BH vs. Nederland

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1216961" timestamp="1335905875"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=99507.msg1216959#msg1216959 date=1335905717]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=99507.msg1216957#msg1216957 date=1335905588]
[quote author=midcountymadness link=topic=99507.msg1216932#msg1216932 date=1335902813]
Smoking baby.  what do you think about that one game coin toss by Nederland?
[/quote]

I think when you know your not the better over-all team, that's the only shot you got.  Like other's have stated, it's a terrible option for determing who is the best team, but hey it's the way it is. You can take a pitcher who has a nasty curve ball [b](i.e Listi former pitcher from Bridge City)[/b] and ultimately determine who advances with that one player.  It's kind of like living south of Dayton, you know eventually one of their wagons will venture your way.

Well, come Thursday we are going to come over and show 20-4A how real baseball teams swing the bats.  PNG has had their two-game lesson this year.  ;) ;)
[/quote]

That would be Huffman.  ;)
[/quote]

Dang ugly ars red outfits do it every time...... ;D
[/quote]

Just keepin you real, man.
Keep giving em heck !  ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One game playoffs are NOT unique to Nederland. Ever heard of Beau Hale? It worked very well for LCM.

So if we lose, it's because BH is the better team, but if we win, it is because of the one game playoff. Guess you have your bases covered.....pun intended.

[quote name="baddog" post="1216985" timestamp="1335909913"]
One game playoffs are OT unique to Nederland. Ever heard of Beau Hale? It worked very well for LCM.

So if we lose, it's because BH is the better team, but if we win, it is because of the one game playoff. Guess you have your bases covered.....put intended.
[/quote]
Its called they are already making excuses for the loss they are going to endure.  8)

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="1217028" timestamp="1335916504"]
Golden triangle who???????
[/quote]
So you going to give us 20-4A teams that much trouble when we are all still going on in playoffs or is it when all the 19-4A teams get knocked out. :) :) :)

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1216957" timestamp="1335905588"]
[quote author=midcountymadness link=topic=99507.msg1216932#msg1216932 date=1335902813]
Smoking baby.  what do you think about that one game coin toss by Nederland?
[/quote]

I think when you know your not the better over-all team, that's the only shot you got.  Like other's have stated, it's a terrible option for determing who is the best team, but hey it's the way it is. You can take a pitcher who has a nasty curve ball (i.e Listi former pitcher from [s]Bridge City[/s] Huffman) and ultimately determine who advances with that one player.  It's kind of like living south of Dayton, you know eventually one of their wagons will venture your way.

Well, come Thursday we are going to come over and show 20-4A how real baseball teams swing the bats.  PNG has had their two-game lesson this year.  ;) ;)
[/quote]

Sooo true!!  We have already beat PNG twice this season and did it without using either of our top two pitchers.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1217074" timestamp="1335927369"]
Thursday night, come one come all.  Grilled and smoked bull dog on the menu.  :D :D
[/quote]

UGH!!  Can't we all STOP talking about "eating Dogs" ..... let's just strap em to the top of our bus for the next round ....  ;)

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1216686" timestamp="1335874728"]
I just flipped my coin twice and both times it says Nederland sucks.  That's what I think about one-game series.  It is a good thing for Nederland, this way their fans only have to endure one good ole fashing ars-whipping and not 3.  That's my politically correct version.  ;)
[/quote]Sounds kinda like what you said last year ;)

[quote name="rounder17" post="1217108" timestamp="1335962483"]
I hope Brett Brown is reading all of this. He's not the type of kid you want to piss off. Anything can happen in one game. In a series I would take Barbers Hill, in one game, no clue.
[/quote] This is So True..... Anyone who knows the young man. When you think of Brett, you think of a  TRUE Bulldog!!!!!!!

[quote name="astrofan" post="1217113" timestamp="1335963699"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=99507.msg1217108#msg1217108 date=1335962483]
I hope Brett Brown is reading all of this. He's not the type of kid you want to piss off. Anything can happen in one game. In a series I would take Barbers Hill, in one game, no clue.
[/quote] This is So True..... Anyone who knows the young man. When you think of Brett, you think of a  TRUE Bulldog!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Don't take smack talk by a bunch of old and fat guys like us to mean anything remotely close to seriousness.  Sure he is a fine kid with a heart of a Eagle.  ;D

All that said, one more day puppie-dogs.  One more day.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1217136" timestamp="1335967775"]
[quote author=astrofan link=topic=99507.msg1217113#msg1217113 date=1335963699]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=99507.msg1217108#msg1217108 date=1335962483]
[/quote]

Don't take smack talk by a bunch of old and fat guys like us to mean anything remotely close to seriousness.  Sure he is a fine kid with a heart of a Eagle.  ;D

All that said, one more day puppie-dogs.  One more day.
[/quote]

I agree... If he is as smart as he is good, I'm sure he is taking all this with a grain of salt.
I wish nothing but the best for the kid in the future, just not so much tomorrow night.  ;)

Let’s go Bulldogs……One game, home field advantage and Brett Brown on the mound……Nice……And let’s don’t forget the best student cheer section in the golden triangle…..I feel an upset right here…...Good Luck Dogs..….

Well being that Nederland is the underdog, they should have no pressure on them. It should all rest on the shoulders of BH. I hope our boys play like they are capable of playing and show up for the new season of the playoffs. With the game being played in Nederland and Brown on the Hill, I take the dogs in this one. Nedeland's boys step up big and play as a team in this one. Go Dogs!!!

There will be plenty of pressure for both teams, underdog or not. You lose and your season is over...for some your baseball career is over.
I have always been against the one game series for many reasons...
With that said, I will take the Hill in a close one, 4-2.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder