West Orange-Stark vs. Hamshire-Fannett Game Thread/WO-S wins 6-5!

WOW!! irishpirate reported 9-2, then adminbaberuth reported 6-5. How did that happen, lets see take the 3 off the 9 and that makes 6 then the 3 that was taken off the 9 add to the 2 to make that 5. Oh I see. 6-5. Ok I got a head ache now. To much thinking.........

[quote name="STiger85" post="1208327" timestamp="1334027643"]
WOW!! irishpirate reported 9-2, then adminbaberuth reported 6-5. How did that happen, lets see take the 3 off the 9 and that makes 6 then the 3 that was taken off the 9 add to the 2 to make that 5. Oh I see. 6-5. Ok I got a head ache now. To much thinking.........
[/quote]

Same here, 85!  Actually, the 6-5 win was the THIRD different score I had gotten as I had one report of HF winning 6-5.

The WO-S/HF softball final score was 9-3 so I suspect the 9-2 update was a softball score unintentionally reported in the baseball section.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1208334" timestamp="1334028642"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=98728.msg1208320#msg1208320 date=1334027183]
Thanks, admin!
[/quote]

I've been a slacker in baseball this year, grandkids have me hopping.
[/quote]

Not at all.  They would be a lot of empty spaces on these scoreboards if not for your help.

What a terrible group of umpires. They were the same on both sides but they sure take the game away from the kids. Was a good game played by kids alot of heart from both sides. HF just makes to many errors and the lost shows for it. They still had a chance at the end to win but they came up a little short. Herring pitched a great game for his first of many at HF.

I thought both teams showed a lot of heart. Both sets of umps (the JV and the Varsity) made horrific calls. The home run that cost the JV game was clearly foul. How can an ump in the varsity game be looking down a foul line on a pop fly and rule a ball that was 2 feet foul a hit. I was sitting right on the line looking down and had the same view that he did. One of the worst obvious calls I have ever seen. I may disagree with close calls but I understand them and an ump is gonna blow a few calls on close plays. BUT one that obvious is inexcuseable. Both teams kids played great but I think a lot of them had the umps in their head most of the game.

I must admit on the play to centerfield I first thought that the Mustang player had dropped the ball as well, it is so far out there it was hard to see for sure. Just a white spot kinda showed up on the ground. However, every player I talked to afterward confirmed it WAS his hat not the ball. The umpire really didn't see it anyways because he had already signaled the out and had his back to the play.

Even with the umpires, I loved the game, almost playoff atmosphere and great plays by both teams.

Get well Woody you have the heart of a lion. Good luck to the Horns the rest of the way.

[quote name="Horns89" post="1208363" timestamp="1334054263"]
What a terrible group of umpires. They were the same on both sides but they sure take the game away from the kids. Was a good game played by kids alot of heart from both sides. HF just makes to many errors and the lost shows for it. They still had a chance at the end to win but they came up a little short. Herring pitched a great game for his first of many at HF.
[/quote]

Just another mention of the umpires in this game. I will say that they were terrible for both teams. The strike zone was somewhere from another planet. The foul balls and fair balls were missed on three different occasions. I just can not imagine any possible way that these 4 umpires (jv umps and varsity umps) could possibly make it through the TASO group and their demanding requirments to call high school baseball games, much less t-ball games. Once again, neither team benifited from the crazy calls, it was horrible for both teams. Mr. Coit these kids deserve better than the joke that TASO sent to umpire these games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder