Future of Liberty County

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LP2012" post="1216738" timestamp="1335881009"]
Liberty would have won that district. Please name two schools in that district that could have stopped Liberty's offense.
[/quote]

I can name 3 teams that would have "produced more" offense than Liberty. East Chambers, Newton, Anahuac..  Buna may have been able too also.  You'll find out..  You guys play Newton and Buna next year.  Then we'll talk

[quote name="knows2much" post="1216758" timestamp="1335883237"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=97792.msg1216738#msg1216738 date=1335881009]
Liberty would have won that district. Please name two schools in that district that could have stopped Liberty's offense.
[/quote]

I can name 3 teams that would have "produced more" offense than Liberty. East Chambers, Newton, Anahuac..  Buna may have been able too also.  You'll find out..  You guys play Newton and Buna next year.  Then we'll talk
[/quote]

I believe Liberty did lead the area in total offense last year. Thier defense was atrocious, but the offense was legit, I don't think the teams you mentioned would keep up.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1216758" timestamp="1335883237"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=97792.msg1216738#msg1216738 date=1335881009]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Are you clinically insane? PA Memorial, Coldspring, Dayton, BH those teams couldn't "produce more" offense than Liberty hence the NUMBER ONE MOST PRODUCTIVE offense in south east Texas for the regular season, much less EC buna and these other Randoms lol

Yes Liberty played weak nondistrict oponents with the exception of Kelly, who lost the State Title game, and beat E.C. Liberty beat Kelly so with out a doubt Liberty would have beat yall last year. If Liberty can find guys to replace the 4 o lineman they lost then they can beat y'all next year too. Also Liberty scored more on Coldspring  than any other team in the district, and tied with Coldspring scoring twenty on Huffman. No defense in that district has the same intensity of Huffman or Coldspring.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1217679" timestamp="1336070004"]
Liberty's offense was the most productive because of their none district opponents. They did not have the most productive in 22-3A... I am referring to when district games started.
[/quote]
EC played Kelly, H.J, and Orangefield.... Liberty played Kelly as well only difference they won and EC lost, H.J is no better than Porter if not worse, same for Orangefield, bear in mind Liberty defeated Porter 42-7 their only TD coming in the final minutes of the game, Hardin is obvioulsy not as good as Kelly but they weren't too far behind H.J and Orangefield, and same goes for Huntington, EC had just as weak a non-district or even weaker non-district schedule than Liberty, but Liberty came out 4-0 and EC did not, so if they could "produce more offense" than Liberty, why didn't they? You guys are apparently underestimating the talents of 6ft6 219 Daniel Fitzwater, the signal caller for the panthers. No one in East Chambers, Newton, Hardin, Kountze, Anahuac, Buna, Woodville, Warren, can compare to the athleticism and pure talent that Fitzwater posseses, not to mention the fact that their aren't any DB's other than Justin Albritton of Anahuac who was injured last year, in that entire district that could cover the 6'3 Aaron Mosley, 6'6 Ryan Melton, 6'4 Jake Vaught or be able to run with the speed of Jordan Jones, so no their is NO team in that ENTIRE DISTRICT that could "produce more offense" than Liberty, and if the o-line is fixed, they won't be able to next year either.

I disagree minuteman. Now yes coach deel and his staff have made some mistakes, but what coaching staff hasn't? I personnally believe that Liberty will not see a change in success until the kids start to get the right attitude to work for their spots. In that area Liberty is improving. For example, for the first time in at least 4 years all 5 of Liberty's o-line could squat over 400 lbs, and although 4 lineman are graduating this year, the same will be true next year. Liberty has some great underclassmen who work hard as a group and i for one expect to see great things out of this group, and i know there are many panther fans who agree with me, To sum it all up it does not matter who you bring in as a coach if the players are not willing to work hard on and off the field no coach can win.

Didn't Liberty's D give up almost 70 to Coldspring? To say you scored more on a team that was OBVIOUSLY resting players and getting ready for the playoffs is FUNNY!! Wasn't it the last game of the year? Didn't Coldspring bring up a ton of JV players?
The size of your receivers is GROSSLY exaggerated, and its easy to cover kids that aren't very fast.
Someone in your district was able to cover your receivers LP6? Fitzwater gets bigger with every post! I am pretty sure you wont come out of non-district 5-0 and talking smack like last year!!

Coldspring played their starters the whole game. As Liberty opted not to have a running clock also, all of the points were scored early on so no Liberty was not playing their J.V or back ups. The only starter who was pulled was the N.G and that was because he was punching the centers helmet.

LP6 is not exagerating Fitzwaters size he is huge. He is 6ft 6 and weighed more than 2 of the starting offensive lineman at about 220. Also the other heights are not exagerated believe me Liberty has some tall kids. And as to slow recievers being easy to cover tell that to every team in the district who could not cover Trinity commit Jake Vaught who on a good day runs a 4.9.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1218309" timestamp="1336146449"]
Well, we all know rivals is true falcon... He's a good QB, but not the best one in that district. Liberty has some good kids, no doubt...
[/quote]

Who said he was the best? You disagreed on how big fits was, the rivals link only  backs up lp2012's argument.

I was merely commenting he is a good QB... But I don't think he is the best in that district. I never accused anyone of saying he was the best in that district. He's not 6'6", I've seen him play basketball and at track. He is more like 6'4" (maybe) and 5.0.
220 is more like 200, but a good QB none the less!!

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1218230" timestamp="1336140670"]
Didn't Liberty's D give up almost 70 to Coldspring? To say you scored more on a team that was OBVIOUSLY resting players and getting ready for the playoffs is FUNNY!! Wasn't it the last game of the year? Didn't Coldspring bring up a ton of JV players?
The size of your receivers is GROSSLY exaggerated, and its easy to cover kids that aren't very fast.
Someone in your district was able to cover your receivers LP6? Fitzwater gets bigger with every post! I am pretty sure you wont come out of non-district 5-0 and talking smack like last year!!
[/quote]
Glad you were at the game and just no the entire situation, CS played their starters for 4 quarters, Liberty scored 13 points on their starters, when they did pull players we continued to throw fairly well on them obviously it wasn't too good but no it wasn't on their Jv and all 63 points they scored were with their first team on the field. The size of the WR's isn't exaggerated at all, once again Vaught who will be playing football at Trinity next year is 6ft4 inches tall, Daniel Fitzwater who will sign with a division 1 football team is 6ft6 219 pounds, then 2 star Texas State signee Ryan Melton for right tackle who played WR/TE is 6ft6 inches tall, all three of those guys you should be able to confirm their height online somewhere, and then 6ft3 sophomore Aaron Mosley is still too young, but the height isn't exaggerated if you've ever seen him play.

[quote name="I_Can_Do_It_ALL!" post="1218322" timestamp="1336147276"]
I was merely commenting he is a good QB... But I don't think he is the best in that district. I never accused anyone of saying he was the best in that district. He's not 6'6", I've seen him play basketball and at track. He is more like 6'4" (maybe) and 5.0.
[/quote]
I'm glad you know him so well. He isn't the best QB in the district? The college scouts will tell otherwise, when Scott, Taylor, and Townley will not play at the level Fitzwater will, 1 they aren't as good, 2 they aren't 6ft6 inches tall and weighing 219 pounds, Fitzwater's legit height and weight at the under armour combine.

[/quote]

Would you like to come and measure fitz? I know him an his family I promise you he Is taller than 6 4 is just as tall as Texas state commit  Ryan Melton  who is 6 ft6

I was merely commenting he is a good QB... But I don't think he is the best in that district. I never accused anyone of saying he was the best in that district. He's not 6'6", I've seen him play basketball [b]and at track[/b]. He is more like 6'4" (maybe) and 5.0.
[/quote]
You've seen him at track? Fitzwater has never ran at any track meet, neither has he competed in any field events, and as far as this year goes i've been to all the track meets and he hasn't been at one, so unless your secretley spying on him I think its highly unlikely you've seen the kid up close as many times as you say, also if you've seen him play basketball you might wanna remember back when Cedric Reed played for Cleveland he was guarded by Fitz, Reed is listed by the University of Texas at 6ft4 inches tall and Fitzwater was clearly taller than Reed when the two played against each other, also Texas State has Ryan Melton listed at 6ft 6 inches tall and I've seen Melton and Fitzwater up close on numerous occations and Fitz looks a little taller but definetly not shorter than him.

When was the last time Liberty won District in football? Also when was their last playoff game. Just wondering. I remember Liberty having good basketball teams. But only really remember them having two good football runs in their history. When Reggie White and Tony Bua played they may have made the playoffs?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder