If you build it, they will come

Sept. thru Nov. is prime soccer season for recreational and select clubs. Try driving by the fields on Dishman in Beaumont, or Hogaboom in Groves, or the Lumberton and Orange parks, you will see alot of soccer fans. There should be more school teams but some schools have neither desire or funding to support them. The players are there, though. I have seen kids and their parents travel from Warren, Evadale, Kountze, and Buna to practice and play at Lumberton, Beaumont, and Groves. Just one soccer dad's opinion.

We live in Keller and soccer here in the MetroPlex is HUGE. My son plays for Fort Worth FC which currently has 22 teams. I can't tell you how many Select Organizations there are in the MetroPlex but there are alot. The opportunity for kids to get better is tremendous. All coaches for FWFC have their National Coaching License so the instruction is great. We play Outdoor during the Spring and Fall and Indoor during the Summer and Winter. The players here get so many touches on the ball it is incredible. Who are some of the better Select teams in the Golden Triangle and do you guys have the opportunity to play in any indoor leagues?

Actually... one of the premier club programs in the state is located right here in Beaumont..... Spindeltop Select.... Spindeltop teams are always among the best in the State... A few age groups from the organization even play in the highest division of club soccer in the state... Select teams always represent the area well and are always stiff competetion for whatever fellow elite programs they face... Most clubs in the area do not have the luxery of an indoor facility.... but... sometimes on rainy days Spindeltop players train in a designated gym....

Actually... one of the premier club programs in the state is located right here in Beaumont..... Spindeltop Select.... Spindeltop teams are always among the best in the State... A few age groups from the organization even play in the highest division of club soccer in the state... Select teams always represent the area well and are always stiff competetion for whatever fellow elite programs they face... Most clubs in the area do not have the luxery of an indoor facility.... but... sometimes on rainy days Spindeltop players train in a designated gym....

How many age groups does Spindeltop have? The Academy's here start at age 8 and go to U19. You should see the Indoor facilities here, they are unbelievable. They all have the new turf. Makes it good in the hot summers and cold winters here.

My girls have played for Hardin County Youth Soccer Club which a part of Spindletop. My youngest started at age 4 and is now a freshman in high school and still playing. She's 5'9" tall and has a killer kick. She plays fullback or midfield. HC Herricanes are a U19 girls select coached by Gary Haygood. They went to state a couple of years ago.

:o man, everyone who ever played soccer in SETX knew Jorge in some way, and nobody wanted to see him go. He was the "soccer man" in this area. Yeah, I think people will still play, but I know a few players that quit playing select at Spindletop because of him leaving.

yes, i agree everybody knew him and yes he was good, he knew the game and knew how to teach, my point is that if one or two main guys leave and the league goes down then they did not do the best job they could.  It is one thing to teach kids the game, it is also mandatory to teach the teachers ..."give a man a fish, feed him for a day; teach him how to fish feed him for a lifetime."

Guest LHSSoccerPlaya

My girls have played for Hardin County Youth Soccer Club which a part of Spindletop.  My youngest started at age 4 and is now a freshman in high school and still playing.  She's 5'9" tall and has a killer kick.  She plays fullback or midfield.  HC Herricanes are a U19 girls select coached by Gary Haygood.  They went to state a couple of years ago.

I have to agree with Tigerband dad Herricanes were good a few years back and my sister was actually on that team the year before, that year, and year after. However after losing Nicole Mouton FW, Courtney Dubois FW, Sonya D, and a few other key players they just dont quite have the punch they used to pack. Its been a little while since i have seen them play but Coach Haygood is a good coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder