West Orange-Stark vs. Hardin-Jefferson Game Thread/H-J wins 8-1!

[quote name="chevy" post="1215644" timestamp="1335578125"]
You think with all that talent at WOS they could win more games, Is it the kids or the COACH ?
[/quote]

Coach is fine.  Kids are young.  A number of freshman and sophomores are getting significant playing time.  Look for them to be competitive the next couple of years.

[quote name="chevy" post="1215644" timestamp="1335578125"]
You think with all that talent at WOS they could win more games, Is it the kids or the COACH ?
[/quote]

I can't believe I'm going to fall for this blatantly obvious troll but here goes....

First off let me qualify my statements before I start. Absolutely no disrespect meant in any way,shape, form or fashion to any WOS players.

WOS for lack of a better analogy showed up to every game like a guy who brought a spoon to a knife fight. They have some very good "athletes" who have not had the opportunity to play on high end travel teams or have the luxury of training all year like other schools. Most of their players don't train all year like the guys from "baseball schools" such as PNG, LCM, BC etc. When you have to start 4 or sometimes 5 freshmen you know you are outmanned from the word "go". Those freshmen that started on the varsity more than likely never see the field for another team as a varsity player for most of the other schools in the district this season. They went through some serious growing pains and matured rapidly to become competitive and give the WOS faithful something to look forward to.  Coach Landry did an outstanding job getting the most he could with the players he had. Those guys made great strides from where they began the year. Most folks on this board had them picked last in the district. Had anyone made the statement that WOS would be in the hunt for a playoff spot with 2 games left in the district they would have been laughed out of town. To even remotely imply that "coaching" was the problem or the reason they didn't win more games is so delusional it's not even funny. There are a few "professional second guessers" out there spouting non-sense about how "they should be the next coach" or how they "could coach better" but those folks are dumber than the village idiot. If they could coach then they would be coaching somewhere instead of buying a ticket to watch the show. Chevy, if that's you, it may be wise to shut your pie-hole and be thankful you have a coach who does it right. Shae Landry is exactly what that program needs, a guy who teaches and motivates. If your "little johnny" gets his feelings hurt because he can't handle a dose of reality or some discipline you need to head down to the dollar store and pick up a jump rope, some sidewalk chalk, and a hand full of jacks for him and tell him to have fun with that. If he wants to learn the game and learn it right he will be glad he has a coach like Shae Landry because he's certainly one of the good ones. Let all the pot stirring by the haters take place somewhere else because I'm done with this foolishness.

Rake 1

[quote name="Rake1" post="1215752" timestamp="1335588817"]
[quote author=chevy link=topic=99456.msg1215644#msg1215644 date=1335578125]
[/quote]

I can't believe I'm going to fall for this blatantly obvious troll but here goes....

First off let me qualify my statements before I start. Absolutely no disrespect meant in any way,shape, form or fashion to any WOS players.

WOS for lack of a better analogy showed up to every game like a guy who brought a spoon to a knife fight. They have some very good "athletes" who have not had the opportunity to play on high end travel teams or have the luxury of training all year like other schools. Most of their players don't train all year like the guys from "baseball schools" such as PNG, LCM, BC etc. When you have to start 4 or sometimes 5 freshmen you know you are outmanned from the word "go". Those freshmen that started on the varsity more than likely never see the field for another team as a varsity player for most of the other schools in the district this season. They went through some serious growing pains and matured rapidly to become competitive and give the WOS faithful something to look forward to.  Coach Landry did an outstanding job getting the most he could with the players he had. Those guys made great strides from where they began the year. Most folks on this board had them picked last in the district. Had anyone made the statement that WOS would be in the hunt for a playoff spot with 2 games left in the district they would have been laughed out of town. To even remotely imply that "coaching" was the problem or the reason they didn't win more games is so delusional it's not even funny. There are a few "professional second guessers" out there spouting non-sense about how "they should be the next coach" or how they "could coach better" but those folks are dumber than the village idiot. If they could coach then they would be coaching somewhere instead of buying a ticket to watch the show. Chevy, if that's you, it may be wise to shut your pie-hole and be thankful you have a coach who does it right. Shae Landry is exactly what that program needs, a guy who teaches and motivates. If your "little johnny" gets his feelings hurt because he can't handle a dose of reality or some discipline you need to head down to the dollar store and pick up a jump rope, some sidewalk chalk, and a hand full of jacks for him and tell him to have fun with that. If he wants to learn the game and learn it right he will be glad he has a coach like Shae Landry because he's certainly one of the good ones. Let all the pot stirring by the haters take place somewhere else because I'm done with this foolishness.

Rake 1
[/quote]
Ha ha ha.....Well said Rake!!!!

Amen Rake. We have the right coach. We still have some growing pains to come but as long as Coach Landry continues to teach baseball the right way we will get there. Coach Landry if you read this forum don't listen to the nonsense. Baseball people know that you are doing in right. I'm a dad with two kids coming up. It will be a few years but it's my hope that you are there to coach them at WOS. Again we have the right coach.

[quote name="td" post="1216172" timestamp="1335742752"]
Amen Rake. We have the right coach. We still have some growing pains to come but as long as Coach Landry continues to teach baseball the right way we will get there. Coach Landry if you read this forum don't listen to the nonsense. Baseball people know that you are doing in right. I'm a dad with two kids coming up. It will be a few years but it's my hope that you are there to coach them at WOS. Again we have the right coach.
[/quote]

TD and Rake have it right. Give him a couple of years, WOS will be back.

I haven't the fraction of the baseball knowledge of the 3 previous posters and even I saw an improvement over the Mustangs this year. 

Makes me wonder who the coward chevy is that would make such a statement and then immediately delete his account.

Well said about Coach Landry fellows.

Here is another perspective I was thinking about.

Coach Landry took his kids and finished in the same spot in his district race as Nederland did in their respective district race. Fourth place. Too bad only three teams go in 3A.  Not a bad job if you ask me. Heck NOBODY thought the mustangs had a chance going in, but in the end they lost a 2-1 game that would have forced a play in game I think.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder