Future of Liberty County

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="jenks" post="1219266" timestamp="1336351379"]
To far apart aren't they?
[/quote]

I personally think they are too far apart even though the schools may not be far the people who go to Hardin and daisetta don't exactly live in the city. So this would make it very hard to combine and even if the distance wasn't a problem they never would combine

[quote name="LP2012" post="1219292" timestamp="1336355761"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=97792.msg1219266#msg1219266 date=1336351379]
[/quote]

I personally think they are too far apart even though the schools may not be far the people who go to Hardin and daisetta don't exactly live in the city. So this would make it very hard to combine and even if the distance wasn't a problem they never would combine
[/quote]

Hardin's school district runs over 20 miles north of the school...Liberty's runs west to the trinity river and south to the county line...Daisetta runs east to pretty much the Hardin county line...

Combining these schools would mean that there would pretty much be 1 school taking up almost the whole county.  I doubt that will happen....but I have been wrong before

[quote name="knows2much" post="1219360" timestamp="1336399105"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=97792.msg1219292#msg1219292 date=1336355761]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hardin's school district runs over 20 miles north of the school...Liberty's runs west to the trinity river and south to the county line...Daisetta runs east to pretty much the Hardin county line...

Combining these schools would mean that there would pretty much be 1 school taking up almost the whole county.  I doubt that will happen....but I have been wrong before
[/quote]
A combination of Liberty, Hardin, and Daisetta would be a terrible idea when considering football, you'd have the same 22 starters from Liberty but your bench would grow and we would move up to 4A with this same team that finished 7-3 and didn't make the playoffs in 22-3A...Terrible idea

[quote name="LP6" post="1219420" timestamp="1336412504"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=97792.msg1219360#msg1219360 date=1336399105]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
A combination of Liberty, Hardin, and Daisetta would be a terrible idea when considering football, you'd have the same 22 starters from Liberty but your bench would grow and we would move up to 4A with this same team that finished 7-3 and didn't make the playoffs in 22-3A...Terrible idea
[/quote]
Very True LP

[quote name="LP6" post="1219420" timestamp="1336412504"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=97792.msg1219360#msg1219360 date=1336399105]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]You are living in a dream world, if you don't think H-D has atleast 4 players who would start both ways at Liberty. Tyler Drake, Chris Taylor, Garrett Hickman and Austin Edmondson for sure would start at Liberty. LOL! Liberty ain't all that. H-D has beat teams like Anahauc and Barber Hill in the past, even with a big gap in classification.  ;)

[quote name="Mike_Honcho" post="1219546" timestamp="1336439075"]
hd could not be Anahuac in last five years or in the next five years.
[/quote]I agree. Anahauc has more numbers and athletes. When I played in the mid 90's we beat Anahauc. I played against Les Haskins and Jason Varner. H-D used to always schedule bigger schools and win.

Fitzwater will have a banner season in 2012. I agree he doesn't have all the greatest athletic ability in the world, but his stats and numbers don't lie. He also has potential to be a great college player also. I say Fitz will be the the District's MVP, All-Region, and All-State Selection..

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1219598" timestamp="1336451039"]
[quote author=Mike_Honcho link=topic=97792.msg1219546#msg1219546 date=1336439075]
hd could not be Anahuac in last five years or in the next five years.
[/quote]I agree. Anahauc has more numbers and athletes. When I played in the mid 90's we beat Anahauc. I played against Les Haskins and Jason Varner. H-D[b] used to [/b] always schedule bigger schools and win.
[/quote]
"Used to" is the key word, that's not the same HD and this isn't the same Liberty, Liberty would beat Anahuac last year and next year as well as HD so idk why you even put them in the conversation, Austin Edmonson would not start anywhere on the Panther offense neither would any of the others you mentioned, your crazy if you think either one of them could replace 6ft 200 pound 1000 yard rusher in 2011 in Dennis Antoine and anyone on this board will tell you that, and there is not a single chance that anyone could play quarterback thats for sure, and i Doubt any of them are replacing former setx sophomore of the year 1000+ all purpose yards two seasons in a row in Jordan Jones at WR and neither of them would replace Aaron Mosley at the other WR spot being top in the district in Td's and yds as a sophomore and 4 Tds in 4 games as a freshmen, so no they would not start both ways.

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1219768" timestamp="1336499726"]
Fitzwater will have a banner season in 2012. I agree he doesn't have all the greatest athletic ability in the world, but his stats and numbers don't lie. He also has potential to be a great college player also. I say Fitz will be the the District's MVP, All-Region, and All-State Selection..
[/quote]
People are defintely underestimating Fitzwater, if you've seen a basketball game you wouldn't say he isn't very athletic, his vertical and 40 time have increased dramatically over the offseason.

It's funny how good you think Liberty is and they never do anything. Finishing 3rd is a successful year. If the players are as good as you say, Liberty should be going deep every year in the playoffs. Heck, they aren't even the best in the District. Huffman will destroy Liberty this coming season. Huffman does have two former H-D Bobcats in Cole and Chase Harrell.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1219869" timestamp="1336522350"]
It's funny how good you think Liberty is and they never do anything. Finishing 3rd is a successful year. If the players are as good as you say, Liberty should be going deep every year in the playoffs. Heck, they aren't even the best in the District. Huffman will destroy Liberty this coming season. Huffman does have two former H-D Bobcats in Cole and Chase Harrell.
[/quote]
Coming from a team that doesn't even make playoffs in a 5 team district? If the all mighty bobcats have 4 players who could start both ways at a decent 3a school, then they should have at least made play offs, and by that i mean beating 3 district opponents. As to those 4 players you named what positions would they start at? I am not trashing the players, but i do not know what position coach H-D bobcat 55 wpuld play them at

Your Liberty Panthers are all world!! Nobody could come play at the power house Liberty!!  ;D  Liberty has and will always live in H-D's shadow, we are the only State Champ in the County. And in the last 14 years yall are living in Dayton's shadow. Hull-Daisetta has won 63% percent of it's football games and is a football town. Liberty... well they have a Walmart. lol!  :D Good luck with two former Bobcat studs Andrew and Zack Fregia, Bobcats will make that a strong Liberty football program.  ;)

First off i said a DECENT 3a team, 2nd the Fregias' have never played for HD high school, there fathers did, not them, 3rd unless you were on the state championship team stop bragging, and even if you were, what happened in the 70's does not matter. And how does a player that was hurt all last year make the Liberty program strong? As to Andrew the kid is a great athlete and i expect to see alot from him in the future. They are both good players. But back to the STUDS of the team the people who make this program run are Daniel Fitzwater, family is from amarillo, Jordan Jones, Liberty, Jake Vaught. Liberty, Aaron Mosley, Liberty, and Dennis Antoine cleveland, so please explain to me how Libertys program is ran by former bobcats. And what is the win percentage of the last 5 years? It isnt the 70's anymore unplug the lava lamp and look outside.

[quote name="LP2012" post="1219907" timestamp="1336528899"]
First off i said a DECENT 3a team, 2nd the Fregias' have never played for HD high school, there fathers did, not them, 3rd unless you were on the state championship team stop bragging, and even if you were, what happened in the 70's does not matter. And how does a player that was hurt all last year make the Liberty program strong? As to Andrew the kid is a great athlete and i expect to see alot from him in the future. They are both good players. But back to the STUDS of the team the people who make this program run are Daniel Fitzwater, family is from amarillo, Jordan Jones, Liberty, Jake Vaught. Liberty, Aaron Mosley, Liberty, and Dennis Antoine cleveland, so please explain to me how Libertys program is ran by former bobcats. And what is the win percentage of the last 5 years? It isnt the 70's anymore unplug the lava lamp and look outside.
[/quote]I never said they played high school ball at H-D. I bet our last 5 years is not very good, but neither is yalls. Try comparing yourself to a 3A school, not a 1A. Liberty has 400 more kids and should be able to smoke us in everything.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1219927" timestamp="1336532867"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=97792.msg1219907#msg1219907 date=1336528899]
[/quote]I never said they played high school ball at H-D. I bet our last 5 years is not very good, but neither is yalls. Try comparing yourself to a 3A school, not a 1A. Liberty has 400 more kids and should be able to smoke us in everything.
[/quote]
Should be able to? We can, and have. Basketball by 30+, football would be even worse, any girls sports, look we aren't the ones who came on here boasting that we could beat HD in everything, it was the HD posters who claimed they could compete with Liberty, or whatever the case was, it was the HD posters that started it, the topic of this thread is future of liberty county and all were saying that overall from girls volleyball to boys varsity track, a combination of the three schools would only hurt liberty making us 4A with not very many players from HD, and Hardin that would be able to impact us even a little bit, but for sure wouldn't make us a successful 4A we'd be terrible.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1219869" timestamp="1336522350"]
It's funny how good you think Liberty is and they never do anything. Finishing 3rd is a successful year. [b]If the players are as good as you say[/b], Liberty should be going deep every year in the playoffs. Heck, they aren't even the best in the District. Huffman will destroy Liberty this coming season. Huffman does have two former H-D Bobcats in Cole and Chase Harrell.
[/quote]
Don't even get me started on making players out to be better than they are, ME myself Lp6, have personally watched the HD Bobcats play last season with my own eyes, I personally saw the Liberty Panthers play all 10 of their games, and I can say, unlike you, that from seeing both teams, knowing players personally from both teams, that Hickman, Edmonson and Drake are not even in the same category as Fitzwater, Jones, and Vaught, and that's not based off of me thinking I know something because 20 years ago HD's backfield was stronger than Liberty's so it must be now, that's me telling you that Fitzwater is being recruited at a D1 level, Vaught will play college ball next year at a strong division 3 program, Edmonson, Drake and
Hickman none of those guys will play college ball, Chisholm is the best player at Hd (who is graduating) and is only playing D3, heck Hickman, Drake and Edmonson are even in Chisholm's category, what does that tell you? HD can be a "football town" have "football tradition" but when it comes down to the game of football you didn't even make the playoffs last season in a 5 team 1A district, Liberty would flat out embarass you on your home field with according to you "the entire town" in attendance, in front of everyone, then after our season whether or not we got 1-9 2-8 or 10-0 Fitzwater is still being recruited at a D1 level, Vaught is still playing college ball, Melton is playing D1 at Texas State, Tebo will be playing somewhere, Lacefield is playing D3, blah blah blah all the stats, players, coaches, tradition all of that aside, Liberty would smash HD in a head to head match up in football, basketball, track, girls volleyball, girls track, softball, baseball, golf, so quit saying we "live in your shadow" we don't, no one in this town or program envys HD, at all what so ever, last two years 5-6 with a playoff appearance, 7-3 no playoffs but major improvement as far as the team itself, compared to you guys missing out on the playoffs in a 5 team 1A district? I'm done comparing this to that, and what he said to what she said and all that, im telling you that Liberty is better than HD at everything at this point in time, and even compared to other 3A schools we are further along in competition with them then HD is with the other 4 teams in their little district that they never make it out of the first round in.

LP6 Liberty is a 3A and H-D is a 1A. Liberty has never been a football school. Heck, most of the Liberty teams won maybe 3 games a year, up until the 90's. Every once in a while Liberty would get a stud and ride him to a first round exit in the playoffs. And yes Liberty for years has lived in the shadow of all the football championships HD has won.(Including the only State Championship in Liberty County) And for you to call those top players out at H-D and say they won't play college ball is wrong. Tyler Drake lead that team in TD's and in many peoples eyes was the best player. Heck Drake ran for 6 td's in one game. I believe Drake will play college ball, and Chris Taylor has the size to also. H-D would have beat Liberty in football all the way up until about the last 4 years. Now with Coach Finney here, H-D will be ready to play Liberty in 2 seasons, trust me.  ;) ;D Get over Liberty football, stick to tennis and golf. H-D and Dayton are the football schools in this County.  ;D 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline