IT'S OFFICIAL!! Darrell Barbay new AD/HC at Jasper!!!!

[quote name="j_dog" post="1211614" timestamp="1334692317"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=99041.msg1211610#msg1211610 date=1334691870]
[quote author=T-daddy link=topic=99041.msg1211570#msg1211570 date=1334688420]
[quote author=DTH link=topic=99041.msg1211498#msg1211498 date=1334678563]
Need new blood at baseball position.  Someone that will coach football too!!!
[/quote]

heck no jasper better not ever have a baseball coach that also coaches football!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have a football coach and a baseball coach period..
[/quote]
Good grief, the discord has already begun!
[/quote]
No need for discord.  One of the best baseball coaches that Jasper ever had coached both baseball and football; and sent a few baseball players to the minor leagues, and at least two to the major leagues.  Also made two trips to the state tournament, and numerous trips to QF.  But since the current system seems to be working pretty well, no need to change that I see.
[/quote]

Jasper leaves a lot of good athletes on the baseball diamond these days that never buckle up the chin straps.  I would love to see more of our baseball boys represent the dogs at the Bone Yard.

This is a great hire for Jasper.  I know there will be plenty of excitement around town about Barbay coming to Jasper.

Alot of the times a football mentality makes your baseball teams compete and play harder.  It is more like having a united athletic program than having two separate ones.  I understand not every kid plays football and that is okay but from many first hand experiences football players bring another intangible. 

[quote name="j_dog" post="1211655" timestamp="1334698545"]
I agree, Jasper is too small of a school for kids not to play more than one sport.
[/quote]

I agree I want my son to continue playing football so let me tell you a TRUE story..after morgan left coach mixon (baseball coach) continued going to the field house every morning early so the football players could work out. about 15 kids are now showing up and they were just sitting around talking..he asked them why they are not working out that they needed to get stronger faster ect..he asked who was a leader on the team one of our starting soph stood up and said he was the coach started telling him how he needed to lead and encourage everyone to work hard..this (superstar) began dropping F bombs and cussed him up and down including alot of racist comments (towards white's)..now first i give the coach alot of respect for not beating him down..second its this thug mentality that keeps alot of great white athlete's playing baseball year around and out of football..I understand its hard for a football coach to kick a great player off the team but as a father do you really want your son around this type of atmosphere..This has been a huge problem in the past and is the exact reason why alot of great baseball players did not play football..everyone sees the issue of having only 3or4 white kids on varsity when the population of the school is 60% white your playing with one hand tied behind your back..Morgan started making headway in this area and I'm sure Barbay will continue now that he is here..

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1212156" timestamp="1334772743"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=99041.msg1211655#msg1211655 date=1334698545]
I agree, Jasper is too small of a school for kids not to play more than one sport.
[/quote]

I agree I want my son to continue playing football so let me tell you a TRUE story..after morgan left coach mixon (baseball coach) continued going to the field house every morning early so the football players could work out. about 15 kids are now showing up and they were just sitting around talking..he asked them why they are not working out that they needed to get stronger faster ect..he asked who was a leader on the team one of our starting soph stood up and said he was the coach started telling him how he needed to lead and encourage everyone to work hard..this (superstar) began dropping F bombs and cussed him up and down including alot of racist comments (towards white's)..now first i give the coach alot of respect for not beating him down..[b]second its this thug mentality that keeps alot of great white athlete's playing baseball year around and out of football..[/b]I understand its hard for a football coach to kick a great player off the team but as a father do you really want your son around this type of atmosphere..[b]This has been a huge problem in the past and is the exact reason why alot of great baseball players did not play football..everyone sees the issue of having only 3or4 white kids on varsity when the population of the school is 60% white your playing with one hand tied behind your back..[/b]Morgan started making headway in this area and I'm sure Barbay will continue now that he is here..
[/quote]

Really?  I mean REALLY? I happen to be a "white" guy who played high school AND college ball and this is the most ridiculous comment I have heard in a while.  "WHITE BOYS" don't skip out of football because of the shallow-minded reasons listed in your retarded comment.  Good things our "white boys" don't cuss or disrespect their elders.  You poor backwards soul...I think you give us White Folk a bad name!

[/quote]

I agree I want my son to continue playing football so let me tell you a TRUE story..after morgan left coach mixon (baseball coach) continued going to the field house every morning early so the football players could work out. about 15 kids are now showing up and they were just sitting around talking..he asked them why they are not working out that they needed to get stronger faster ect..he asked who was a leader on the team one of our starting soph stood up and said he was the coach started telling him how he needed to lead and encourage everyone to work hard..this (superstar) began dropping F bombs and cussed him up and down including alot of racist comments (towards white's)..now first i give the coach alot of respect for not beating him down..second its this thug mentality that keeps alot of great white athlete's playing baseball year around and out of football..I understand its hard for a football coach to kick a great player off the team but as a father do you really want your son around this type of atmosphere..This has been a huge problem in the past and is the exact reason why alot of great baseball players did not play football..everyone sees the issue of having only 3or4 white kids on varsity when the population of the school is 60% white your playing with one hand tied behind your back..Morgan started making headway in this area and I'm sure Barbay will continue now that he is here..
[/quote]Are you for real? ;D ;D ;D it's people like you that give a town a bad name!! PLEASE!! Sorry couldn't help it.
Congrats to coach Barbay and Jasper. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Being from Jasper, and having worked in the district for several years..... This is not a shock. 

[quote name="wife" post="1212215" timestamp="1334779255"]
[quote author=T-daddy link=topic=99041.msg1212156#msg1212156 date=1334772743]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Being from Jasper, and having worked in the district for several years..... This is not a shock.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, I'm sure you're right...

Jasper needs a good program.  Miss the days of Moye and others who made such a good team.  That Jasper vs. Gilmer game is still one of my all-time favorite games (Jasper should have won by the way, no thanks to refs).  Good luck from a BH Honky....... ;D ;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1212827" timestamp="1334864451"]
Jasper needs a good program.  Miss the days of Moye and others who made such a good team.  That Jasper vs. Gilmer game is still one of my all-time favorite games (Jasper should have won by the way, no thanks to refs).  Good luck from a BH Honky....... ;D ;D
[/quote]Yea that was a very good game I hunted for that game on video for some time till i got me a copy A CLASSIC OF A GAME

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder