Anahuac's Barbay among applicants for Jasper job

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="j_dog" post="1205496" timestamp="1333420731"]
interesting!  a competitive field.
[/quote]

I noticed the one applicant, Lonnie Cook I believe, is listed as self employed.  Has anyone heard anything about this guy?  Coaching experience, etc?  Just curious, everyone else appears to have current coaching job.......

[quote name="CoachTater" post="1205553" timestamp="1333455531"]
[quote author=First Down link=topic=98431.msg1205549#msg1205549 date=1333454762]
Bo Robinson from Lavernia would be a good hire as well.
[/quote]

Is this the same Bo Robinson that was at Bangs?
[/quote]

Yes - see article.
[url=http://m.reporternews.com/news/2006/mar/31/bangs-football-coach-leaving-for-la-vernia/]http://m.reporternews.com/news/2006/mar/31/bangs-football-coach-leaving-for-la-vernia/[/url]

[quote name="jdog007" post="1205927" timestamp="1333500548"]
Best fit is Alvarez
[/quote]

whats your hang up on alvarez..all he cares about is football period..he couldnt handle being over shadowed by coach Mixon and the baseball program..it wouldnt be long before he started trying to kill the baseball program just like he did in kville.

Alvarez would not be overshadowed by Mixon,he would be very supportive of baseball as well as all the other sports at JHS, this rumor needs to stop stating that he would destroy baseball,does the baseball coach care about football and the other sports,why should one sport be pitied against the other,all should be supported

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1206069" timestamp="1333510394"]
[quote author=jdog007 link=topic=98431.msg1205927#msg1205927 date=1333500548]
Best fit is Alvarez
[/quote]

whats your hang up on alvarez..all he cares about is football period..he couldnt handle being over shadowed by coach Mixon and the baseball program..it wouldnt be long before he started trying to kill the baseball program just like he did in kville.
[/quote]

That's one man's opinion....Yes Alvarez is a Football Man,He's not a fit for Jasper from what iv'e seen in the last few years I don't think the man for Jasper is among us yet...lot's of turmoil in Jasper,city,schools,Police Dept.it's everywhere....

Terry Farmer from South Lafourche in Louisisana would be a major pull. He performed a major turnaround job in the S.Laf. He would definitely get Jasper to the next level. 

[quote name="Jbdfan" post="1206436" timestamp="1333575710"]
I am not trying to call the shot, but Barbay has the pedigree and the ties to the area that would make him want to stay and grow a program.
[/quote]

I will say it again.  Who is going to want to stay in a situation (and be successful) as long as there are people in administration with their own agendas?  As long as Mr. Coleman and the president of the school board have in their mind to "save the baseball program" at the expense of the other sports, then there will never be a quality football coach that will want to stay in Jasper. Whether it is Foreman, Barbay or Alvarez.  I think the next really good HC/AD should be able to support ALL  of the sports.  The school board and administration should be in FULL support of the HC/AD and what he is trying to accomplish.  If the administraion has anything but the best interests of ALL of the student/athletes in JISD then they need to step aside and let somebody else do the job the RIGHT way.

[quote name="BigDawg74" post="1206606" timestamp="1333596156"]
[quote author=Jbdfan link=topic=98431.msg1206436#msg1206436 date=1333575710]
I am not trying to call the shot, but Barbay has the pedigree and the ties to the area that would make him want to stay and grow a program.
[/quote]

I will say it again.  Who is going to want to stay in a situation (and be successful) as long as there are people in administration with their own agendas?  As long as Mr. Coleman and the president of the school board have in their mind to "save the baseball program" at the expense of the other sports, then there will never be a quality football coach that will want to stay in Jasper. Whether it is Foreman, Barbay or Alvarez.  I think the next really good HC/AD should be able to support ALL  of the sports.  The school board and administration should be in FULL support of the HC/AD and what he is trying to accomplish.  If the administraion has anything but the best interests of ALL of the student/athletes in JISD then they need to step aside and let somebody else do the job the RIGHT way.
[/quote]

BS BS BS and more BS.....if you dont know what your talking about then keep your mouth shut..neither of the guys you mentioned have anything to do with morgan leaving period...morgan wanted to leave and needed to leave for personal reasons he through the admin under the bus to save face in case he ever goes back into coaching...morgan isnt (I'll just stop myself here)...he is a good coach wish him and his famly the best and hope everything works out...he's young and we have all made mistakes at his age..

[quote name="89falcon" post="1206117" timestamp="1333544079"]
Terry Farmer from South Lafourche in Louisisana would be a major pull. He performed a major turnaround job in the S.Laf. He would definitely get Jasper to the next level.
[/quote]
No, he ain't the man for the job. Barbay is the only way Jasper returns to greatness.

[quote name="jenks" post="1206983" timestamp="1333661385"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=98431.msg1206117#msg1206117 date=1333544079]
[/quote]
No, he ain't the man for the job. Barbay is the only way Jasper returns to greatness.
[/quote]

Not the only way.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1207062" timestamp="1333668266"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=98431.msg1206983#msg1206983 date=1333661385]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=98431.msg1206117#msg1206117 date=1333544079]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Not the only way.
[/quote]
We shall see!  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86