Hamshire Fannett

HF is 0-4 in district play and tomorrow night they take on the silsbee tigers at HF's field. To have any chance at playoffs they are going to have to win the next 6 games in a row. Looks to me like they played a bunch of mediocre teams in preseason and got the big head and now they can't step up to the plate and get the job done. They have lost 4 district games, 3 of them which should have been wins. In the WOS game they made errors and couldn't get anything done at the plate. When they played HJ, Jeffcoat pitched great but had no defense behind him and yet again they could not get the job done at the plate. Against OF, they had a great chance to win it in extra innings but 2 errors in the eighth cost them that game. And tuesday night against Bridge City, HF hung in there for the first few innings with a score of 1 to 1 and then 2 errors made by HF brought across 2 more runs and it went down hill from there. They are going to have to bring all they have for the next 6 games. And if the rotation continues like it has been Jeffcoat will get the start tomorrow against Silsbee and for HF's sake he will do good again and actually have some kind of "defense" behind him which will lead them to a victory.

Voices, sounds like what they are lacking is leadership from it's own players. I know the coaches are great leaders, know them personally, but if you don't have a player or two step into a leadership role that buy into what the coaches are teaching them, you are a ship out to sea with no rudder.

Now I haven't seen this team play this year and correct me if I'm wrong, but from everything I've read and been hearing that sounds like the case.

[quote name="SilentVoices" post="1206589" timestamp="1333594340"]
HF is 0-4 in district play and tomorrow night they take on the silsbee tigers at HF's field. To have any chance at playoffs they are going to have to win the next 6 games in a row. Looks to me like they played a bunch of mediocre teams in preseason and got the big head and now they can't step up to the plate and get the job done. They have lost 4 district games, 3 of them which should have been wins. In the WOS game they made errors and couldn't get anything done at the plate. When they played HJ, Jeffcoat pitched great but had no defense behind him and yet again they could not get the job done at the plate. Against OF, they had a great chance to win it in extra innings but 2 errors in the eighth cost them that game. And tuesday night against Bridge City, HF hung in there for the first few innings with a score of 1 to 1 and then 2 errors made by HF brought across 2 more runs and it went down hill from there. They are going to have to bring all they have for the next 6 games. And if the rotation continues like it has been Jeffcoat will get the start tomorrow against Silsbee and for HF's sake he will do good again and actually have some kind of "defense" behind him which will lead them to a victory.
[/quote]

It's hard to be a leader when nobody seems like they want to be there.  Have you watched the intensity that most of the kids have.  There is a few that have the full burning desire to be there, and then the other half who don't.  I hear a few voices on the field when the HF plays.  It kinda reminds me of your name "SilentVoices."  But they still have the full potential to make a comeback. Nothing is over for those boys they have a few good leaders, and I believe that they will step up to lead the team to more wins again. So leave the negativity out of this thread. Leave the "There is next year attitude." And let the boys figure out whats going on don't need the talking on here for them to figure out what the need to do.

HF has a tough row to hoe, but they can pull it out.  They do need the seniors to step up and be leaders which has always been an issue with this group. They have 5 seniors on the squad, 1B, SS, OF, P/C and P.  Sad to say, but I think many key errors have also come from some of them, so they need to up their intensity and play like the leaders they are supposed to be.  As was said, there is no I team, and HF still has a few that haven't learned that spelling lesson yet.  It is better.

[quote name="JUSTforYOU" post="1206768" timestamp="1333638761"]
[quote author=SilentVoices link=topic=98571.msg1206589#msg1206589 date=1333594340]
[/quote]

It's hard to be a leader when nobody seems like they want to be there.  Have you watched the intensity that most of the kids have.  There is a few that have the full burning desire to be there, and then the other half who don't.  I hear a few voices on the field when the HF plays.  It kinda reminds me of your name "SilentVoices."  But they still have the full potential to make a comeback. Nothing is over for those boys they have a few good leaders, and I believe that they will step up to lead the team to more wins again. So leave the negativity out of this thread. Leave the "There is next year attitude." And let the boys figure out whats going on don't need the talking on here for them to figure out what the need to do.
[/quote]

The problem with HF is that they are not one unit. They are a team of talented individuals that do not play together. They play as individuals. This is not something that can be turned on overnight. This is a mindset that should start way before a baseball season ever starts. "Team" happens by the veteran players taking the younger players under their wings and building a cohesive unit that thrives off of each other. Many, and I repeat many, not all, see any other player as a threat and they look for any way they can to alienate that person from the returning core of players. Any person who knows anything about defeating the opponent knows that it is a lot easier to defeat that opponent when they are divided. Many, and I stress not all, of the upper classmen have done the dirty work for the others in the district. Until HF starts treating the entire high school program, seniors through freshmen, as one "team", they will struggle. Sure they will make the playoffs from time to time, but they will never be a perennial power in 21-3A until the attitudes change.

[quote name="BuckBuck" post="1206807" timestamp="1333641370"]
HF has a tough row to hoe, but they can pull it out.  They do need the seniors to step up and be leaders which has always been an issue with this group. They have 5 seniors on the squad, 1B, SS, OF, P/C and P.  Sad to say, but I think many key errors have also come from some of them, so they need to up their intensity and play like the leaders they are supposed to be.  As was said, there is no I team, and HF still has a few that haven't learned that spelling lesson yet.  It is better.
[/quote]

You are absolutely right some of the errors that would have changed the outcome of the game were errors made by the seniors.  The seniors are putting way too much of the weight on their shoulders. They are trying to do too much now that we are in district, but now it is time to learn from the mistakes. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder