Chip Keel named new Shepherd HC/AD!!!!

Jone's contract was not renewed about two months ago, but he school board was not going to reassign him due to not wanting to spend or wast (however you want to look at it) extra money. He had one year left on his contract.

Wasn't surprised at all when I heard the news several weeks ago...He was making over 80k a year and Shepherd was horrible other than the year that his son was a senior and playing QB for them...

Not sure what it would take for Shepherd to be a legitimate player in dist 22 3a...

EastTxguru, Do you live there? If not then I don't know how you could answer the question. I will say that Shepherd has it's problems just like all of the other small towns (and if you don't think your town has any problems then you are just fooling yourself). There is a lot of politics in this town and parents don't seem to get that little johnny needs to work hard and earn what he gets instead of the parents playing politics and getting little johnny his spot. Most of the better kids don't even play sports due to this fact. Can Shepherd compete with Coldspring (no) but they could play with the other teams in district if they could get parents to buy into the system and kids to play.

jbd44, I agree with you, Chip does love this town and I do think he can get the parents to buy into the program. Most everyone in this town will give him a chance. Chip will care about all sports and get as many kids involved as he can, he is great with the kids and will always do what is best for them. He is just a really good fit for Shepherd.

I will say this that I think Coach Jones is one heck of a Coach.

LOLOL!!! Praise the Lord, no I don't live there but I know lots of folks that do and have seen the results of some of the village idiots in action...aint that right JDB???? They just about ruined one of the best young men that I have ever had the pleasure to be around...proof enough for me...hope they do give it to Chip...if anybody can get them going it would be him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder