Goose Creek Memorial vs. Barbers Hill Game Thread/Barbers Hill wins 10-0!

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1214131" timestamp="1335224664"]
Congrats to the 2012 19-4a Champions. BH took care of business tonight.

GCM needs to get on track PDQ. That was as ugly as it comes.
[/quote]

BH still has Crosby which they had to come from behind last time to beat. I don't know what happens if Crosby wins and GCM wins. That would leave BH and GCM with two loses and a split.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1214228" timestamp="1335230651"]
BH is no less than co-champs.

GCM has some work to do this weekend with rel and Crosby.
[/quote]

Hey Pats, I understand needing a bat in the game, but why move the fast kid out of Right Field and put the kid off of first base there?  I didn't get that ove at all, especially since the bat was not working for the right fielder either. 

Czerwonka's curve ball was really off today. 

[quote name="joebob" post="1214848" timestamp="1335406224"]
Probably because the lefty has been their best pitcher....he pitched a one hit.shutout what more do you want?
[/quote]

and there ya have it.
This Thames kid really impresses me. He may be small but has a can-do, bull dog attitude. Very athletic.

[quote name="dragbunt" post="1214973" timestamp="1335457201"]
BH is loaded with pitching.  Three quality starters going into playoffs.
[/quote]

Yes they are. Not quite as deep as the '07-'08 teams that had 5 quality starters.
BH with another strong pitching staff.

The pitching can be very good if all 3 are at their best but the team will have to continue to swing the bats well against good pitching in the playoffs. The pitching we face in the playoffs will be much improved compared to what we've seen so far. The '08 team is an example of what can happen if you can't hit the ball when the pitching improves. You've got to do it all to make a deep run.

[quote name="RIP09" post="1215022" timestamp="1335464230"]
The pitching can be very good if all 3 are at their best but the team will have to continue to swing the bats well against good pitching in the playoffs. The pitching we face in the playoffs will be much improved compared to what we've seen so far. [b]The '08 team is an example of what can happen if you can't hit the ball when the pitching improves. You've got to do it all to make a deep run.[/b][/quote]

That and make your grades so you are eligible to play.  ;)
Give you a call later, Rip.
Jr had smoke coming from the gun last night.  ;D

[quote name="RedNeck_From_Hill" post="1215043" timestamp="1335467472"]
Newcomb, Denny, Thompson, Bonnin - Are they all batting over .400 ?  I know two of the four are.

[/quote]

I have no clue. You're obviously more in the know than I am. Stats aren't posted anywhere that I'm aware of. The GCM game was the best I've seen us play and that needs to continue. Great team effort with many contributors to the win. The team just needs to continue this when the competition gets better. Brown from Nederland will be a great first round test if we face them.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1215042" timestamp="1335467136"]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=99336.msg1215022#msg1215022 date=1335464230]
The pitching can be very good if all 3 are at their best but the team will have to continue to swing the bats well against good pitching in the playoffs. The pitching we face in the playoffs will be much improved compared to what we've seen so far. [b]The '08 team is an example of what can happen if you can't hit the ball when the pitching improves. You've got to do it all to make a deep run.[/b][/quote]

[b]That and make your grades so you are eligible to play[/b].  ;)
[/quote]

True, but that was only one player and the bats were silent in that series. The pitching as good as it was couldn't carry the team which was my point. You still have to play defense and put some runs on the board.

Guest UHCoog14
Not a real strong district this year. Very top heavy. I think I could hit .400 against CE King, NF, GP and the like.

Pitching will be the key. BH and GCM both have quality starters. BH has more pitching depth.

I am interested to see how BH responds Friday against Crosby.

[quote name="RIP09" post="1215065" timestamp="1335472334"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=99336.msg1215042#msg1215042 date=1335467136]
[quote author=RIP09 link=topic=99336.msg1215022#msg1215022 date=1335464230]

[b]That and make your grades so you are eligible to play[/b].  ;)
[/quote]

True, but that was only one player and the bats were silent in that series. The pitching as good as it was couldn't carry the team which was my point. You still have to play defense and put some runs on the board.
[/quote]

Oh I agree.  However, all 5 of Bay City's runs were unearned as a result of errors from the two positions affected by the missing player. Great way to end your high school pitching career.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder