BH vs. Nederland

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="dragbunt" post="1215813" timestamp="1335627366"]
Nederland wins both coin flips. One game Thursday in Nederland.
[/quote]

Wow!

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="westend1" post="1215824" timestamp="1335630203"]
[quote author=ragarm55 link=topic=99507.msg1215822#msg1215822 date=1335629547]
And...You might say...One game or three...It's a tough match-up for the Dogs...
[/quote]  When you are a 4 seed, you deserve a tough matchup.
[/quote]

Brett Brown in 1 game is a tough match up. This could be 0-0 for a while.

WOW,
So much for having any advantage for winning district when you have a 4th place team that wins with 1 pitcher and you get 1 game instead of best of 3 and they get home field.  This should be the toughest 1st round for any 1st place team.  Nederland coach needs to go and buy a Lotto ticket tonight.

Well thats definately not what any team would hope for, But nothing has really changed.  Brett Brown is a very fine pitcher, No doubt about that, But BH is on a mission !  They are as focused as any team that I have seen in a long while. BH has been hitting the ball extremely well.  Not to mention ( Redemption ).  We might win 1-0, But I definately go with BH, Even with Brown on the bump...      Definately a smart move by Robbins.  Baytown Lee tried the one game route last year, And it bit them in the A$$$$$. 

Best of Luck to both teams.

Very smart move by Nederlands coach, BH IMO would take 2 of 3 because of depth. I hate 1 game series and think they should do away with it and have always felt that way.  Going to be a good game, I really think Brown is one of the top pitchers around and that BH has not faced a pithcer as good this year, but also think Brown has not faced a line-up like BH this year.  Will be a different game from last year.  Last year BH had 3 or 4 sticks in the line-up and when he shut those down BH could not get it going. This year everyone in the line-up can hit this year and not relying on 3 or 4 kids. BH has played great as a team with everyone doing something in a game to help.  Will be a good one and a tough game for both teams. I bet only 5 hits combined in the game and the team that makes less errors wins. 2-1 BH

[quote name="Hat Creek" post="1215962" timestamp="1335662188"]
as much as i dislike the hill, i will go with 19-4a.  bh should take this with relative ease
[/quote]
Highly doubt they will take this one with relative ease it being in Nederland with a good pitcher on the hill. Should be a real good one. Could be wrong though.

Will be everything But Easy, IMO BH may have the overall better team, but with Nederland getting the 1 gamer and home field, that just evened things up.  Brown is a give me starter for Nederland, just wonder who BH will throw Thames or Long ?  Long had a great game last year , one of the best pithcer duals of the year last season with him and Brown.

[quote name="Eagle0011" post="1216050" timestamp="1335677823"]
Will be everything But Easy, IMO BH may have the overall better team, but with Nederland getting the 1 gamer and home field, that just evened things up.  Brown is a give me starter for Nederland, just wonder who BH will throw Thames or Long ?  Long had a great game last year , one of the best pithcer duals of the year last season with him and Brown.
[/quote]

Hard for Barbers Hill not to go with Long. Both are very good pitchers, talk about second guessed if you lose and you didn't throw potential draft choice and Div 1 signee.

Nederland has to get Brown some runs, if they do, it could be long night for Barbers Hill. Vice versa, if Nederland stuggles at plate, Barbers Hill has 9 in that lineup that can scratch a run.

[quote name="Eagle0011" post="1216050" timestamp="1335677823"]
Will be everything But Easy, IMO BH may have the overall better team, but with Nederland getting the 1 gamer and home field, that just evened things up.  Brown is a give me starter for Nederland, [b]just wonder who BH will throw Thames or Long[/b] ?  Long had a great game last year , one of the best pithcer duals of the year last season with him and Brown.
[/quote]

Is this real life? I'm going to roll with Long on this one!lol

[quote name="roar!" post="1216200" timestamp="1335751949"]
nederland is one of the toughest places in texas to come in and play...i'll give the edge to the  dawgs and brown
[/quote]
The advantage will go to whose bats show-up.  BH's record was perfect in the second-half and in those seven games Barbers Hill scored a total of 83 runs (average of 12 runs per game) and their pitching/defense allowed only seven runs(average of 1 run per game) .....

I really doubt that playing at Nederland is going to be a problem for these guys!

[quote name="RedNeck_From_Hill" post="1216227" timestamp="1335762485"]
[quote author=roar! link=topic=99507.msg1216200#msg1216200 date=1335751949]
nederland is one of the toughest places in texas to come in and play...i'll give the edge to the  dawgs and brown
[/quote]
The advantage will go to whose bats show-up.  BH's record was perfect in the second-half and in those seven games Barbers Hill scored a total of 83 runs (average of 12 runs per game) and their pitching/defense allowed only seven runs(average of 1 run per game) .....

[b]I really doubt that playing at Nederland is going to be a problem for these guys![/b]
[/quote]
with the wind blowing in 9-10 times you will play there will always be a challenge to anyone who comes in and plays at nederland.  Overall this game should be a good one with the number one seed coming in and brown on the mound, this game should be a gem

[quote name="Eagle0011" post="1215874" timestamp="1335643361"]
WOW,
So much for having any advantage for winning district when you have a 4th place team that wins with 1 pitcher and you get 1 game instead of best of 3 and they get home field.  This should be the toughest 1st round for any 1st place team.  Nederland coach needs to go and buy a Lotto ticket tonight.
[/quote]

WOW!  UIL needs to re-think the "flip for all" method!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder