the Alamodome. It's in a centralized location. I understand that Cowboys Stadium is nicer, but it would serve a number of school budgets better to have the championships in one of the state's most centrally-located stadiums, and travel costs are a big issue amidst all these funding cuts.

Unless of course PN-G goes, in which case we're going to need Cowboys Stadium. All of it. ;D

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1223127" timestamp="1337261153"]
It should stay at COWBOYS Stadium!!!  Kids grow up wanting, wishing and hoping to play where the COWBOYS play.  There's just something about that blue star that says, "Texas Football".  No other venue in Texas can top it.
[/quote]

I agree...

[quote name="MVP907" post="1223135" timestamp="1337263100"]
My son would definitely kill to play at Cowboys Stadium. Figuratively speaking.
[/quote]

I'm one of the fortunate parents that got to watch my son play at Cowboy Stadium in 2010 (and daughter cheer) and I can't tell you how excited everyone in our family was...We had family come in from a couple of different states to watch the game...

It was awesome watching him play on that field and seeing him make plays on that huge jumbotron...

It was somewhat surreal knowing that the Super Bowl was going to be played on that same field a few weeks later...

Almost made it back again this year, losing in semi-finals...Had a 7pt lead about halfway thru the 4th qtr only to give up 2 TD's in the last 8 mins...Everyone was really devastated as it was Jerry's World or bust from the first day of practice in early August...

Looking forward to watching my younger boys try to make it there in the future...

It's very simple.  Take 100 kids, middle school to high school in age, and show them a picture of the alamo dome and then a picture of COWBOYS Stadium.  Then ask which one they would rather play in.  You can do the same test with any other venue in Texas and I'm willing to bet the majority of kids would rather play where the COWBOYS play.  Sure, reliant would get a few votes because some texans fans would like to play there, but the texans don't have the following that the COWBOYS have.  The only place that could come close would be D K Royal Memorial Field in Austin. 

[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1223302" timestamp="1337279024"]
It's very simple.  Take 100 kids, middle school to high school in age, and show them a picture of the alamo dome and then a picture of COWBOYS Stadium.  Then ask which one they would rather play in.  You can do the same test with any other venue in Texas and I'm willing to bet the majority of kids would rather play where the COWBOYS play.  Sure, reliant would get a few votes because some texans fans would like to play there, but the texans don't have the following that the COWBOYS have.  The only place that could come close would be D K Royal Memorial Field in Austin.
[/quote] IDK about that man if i was asked that exact question my mouth wouldnt be sayin the Death Star, i would be saying Kyle Field in C-Stat.... Very nice stadium ya its old but man its beautiful...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jameshardy123
    Newest Member
    jameshardy123